Why is Ana so difficult but yet not rewarded for doing her job?

It’s true. If Mercy does her job, she has her ult for her reward, giving constant healing, more mobility and increasing her overall effectiveness.
Moira has her orb, that helps her team and helping herself, so helping your team with orb gets you some healing too. She also has her ult that provides, good damage, insane heals, which ALSO gives her bonus movement speed and insane constant healing as well.
Zenyatta has his great two dink for players with good aim against any dps who dares to take the challenge. Doing so ALSO provides and got that keeps everyone alive.
Lucio gets sound barrier for doing his job, keeping everyone safe in his proximity. He also has insane mobility to escape and dodge with his insane dueling power.
Brigitte is… Lets skip her cause we all know.
To be honest, Brigitte is an immobile her done (sorta) right. She is a hard target to take down and her ult makes it even harder while helping her own team, compared to Ana, it is so easy to juke Ana’s sleepdart. It’s her only defense, yet it takes so much practice to get right. Ana’s ult is probably the worst out of all the supports. Its easily stopped and kinda takes too long to get.
Trust me, I’m not being bias. I play almost every support, but Ana needs help. Too much risk, not enough reward.

4 Likes

I have to say that I disagree with the claim that she is not rewarded for the extra skill.
Yesterday I had a game on Blizzard World.
defending last point.

Slept the enemy D.VA just in time to open 2/3’s of the enemy team for a Grav.
Naded everyone in the Grav to keep their Zen from healing them so they all died when the team focused them.
Then took a shot at the Widow on one of the upper catwalks and killed her in 1 shot (she was already low).
All this in the span of about 5-10 seconds.

You better believe I felt rewarded with that one.

5 Likes

But did you get potg for it? Cuz thats more rewarding!

1 Like

While I did not get the Potg for THAT - I’m happy to report that I got my first and only Ana Potg on friday.
I had to rub my eyes in disbelief, but it actually happened.
And it wasn’t anywhere near as cool as what I did in the above post.

So the Potg algorithm is busted.

Poorly balanced game since day 1

She has a lot of faults and her only qualities are nano, burst healing, and anti heals. That does not make up for her lack of mobility, unreliable/inconsistent healing, difficulty, unreliable escape, and stress inducing multitasking.

I’ve said that so many times as well. She doesn’t get enough value for her reward or its high risk low reward.

Sleep dart? Healling boost? Infinit range? Preety good damage?

And don’t you say that nano or anti heals are bad. They are good if you use them propperly.

Her heal doesn’t feel like anything special but with good aim and target prioritysation can be so clutch.

Because Mercy is a problem.

135 HP/s is still the highest healing in the game on a single target without using an ultimate.
She can also keep a single enemy stunned for 50% of the entire match. Even brigitte’s stun up time is only 16% and the 7 seconds nerf will make it even lower.

Right now the only thing weak about Ana is her ultimate.

If an ana slept someone for half the match (~3-minutes) I wouldn’t know whether or not to be impressed for the Ana or sorry for the one who won’t learn not to mess with her. Unless it’s old total mayhem with no cd sleep dart (no honest Ana main should have taken advantage of that)

Ana needs a rework to her sleepdart. Maybe a faster animation or a bigger hitbox.

I think its hitbox is fine. Its size matches its projectile speed like similar projectiles.

The answer is simple:

This game is not that well balanced but it isn’t terrible either.
The thing is different mechanics work best for different people
plus the map consideration,
not every hero works with the same efficiency on every map.

You have to pick the hero you are the most comfortable with
and you think can get the job done the best on this particular map.

There are of course other factors that add into it like
your teams comp, the team comp of the enemy and
the skill difference and performance of both teams.

Long story short:
Ana can on some maps be the best and most efficient
and rewarding hero but on others the totally wrong pick
it all the depends on all the factors mentioned above.