Why is Hog still allowed to one shot most heroes?

He’s not an off-tank “”"“checking positioning”""" any more. He’s the one and only main tank on the team. Junker Queen’s knife is a lot closer to how his hook should work. She pulls people (not very far though) but doesn’t completely shut them down with zero hope of survival.

40 Likes

Because he’s not. You can put “checking positioning” all you want, but if hog’s in front of you, and you’re out of positioning so he can hook you for free, its only your fault. Accept it or don’t, the truth doesn’t change.

27 Likes

I love these forum hog threads. Queue tank yourself, pick a shield tank, make roadhog sad.

8 Likes

Ah yes, because Hog can’t flank. Of course. His one shot is not an issue. So easy.

11 Likes

Only way for roadhog to one shot you is if his gun in inside your hitbox.

Maybe not let that happen.

7 Likes

If the one tank is flanking then who is holding the front and more to the point the fact that he is flanking becomes VERY obvious and an obvious flank is just a feeder.

3 Likes

I see it this way.

Other Tanks give their team better positioning.
Hog/Ball/Queen give the enemy team worse positioning.

Different methods for the same goal of giving your team a positioning advantage.

12 Likes

I’m just thankful Hog sucks as a solo tank. He’s still bs to play against, but at least he can’t hide anymore.

17 Likes

Nope, because in your example, you merely state he’s “checking positioning”. Naturally, since he’s the only tank, its safe to assume he’s in front of his team and checking the enemy position for an easy kill so his team can move up. I’m not going to jump to think that he’s flanking because, in OW2, hog’s usually can’t afford to flank as much from what I’ve seen.

His one shot’s not an issue because it doesn’t exist. Three moves is not a one shot, and I refuse to think anyone who calls it a one shot is able to handle discussions on hogs.

2 Likes

Do you think low tanking ability and solo tanking is a good reason for Hog to have high damage? I feel like that’s a fair trade off.

Technically roadhog can indeed one-shot, much like reaper can, but the spread on roadhog’s weapon is so vast all the numbers people bring up on roadhog’s damage output is meaningless in the face of actual practical gameplay.

2 Likes

I don’t like how he can get one shots from 20 m away. I respect Rein pin one shotting cause he has to put himself in danger. THAT is the difference and why I don’t respect Hog.

10 Likes

That’s my issue with the kit - the idea is noble; a punisher of people out of position except his kit design just let’s him run out of position to punish people in position :rofl:

They went wrong with Hog when they let him move with breather. He should move at like 50% speed or -30% speed.

6 Likes

Roadhog is a tank, he IS the position.

1 Like

Yeahh not quite how that works tho’.

If Hog is out of position, what’s stopping your team from mangling his or progressing on the objective, esp in a solo tank environment?

That is exactly how it works, that is entirely how tanks function.

1 Like

You are kidding right? Solo tank yes, but we were talking two tanks.

No, tell me what your team is doing, or why you let a Hog flank you after 300 years of him walking somewhere.

Or why you have no idea where he is, or why you can’t 6 or 5v1 a Hog.

2 Likes

Dude get real. Hogs do this all the time, wander around apart from team trying get flanks - he is out of position. It’s not the players, sorry. You guys can defend this crap kit all you want, not a single pro or CC of merit thinks this kit is a good design.

5 Likes