Why is hack 6 seconds long when it isn’t a skill shot?

If you hack a Rein, it’s 5v6.

Don’t have to get a team kill. Either way, if people are usually grouped up in most cases so D.va bomb plus EMP is likely to get some kills.

That’s why main tank is usually the most hacked as well as flankers.

Every Widow I’ve met doesn’t notice when you appear next to them since they are scoped in and concentrated.

If you’re behind, not likely for them to hear the hack, perfectly turn on you and hit you in 0.67 seconds.

So is saying you can just hit her, though her kit is based on making people useless.

That’s why I suggested a nerf/buff that could help all sides. Make the most frustrating and relatively easy part shorter and buff her damage. Win win.

Because people can still kill while hacked. Widow, Hanzo, Reaper, Mccree, and Ashe can still 1-2 shot you when hacked. You can do absolutely nothing when slept.

Depends on the situation. If your out in the open like in junkyard it can be terrible. If you’re on the point your team can use hard cover till the shield is back up, and if they approach rein still has a large hammer.

Yeh probably. Ults in this game are probably too strong. On the other hand, you’ve burnt two ults so you’d hope it would do something. Nano/Dragonblade is a far more dangerous combo personally.

Right. Knowing their win condition makes preparing much easier.

I mean, numbers wise this is pretty irrelevant… This would surely just work once after which the Widow would be wise to these shenanigans and mine/positions accordingly.

Presumably hacked a Baptiste/Ana? Certainly useful as they have strong abilities but they’re still able to heal. If the team is mildly competent than an off tank or (if it was me) a mccree would come rolling/flashing/fanning and make a big song and dance to impress “Captain Amari”. Isn’t this the same scenario as dealing with any flanker?

It’s not making them useless though. That’s what you don’t seem to understand. It’s weakening a number of heroes that are particularly reliant on their abilities, that’s how counters work. Go McCree/Soldier/etc if you’re having trouble dealing with her.

This game relies heavily on a diverse array of abilities to make it interesting. Counter strike might be a better game for you if you’re not a fan of these character defining abilities. Also, giving a character who is a much more extreme version of Genji/tracers positioning a better gun sounds atrocious… These flanker characters shouldn’t have powerful weapons considering they can always easily reach the most vulnerable characters in the backline.

As for how to improve Sombra for everybody, I unfortunately don’t have an answer. But changing utility for damage is the wrong direction for this game to go.

This is pointless and getting nowhere. Though I am curious if instead of arguing is or is not if there is a possible mutual fix.
Just buff damage, shorten hack duration, and shorten clip. Makes it good for every one.
Sombra’s complain about not having enough damage output, which is true. People hate having their abilities shutdown for 6 seconds just to be hacked 2 seconds later. This way, Sombra can still keep her use and not be as obnoxious.

Just don’t play Doomfist against Sombra lol

And Sombra is fine. People finally recognize her true potential after so much time of her being called Trash.

Her hack can be easily cancelled and her gun isn’t good enough to finish off someone who’s not hacked.

Other than EMP, I just don’t see the problem. I could understand the hack speed being increased a touch but I’ve never really had any issues with her. If she’s good enough to be a problem, I’ll change to something that deals with her better. Kinda like Tracer/Genji if I’m supporting. If they’re a problem and I’m not getting any help, I’ll go someone better suited to the situation like Brig/Moira.

I’m guessing you didn’t read my reply but I actually touched on this at the end. If you want a pure shooter, then perhaps counterstrike and rainbow six would be much more enjoyable. In a game that is built around counters and diverse abilities that are crucial to the heroes identity and making them unique, weakening their unique parts and pushing everyone towards Soldier doesn’t seem particularly engaging =\ removing armour pack/collecting scrap in favour of a dull boost to stats in the case of Torb is not the direction I think Sombra should go.

HOWEVER I don’t really play her, just against her. So perhaps the people who do play her religiously would be down for this.

The fact that this got 79 likes is gross to me and shows 79 mercy / sombra players have no idea why they want sombra to be grossly OP they just do, or you’re buying likesz this forum is so weird lmak

It never will work online on such short cast time, if you take the network delay into consideration you’ll have to break LoS literally instant the hack animation pops for you, otherwise it won’t do it in time.

Realistacally, you probably have about 0.2 at best to react to it, so yeah, not an option.

For any tanker outside of Zarya (at high energy, that is), Moving won’t help you, much less trying to fight without any ability to use given they are extremely reliant on those to fight.

Out of the offensive heroes, Phara, Tracer, Bastion, DF, Genji and arguably Torb are toast as soon as you hack them, especially when its someone who has a decent tracking to use Sombra’s SMG.

And on the support role only Zenyata doens’t get heavily affected by hack (unless it’s EMP), Baptiste won’t be able to self heal, nor will Ana, Mercy will drop like a Rock, Brig won’t be able to use her shield so she’s in the same Boat as Reinhardt, Lucio won’t be able to wallride away and Moira will be grounded as well, in Moira’s case she might survive a 1v1 after being hacked, but being hacked in a fight with 2 people after her is death.

So, out of all the heroes, the ones that can really fight back after a hack are just Ashe, Hanzo, McCree, Junk, Widow, Zeny and maybe, maybe Soldier, Mei and Reaper.

Out of 30 heroes, between 6 and 9 can actually do something without their skills.