Why is Blizzard removing the rare endangered hamster crab?

WHY?!
Why does Blizzard hate fun so much? There wasn’t any advantage that I’m aware of to this bug and people enjoyed it so why use development time to make the game objectively worse?

Valve decided after community uproar that the spycrab would remain in, but I’m worried there’s not enough of us :hamster: to stop this genocide. What can we do? Maybe we can get PETA to throw paint on Jeff?

8 Likes

they probably want to keep their game “clean” u know. but i agree with u, althouth i don’t play hammond.

2 Likes

Should’ve left it in, maybe even make a meme out of it like tf2 did with spycrab.

1 Like

You can accidentally do it in the midst of a team fight

I don’t understand this either, there’s lots of bugs that should actually get removed but don’t, and then there’s the hamster powerstance, which has no effects on anyone’s gameplay, yet that’s the thing they decide to fix.

In my 160+ hours playing Hammond I’ve never accidentally done it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just like how Germans wanted to “clean” things up in the 40s.

I have over 400 hours on Hammy at this point and have never once done this accidentally.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that’s the cause, but it’s something that can happen. You get a melee kill and try to grapple away and get the bug (especially when a lot of people go ball form before grappling) which makes you lose the game.

1 Like

I don’t think I ever go ball form in the same instance that I grapple though. You automatically go into ball form when your grapple attaches. I suppose it’s possible to do it unintentionally, but it seems like it has to be insanely rare.

2 Likes

Man this was one game breaking bug. I’m really happy they devoted resources to this and not something like rein shatterinf people clearly behind objects or in the air. Yep this will fix the game.

2 Likes

I dunno. That’s the only possible explanation outside of being a perfectionist or something

please no, i didn’t mean that, stop it.

1 Like

wish they left it in same for Clown Junkrat’s dead glitch pose, it makes the skins more special and funny to use.

Least get one Hammond skin keep the bug man!

I think it’s the slight possibility to do it on accident, can cost a match.
Though, never understood them removing the Numbani “big spray”

1 Like

I mean the possibility is very slight, and it’s not like it’s a guaranteed defeat in the 0,001% chance you happen to do it. You can just immediately come out of it and start rolling, or do a piledriver out of it or something.

I mean that could be their reasoning for it’s removal but I’ve literally never seen it happen, and it’s just something people have fun doing when they can so I don’t think that tiny chance it could happen by accident is a good enough reason to remove it.

1 Like

I read somewhere it’s because he can’t reach maximum speed while like that. So… There’s your reason?

Yeah he can’t, but that’s not even a problem, like people only use it to mess around in spawn before a match begins.

1 Like

They removed this bug before the hammond bug that lets you do massive damage with a single roll, they have some really weird priorities

4 Likes

#StopTheWildHamsterCrabAbuse

2 Likes

Yeah I have no clue.
Several heroes have gamebreaking glitches, but they remove the harmless funny tech?
Priorities, I guess.

2 Likes