Why is every so fast to judge?

I’m not against trying it, but I don’t think they should’ve added it to a live competitive season. I have ZERO desire to want to lose rating/SR testing Jeff’s newest idea. Someone asked him about putting it in the “experimental” mode, but he said that wouldn’t be ready until end of Feb. Why not postpone it? Oh, because they want to use it in OWL. But why not just let the pros try it out? I just don’t understand this decision to push it live and force it on everyone. And I don’t understand why Jeff said in the SAME dev update that they wanted to do more frequent balance changes and yet are going to also do this hero pool that changes the meta. How can you balance for that? You can’t. I would’ve been fine if Jeff decided to test out hero pool in QP or a separate Arcade mode for a few weeks. I am however against adding it right away to a live comp season.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Jeff said Season 21 was starting in March. But he said here that they couldn’t do it with the Experimental Card because it won’t be ready until Feb. WTF Jeff.

I’m so glad you guys exist and I’m not alone!! It’s so hard to make people UNDERSTAND

2 Likes

So true i agree guys.

2 Likes

Right. I am thinking, why not adding hero pools to experimental card?

Right. If they really wanted to avoid a meta then this change is a bad direction. IF they thought one hero was too strong they could either tone down their abilities OR they could add new heroes that counter those abilities and other heroes to counter that, making fast hero change play viable like the game originally promised to be. The game was sold on the idea that it was rock-paper-scissors, but not it’s eat rocks and like it.

It doesn’t take a genius to know hero pools will be chaos. There are a lot of problems.

• Already limited support/tank pools: banning the popular tanks/supports will leave us with options that are very underpowered and boring to play
  • Games will be won because of lack of counter play, not skill
  • It will be in the game for 2 months. That’s a LONG time in terms of video games. Many players will be long gone by the time it gets removed if it’s bad
  • The devs have a track record of not listening to the community or reverting bad changes. I don’t trust they will make the appropriate changes if it’s bad

Also, not an issue with hero pools, but with the devs. They completely lied to us. These are hero bans. Jeff told us they weren’t going to introduce bans, but they did

2 Likes

You believe them after what has been passed threw PTR? You got another thing coming. Also I have a feeling they are doing this to keep their precious OverwatchLeague alive.

1 Like

Well releasing 2 systems for different experience testing. Experimental Card is supposed to be used for buffs and nerfs not necessarily a new competitive mode.

it’s like how we had competitive season 18 as a beta. Except now it’s more of a season 21 testing. Not necessarily meaning we will get it though, if the feedback is bad.
1 Like

https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNJ_cTVQpE
I feel like Jayne offers some good insight on this. He’s been deeply involved with different aspects of OW for a long time. Coaching league teams, streaming fun content and really good at teaching/informing people who are trying to learn. Even he laughs at the thought of trying to make weekly videos saying what the new meta is and how little of an adjustment period that would give people.
It may not change anyone’s mind but he’s got a fun-almost comforting -way of approaching it that I think could spread some positive outlook on the matter.

That’s a great looking pizza! You guys decided to throw on some nice topping controls and toss it in the oven, but we don’t even have air to breath, water to drink, or a place to sit.

Fix the damn in-game systems, lower queue times, and solve all the laddering issues and ranked problems, then worry about balance and meta.

There is nothing ‘competitive’ about not even being able to compete for more than 3-4 actual matches per night.

I dono my first thought was man I bet this guys fat.

Jeff said hero bans are bad for the game. Then turns around and introduces blizzard implemented hero bans. There will be no rime or reason on who gets banned. There are a lot of unknowns like will you know bans before you queue?
If not how many matches will be thrown?

They can’t just go oh let’s turn this knob down a bit so people can have faster queue times

Jeff literally warned the community that there are some consequences with role queue. But of course no one acknowledged it because everyone was either complaining that role queue is a bad thing OR that it’s a good thing. Instead of listening to the consequences people complain about something that has already been explained

Edit some tweaks can be made. But the more popular a role is the longer queuing is going to take.

Yet they won’t revert it. Now they are talking hero bans and if the community doesn’t like it they will revert that?

1 Like

They didn’t say they were going to revert role queue. As for hero pool they said they are widely open to change or completely remove the system as a whole after testing

If a feature is hated by half the community wouldn’t it make sense to look into why? Not just add things and hope for the best.

Half the community isn’t a whole. People who do like it can have their right to test it. I’m not saying anyone should like it. But people who do, should be allowed to test it. Shouldn’t be removed because of a schism

Edit I see how you feel about. I actually see both sides. Hero pool has some goods and bads and I’m not saying it’s perfect. I’m just saying give it a try when it comes out. You don’t have to play it the whole season. And we aren’t all entirely sure if it’s going to be a system that stays. happen or not, We just have to wait and see. That’s literally all I’m saying. It’s a opportunity for change, maybe not for the good right now. But maybe in the future. We aren’t sure.

if i were to hazard a guess, it would be people who are either OTPs and/or afraid that their SR would be affected.

The thing is, people are just too fixated on that number and it may be rightfully so because well, it like showing off one’s car or something i.e. social standing.

I guess that once people realise that outside of the game, no one cares if one is a “T500” or a “sub-500” in a video game; this would be less of an issue.

I mean, when my friends find out that i am sinking so many hours into OW, the first thing they would say is, “Wow, is it that fun?” and the second thing they would say is that i need to get out more.

Correct. Streamers are free advertising and OWL is 20 mil per team not including ads and payed sponsors. This is all about revenue and keeping it as close to black as possible. Goats was boring to watch and dive is just who jumps first, also boring. This attempt to dictate how/why heroes will be played is not going to fly far. We’ll see who’s right come implementation. If Blizzard continues to refuse to listen to the player base it’ll just bleed players until all that’s left OWL and die hards.

could be a great system for off meta 1 tricks…i dont know why its okay to one trick a mcree and its fine…1 trick a torb and you get constantly reported for gameplay sabotage…

i dont 1 trick^^ but the above illustrates overwatch today. Most players consider the game based on personal preference and not the overall health of the game.

there are hero’s you cant play right now becuase another hero does everything generically better. why use a specific hammer when you can hammer every nail with a sledgehammer?

personally i want to see variety in my games be viable options…like a dream meta even if only for a week would be torbjorn/sombra/zen/brig/zarya/hog…

or better yet :smirk: a map requiring 2 meta’s simultaneously rather than mirror comps…