Why is abusive chat a report option?

Right… But I have never had a day like that. I keep it to myself and expect the same. You can go scream in a pillow or something for all I care. Just leave me out of it unless you want a dank report.

No, you’re being dense and not even taking your own advice.

You’re just arguing that you’re not the problem when you’re part of the problem.

3 Likes

The system is literally broken though. Blizzard had more than one embarrassing moment because of the automated nature of the system.

1 Like

I’ve found that people who don’t like the abusive chat option often don’t like so because they are abusive in chat.

It doesn’t matter.
They still broke a rule.

If someone was harassing you I hope you muster up the strength to ignore them and move on without being one bit of annoyed because trust me, it’s hard not to prove someone wrong especially when they have nothing to say but sit there in silence

Blizzard started giving out bans because people don’t learn from silences.

Other people breaking the rules doesn’t excuse you from the breaking the rules.

We’ve also made some changes to how we penalize repeat offenders for abusive chat. Repeat offenders used to be penalized with a silence, restricted from communicating with other players in the game, with each subsequent infraction incurring a longer silence duration. We’ve changed this so repeat offenders can now be suspended, and therefore unable to play Overwatch, for longer and longer durations. If someone continues to use abusive chat even after being warned, silenced, and suspended enough times, they’ve proven they do not want to be a positive member of the Overwatch community and will be permanently banned from playing Overwatch.

1 Like

No, sorry, I don’t buy that.

You were doing / saying something, which by your own words could be classified as abusive towards other players in some kind of “petty revenge” and refuse to acknowledge your own actions / do some mental gymnastics to convince yourself that you’re the victim of “the system”.

1 Like

You can be annoyed
You dont need to be TOXIC BACK
Learn that much from this

You just become as bad as a guy who harras you

1 Like

That’s not the case. I’ll go off and have my fun once and a while to just berate a person, who is really getting on my nerves unchecked, in chat. You win there.

Where you’re losing is thinking there should be no consequence for it because you didn’t initiate it.

If I go the route of belittling a rude player by telling them, “You know… This is the last time your mom and I are letting you skip nap time.” Then yeah. I’m having my fun, I’m venting, but I also very well know I can get reported for it.

If I keep doing it, I can’t be surprised if I eventually get in trouble for it.

You’re missing that piece of logic.

4 Likes

Abuse chat is a report option becuz toxicity is not healthy for a game. Someone being toxic and harassing others should and MUST BE punished heavily on their actions. Just becuz someone else messed something up or picked a hero you dont like DOESNT mean you have any permission to insult and be toxic to them. Sym and Widow mains have always been trash talked and being harassed ever since day 1 for picking a hero they like. Even if they are doing good, people will still false report them and get them banned. You call thats OK ? The same thing happened with Mercy mains after her rework, people keep calling Mercy mains boosted garbage becuz they played a broken hero, YET MERCY MAINS DONT EVEN ENJOY PLAYING MERCY 2.0 AND HATED HER TO THE CORE. Toxicity are NOT AND WILL NEVER be tolerated in ANY TYPE OF GAME. If you are toxic, we DONT want, no, we DONT NEED you in Overwatch.

1 Like

Me dealing with my personal “attackers” doesn’t concern anyone else but me and the person who decided to come at me, spawn killing and targeting someone in game is not reportable

Those are not.

But you aren’t just doing that. You are typing toxic things in chat. That is reportable.

2 Likes

No, you disturbing entire game with your toxic behavior, because everyone see that.

And you right, spawn killing is not reportable, if you just keep it as a game not as text war

2 Likes

Except the fact that everyone else has to see it too.

4 Likes

But it does. Those snitches make it their business. Like it or not, a lot of people are conniving little cockaroaches and it is really in your best interest to be more intelligent about how you direct toxicity at the problem.

More than that… Everyone else in the game has to deal with it knowing there are at least 2 unfocused players in the game now… So winning that match is partially thrown out the window.

In other words: you fecal constructed attitude is ruining the game.

2 Likes

You didn’t read ANYTHING, pffff how annoying. I’m a widow main myself so I totally get this, I have my ups and downs and I do get insulted by a lot of people. At the end of the game I leave and que up again but if you insult me one game and end up getting destroyed by me in the next don’t expect me to not laugh, I don’t harass people, I keep the taunting to the one game the one game only, taunting people is not banable lmao grow up you talked trash and ate your own words take the beating and leave don’t be a baby and report cuz you got what you deserved

1 Like

right… harmless taunting… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you chose to play like crap cuz two people are settling a problem in chat then that’s your fault, squelch or mute match or team chat it doesn’t concern you and it’s up to you if you want to be part of it or now

I think you may have misinterpreted something. If this sort of behavior is consistent then they’re gonna get silenced for increasing periods of time. I don’t have any issues with this.

Doesn’t matter what the reasoning, they shouldn’t be taking it out on others… They need to learn some self control and there is a pretty mild punishment on offer if they don’t.

From personal experience the threshold for getting banned is pretty damn high. I’ve talked a bunch of trash (focused on the hero rather than those playin it or smurfs ruining games) and judging from the responses I’ve got, someone’s definitely been upset but I’ve never been banned/silenced or even warned.

Yeh it happens. There’s lots of reasons why people lash out, not necessarily cos they like to abuse people or whatever. However, just because you’re on the internet doesn’t mean that you can start saying things without any repercussions… If this is a one off for this guy, then they won’t be banned. If it’s a consistent problem, they’ll get a warning. Beyond that they’ll be forced to consider the impact lashing out at others has, if only for themselves. Being silenced after an extensive number of reports/warnings is probably the tamest punishment available and focuses on the problem that they have and still lets them play the game.

1 Like