Why is it so goddam hard to hear enemies?

If you’re using cheap headphones, the driver might be wearing out. Have you tried other headphones?

Can you hear doomfist in this? I’m on the PC version and i found that i had to go into advanced settings in the windows control panel and enable loudness equalization to make things like footsteps easier to hear.

I don’t suppose there’s a similar setting on console?

Agree. Enemies that used to be louder are very quiet since they changed Echo’s sounds. Will look for that setting

There is an ongoing bug where enemy footsteps would disappear.

I’ve seen this on Hog. And once it’s activated, you can see it on the Replay system.

On Replay, that Hog will also not have footsteps.

Unfortunately it’s not handled that way in this game. If someone’s off-screen, and things on-screen are making sounds, the off-screen things are completely silent. Add to that a few other bugs that cause sounds to cut out intermittently, and you’re very likely not to be able to hear what you need to hear.

The dev team is aware that the problem exists but doesn’t know how to solve it.

1 Like

There’s your answer, people.
Smoll indie k o m p a n i

Fixed in the 1.45 patch…

no patch released

4 Likes

This is a common thing that’s been happening since the game’s release, however wasn’t so bad until this year, I found.

1 Like

It went for me a while back as well. This rears it’s head a lot in OW throughout the years. Hopefully in OW2, it gets a permanent fix because I’m tired of fake promises.

I can hear his footsteps. PS4 has very limited audio settings.

Had a match yesterday defending the final strech of Eichenwalde. Their entire team was at the first corner & our entire team was dead center on point between both major turns, but I swear I kept hearing Mercy’s heels stepping on my brain. I kept taking quick glances behind us to find nothing.

God is this what I do to people when I play Mercy?

1 Like

Yeah, for whatever reason, an allied Mercy’s footsteps are about the same (in both volume and content) as an enemy Widowmaker/Symmetra/Mercy in the same location. I suppose it’s useful to know where your Mercy is to some extent, but treating it as equal priority with enemy locations is pretty strange.

The voice line for an allied Sombra throwing her Translocator is also treated that way, which makes life kind of awful if there’s a Sombra on both teams.

1 Like

Kinda sucks if that’s case though because Mercy’s very easy to know the location of anyway. Her pocket gets a healthbar & circle in the middle of their screen pointing to Mercy & everybody else sees the big blue/yellow beam connecting the two.

Right… and half the time her feet aren’t on the ground to make sounds anyway.

1 Like

It used to be, but they mucked it up.

1 Like

It just keeps happening, Hog (and others) make no sound as he sneaks up on actually decent players and ganks them. PLEASE FIX

I am unentertained, Blizzard Entertainment

Why are Mercy footsteps louder than Hogs or Hanzos for me?

2 Likes

Because for some unfathomable reason the sound mixer thinks they’re important and Hogs & Hanzos (& Reapers & McCreeps & … ) are not.

This has been a thing for more than a year, but since this patch i have had this issue spread out to abilities and ults. Just a few days ago an enemy sigma and mccree comboed their ults and noone on my team heard either of them going off. We saw the sigma floating in the air but noone found the glowing cowboy behind us suddenly killing everyone.

1 Like

Friendly Mercy next to me: Klink klank klink klank klink klank
Enemy Hog flanking behind me: Absolute master ninja of 0 sounds

5 Likes

I’ve found the new cheesiest thing in the game – McCreep making literally no sound as he creeps up on you & flash+fans you.

It’s insane this bug isn’t a top priority on the fix list. I don’t care if OW2 gets postponed indefinitely, this absolute bs needs to be fixed first. Can I get 2017 Overwatch back please?

I’m starting to wonder if this is actually, somehow, for some unfathomable reason, intended since it has just been left alone by the devs.

1 Like