Why is Brigitte being touched?

Please explain to me how any element of Armor pack is difficult to play against, aside from Hanzo not being able to 1-shot overhealed targets.

I fail to understand the necessity of consistently nerfing healing output.

The reduction of overheal on armor packs is not a healthy change for the game, but if blizzard insists on reducing the armor bonus from repair pack(which imo is a very foolhardy change), then look into having overheal be based on the targeted hero’s maximum HP, or shift the overheal into rally where it belongs!!

(Yes, this is suggesting Rally max armor cap be reset to 150, or at least 125.)

Seriously, reading the repair pack changes looks like someone from the balance team read the one or two threads where some poor sap was like “uhh…Brigitte wasn’t nerfed enough yet…uhhhh…hmmm…armor pack is broken! Muh tracer!”

And was like, ”SEEMS LEGIT. NERF TIME!”

Edit: if the goal here is to force a Lucio-Ana meta, then we’re well on our way to it, and then the forums will be filled with whiny support players who can’t play the role anymore.

Edit2: You know what? Give me 5 second bash and I’ll delete this thread and shut my mouth. Seems like a fair trade.

and maybe have it do 25 damage instead of that paltry 5…

3 Likes

Because every week a support gets witch hunted

I hope it doesn’t make it to live tho

8 Likes

her armor nerf is ok, but the healing nerf is overkill on a off healer

Supports don’t get given the same treatment as DPS. McCree got his reverts, it’s not likely they’ll be as kind to Brigitte.

6 Likes

Because support.

And the devs love samito.

1 Like

What, was he the one who asked for this nerf or something?

Armor packs are pretty hard to play against as Tracer and Reaper, not going to lie. Other than that, I more or less agree. I just think armor is kind of flawed. It should counter burst damage better whereas healing already counters sustained damage.

2 Likes

Oh haven’t you seen his tweet saying that Ana should feel superior to Brig and Moira and praising this patch?

Is there another patch coming?

Yes:

Year of the rat event ends in less than 2 hours so bliz is tryna keep us occupied.

No, but imo this is stupid logic. Ana is already superior to many supports not only because of her hp/s, but because plus nade amplifies all healing! This is balanced by the fact that Ana is basically the easiest support to kill! No mobility tools, no escape tools, very little self-preservation, and a semi-reliable disengagement tool means that Ana is vulnerable to almost all the shenanigans players can think of unless she’s being actively protected and healed by another Support hero.

If all Support heroes are going to be balanced relative to Ana, then the Support role is doomed to face some very dark times.

Very dark, and frustrating, times…

I do not think that Ana should be the only A-tier or S-tier support while skipping multiple tiers to find other support heroes (excepting Lucio) at C-tier and below. This scenario would make the support role feel much less accessible.

1 Like

I’ve been calling her a sleeper for a while. She does an incredible amount of healing in a hyper aggressive team. I don’t think these nerfs change that very much.

Rein-Dva/Zarya-Reaper-Mei-Brig-Moira/Lucio is still going to be nuts.

Imo all these changes do is make double snipers and Tracer even more viable.

Go tell the sock puppets that. They believe these things since forever.

If they run double snipers then the above comp won’t work.

I don’t think double sniper will do much except on maps like Junkertown or Numbani with a lot of range. Especially with the Widow slight nerf.

Yeah, I think it has to do with rapid-fire or shotgun heroes.

1 Like

Because one shotting will be weaker with weaker heals.

And I’m the queen of hamsters.