Why is GGEZ censored but not the N word?

My point stands for whether it’s your experience or the OP’s.

Some guy hops onto chat, for some reason they want to rile you up, they call you names, racial slurs, tell you to kill yourself, etc. My advice, mute and report them, they should be beneath your notice, barely worth scraping off your shoe. That’s my advice while your advice is… Wait, what was your advice besides just deriding me for mine?

1 Like

RobotWizard, don’t go down that road. Don’t assume you know the intent of other people’s reply. You are heading towards a toxic slope that doesn’t help the conversation.

I totally agree that a lot of racial slurs should be insta-censored. Filters is also an option, albeit one I don’t approve. it doesn’t remove the problem.

The problem is that the N word has become diluted to some, but the sting remains for others.

when it’s diluted, people don’t mind using it because they don’t believe it actually harms anyone. They don’t realize that it can harm someone. that someone might not be them, or any of their friends.

the potential harm of using the nword is enough to have it instabanned.

OP didn’t ask for advice.

And i didn’t give it.

I gave him my support.

Why even bother reporting if it does not get to you?

TIL I’m a white supremacist despite never using said word in-game (or outside of it) merely because I pointed out that there’s already a way to avoid seeing it.

4 Likes

Principal of the matter. If someone is throwing racial slurs around, or being toxic to one of my mates, I’ll report them.

I didn’t ask for your thoughts either, but y’know, public forum so I guess I’ll have to deal with them.

Theres no such thing bud. Youre just manufacturing outrage for outrage sake. Stop. You’ve had enough.

You do not have to be offended to recognise that someone is trying to offend you.

1 Like

Holy hell, I went off on a complete tangent. I’m surprised someone didn’t slap me into making more sense. Excuse me, but gonna bow out of this thread and sorry Jerant, was not at my best today.

While that is true, I usually pay those jackanapes no mind unless I feel it would be fun to talk trash back. I just believe someone trying to avoid the conflict is not necessarily going to report and have it linger. Just leaving prematurely is usually the most sensible route if you get offended easily.

Its 2020 yes, and clearly people waste time on looking for things to get offended by.
Yes, GGEZ is the only censored “thing” as a joke, because they know censoring, outside mature filtering is pointless and can be bypassed. E A S Y .

Stop getting triggered for things that didnt even happened yet and care about important stuff. A filter in a videogame where reporting exists and a mature filter is an option does NOT matter, nor you are going to make a significant change by virtue signaling this.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Daily reminder that GG EZ is not added to the profanity filter, this means it has been censored as a joke.

Racial slurs are covered by the profanity filter, it’s on you if you’ve disabled it.

You cannot complain to Blizzard about people bypassing the system, for that you need to report the user.

3 Likes

Oy mate… you cant solve a problem just that easy… you have to cry and mimimi in forums and demand those players to be banned! Wait until i call the new Marvel Heroes Snowflake and Safespace… they will show you how to solve those problems! xD

If you don’t like naughty words in general you can enable the profanity filter.
Profanity filter = bad words get filtered/censored. Who would’ve thought?

I am a genius I know but there is no need to thank me.

I don’t get it.
I don’t care about most run-of-the-mill curses, they either make me laugh or roll my eyes.
Slurs are a completely different ballgame, and I shouldn’t have to turn off things I’m fine with just to get rid of something that should never be said.

1 Like

what if you have an Npass?

Is that like the EZ-Pass?

Daily reminder that they use a system to scan chat for words that are made near when the report happens so censoring that word would make it HARDER to ban people for using it.

Turn on your chat filter. Or are you just wanting to control everyone elses filter?

And just like that, you exposed yourself as completely intolerant to anyone with a different opinion. No, disagreeing with you doesn’t automatically make someone a white supremacist. Get off your unearned moral high ground.

1 Like

It’s cool. I didn’t take offense to what you said. And you weren’t trolling.

I just hope that more people realize that filters and such doesn’t deal with the actual problem. It helps people deal with the symptoms, but the problem is still there.

Racial slurs has no place anywhere. Regardless if the tools are in place to censor/filter them.

It’s especially problematic when the negative stigma of using them is diluted so much that people feel its entirely ok to use them.

1 Like