Why is low bronze so incredibly diffcult now?

I finally climbed out of bronze from the lowest SR possible with only one hero–Hanzo–in Open Queue, which I think is way harder than Role Queue, of which, I am currently in the process of climbing out of Bronze.

It IS possible to get out.

It has been a very humbling experience to say the least being hard stuck with less than 500 SR (it wouldn’t go any lower and just showed <500 with every loss) when I started this game 2 years ago (I know…I’m really late). I’m on a Laptop with a monitor that is only 60hz with an FPS that just can’t stay consistent–let me just say, my gear really sucks, but that IS NOT an excuse to stay stuck in bronze–at least, I didn’t allow it to be one for me.

This is what I’ve learned:

You just have to learn how to adjust to every player/teammate you roll with. You know, like having a Support player teammate Ana go DPS mode in the match without healing tanks or yourself. What do you do? Adjust your own play style, do not expect your teammate(s) to play different or switch heroes, and, most importantly, do not complain–because if you do, you already lost to the mental game and will hear that inevitable sound…“DEFEAT”. Learn how to adjust to your teammates weakness(es) and, if I may say, irresponsibility in what role their hero plays YOURSELF. Lookout for your own health and always back up your teammates. If your Rein charges in solo, GO BACK REIN UP because he definitely doesn’t stand a chance against 1v6, but maybe 2v6 with a pick or two from your help and MAYBE reinforcement will arrive.

It’s not just a matter of mechanical skills, but mental skills. Lift your weakest teammate up by making him/her a better player WITH your own skills. Oh, and don’t forget to land your shots ;).

Do I get tilted? Sure. Do I get accused of being a smurf (when I’m not) or a cheat/hacker (when I’m not) because my flick shots are just so damn sexy? Sure. Do I complain when my teammates legit suck or throw or drop out of the match or the enemy themselves are hacking? Never.

Instead, I WELCOME the challenge.

Bronze is the REAL place where Leaders are made. Why? Because it’s not about the stats and medals, but about getting the job done. That’s why they call me, Clutch City.

Bronze is the REAL grind where Leaders are born. Why? Because it is here where you truly learn how and what it means to carry your team.

If I can get out of Bronze with sucky gear and a mentality that never gives up on their teammates and, most importantly, yourself, SO CAN YOU!

I’m on a journey to becoming a master.

Join me.

Yours truly,
Hanzo

P.S. My Sharingan has awakened.
P.S.S. mercyy and hanzoo sitting in a treee~