Why is EVERY mode in current Arcade 'MYSTERY'?!

Seems like a mystery to me.

2 Likes

This has been explained to death: it has the largest playerbase of all arcade modes. It’s basically democracy.

Well, turns out that no limits is one of the least popular arcade modes; tdm, ffa, total mayhem are all more popular.

This never appeared in the arcade (I don’t know why though). This was back when brawls were in the game.

Edit: need to adjust this: all brawls was only short lived in arcade, likely because it barely had any players.

Ah, okay. Thank you!
Personally, I think if you get ult charge over like 80%, then even if you die, you should keep that same character & ult charge.

But I do know it’s a strategy to kill people with high ult charges so they don’t get it.
There are plenty of ways to stop ults or stop them from effecting your team and a comeback is possible.
(Trust me, I’ve had a team beat the tripple bastion combo)

I HATE the current arcade. Comp ctf takes 10 years to find a match if you’re highly ranked and ALL the other modes are mystery. I wanna play the heroes I like so mystery has never been entertaining for me.

I wish the devs were confident enough in the arcade to make the lootboxs per 3 wins available in quick play and comp aswell, because the current system of “hopefully there’s mode I like” just makes it frustrating.

Its mystery because devs like to make secret stuff :smiley:
And i like mystery ffa so i dont care about that much.

the only mystery I like is mystery 1v1

every other one can burn

You know what else Bizz could just do? Add more modes to Arcade. They only make that one big one take up so much space so no one thinks the fact that there are only 5 modes in Arcade, there could easily be 6-8

Or use the same layout and slash 1 spot in half for things like

FFA/TDM
X mode / Competitive version of it
Mode / X map of the same mode

You gain 2 spots in the current same square icon on the UI. And it offers more while not taking more space

I’ve been annoyed by the arcade rotations for a while…
A few months back, my friends and i loved playing team deathmatch, but we could only play it some lucky weeks, where it was available.

But deathmatch itself is so unique and fun. It’s its own gamemode. It was bad enough when they added random maps to deathmatch, but this is even more unacceptable. The gimmicky modes with fun/random tweaks should be something on the side, you could choose for fun. They SHOULD NOT replace original gamemodes people play every day. I am quite saddened by this, since i only really play deathmatch these days…

The majority of people want to play normal FFA with matchmaking. The minority, who want to play with random heroes should do it in custom games.

Also: Why even have the modes be limited??
It would seem the devs did this to keep the modes fresh (the “There’s a different way to play every week kind of deal”), but it just ends up turning players away from the game, until the mode they actually WANT to play comes back.

1 Like

Because the game is so empty that every mode will be on 1/2 bars now.

2 Likes

small indie company on a fixed budget. they give 0 fudges about community opinions

I hate MH, and I hate that it’s there everyday, but I can understand (sort of) why it’s there everyday.

But Total Mayhem ?
It has been proven by a poll made by Jeff himself that it is the 2nd most popular arcade mode :

And where is it ? It’s a “daily” gamemode, you’ll see it once every 10 days if you’re lucky. Oh, you missed it because you had a busy day ? Well too bad for you, but you can still play Mystery Heroes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

of course if the most popular… is the only mode that never changes and is the more acceptable of the options they gave us. Is fine. is the only thing i play except when total mayhem or no limits is available

Low gravity… AGAIN.
I need my total mayhem

5 Likes

Main problem of MH mode is that there is actualy no limits. If they simply dissalowed duplicate heroes in random rotation it would be way more fun mode to play.

Triple bastion pack on defence with heals - easy win for defending side unless you have over 200 IQ and/or great team coordination. Otherwise, if defending side is at least not dumb - they will ruin you, your game, your life and everything that makes you happy in this world.

Yup, that is the exact situation I am in. I have been done with vanilla Overwatch for a while now and when I play it is always an Arcade mode. Out of all of those I only truly enjoy TM so when I am busy adulting that ends up being the only game mode that I really play. So whenever Overwatch doesn’t allow me to play TM I just find myself not playing Overwatch.

2 Likes

you’re complaining about the wrong thing. It’s not a matter of why is random hero mode a constant.

The bigger issue is, why do modes have to replace one another? Is it that difficult to add 4 extra tabs to arcade so people could have a bigger variety of game choices? Will the game explode if you get to choose between mystery heroes and no limits? So it should only give you one of them at a time?

mystery heros flopped and they want players to have fun playing mh by shoving it down our throats

1 Like

Why is everything in Arcade “mystery”? I think Overwatch has gone all Shaggy meme, to be honest.

It would make the queue times for all modes longer, and people can create custom games to any game mode that is not currently on arcade.