Why is 2-2-2 considered the right way to play?

Except, it is. Me playing Rein, solo tank, in a QP game, with 5 DPS team mates, is a trash experience. I love playing Rein, but when unsupported, when no one is using my shield, when I have to go to health packs for any kind of healing, I don’t even really consider that playing Rein. I can’t do any of the Rein stuff I consider to qualify as “playing Rein.”

For me to feel like I am “playing Rein” and “enjoying” it, I need a team that is supporting me. I need a team that is taking advantage of my shield, of my space making plays, of my positioning. Without that, why the hell am I playing Rein?

This is a team game. You seem to be looking at this VERY selfishly not gonna lie. From this narrowed view of “I LOVE MY WAIFU DVA SO I PLAY DVA ALL THE TIME.” That’s cool for you, but that only applies to you.

I cannot play Rein how I want without a team that can support me. Just facts.

1 Like

Can you find me a link to where this was said for confirmation?

I don’t miss those days. I also don’t miss the 4 winston, 1 mercy, 1 lucio days.

Sssshhhh don’t disrupt their fantasy world where unorthodox comps don’t win. That would be like…Overwatch or something. This is Tryhardwatch now.

1 Like

Your original complaint was that you were being CC’d by the enemy team to the point you couldn’t play the game.
2nd. You are playing QP a non-serious mode made to allow people to play the game as they want, the experience you seem to be looking for is a comp, a serious environment where people play to win and not for fun (most of us at least)
3rd. If you want a serious sweaty QP experience for some reason, you could always use the in-game LFG system to find like minded individuals to enjoy QP with.

its QP everyone is playing for their OWN amusement you cannot expect the other 5 members of your team to get off what they like, for your amusement if you’re not enjoying playing Rein, just get off him you have or had that freedom no one forced you to play him, no one asked you to play him, no one needs you to play him.

Once a again QP is for personal enjoyment, and I’m not a D.va player either Lol, I don’t play QP so the 20 minutes I have on her in that mode make her appear as my top played hero, Symmetra, Sombra, Moira, Brig and Zarya are my mains check your facts first.

then use your resources to find a team that supports you.

If you play Rein a lot I would expect you to know that sometimes, by simply playing Rein and being an imposing figure on the battlefield and soaking up damage you give your DPS the opportunity to flank. Your shield is going to go down extremely fast if your entire team is behind you. If your team is crowding around you like scared ducks you’re going to get focused, shield down and ultimated out of existence. It’ actually quite better sometimes for Rein to be solo with one healer at his back while DPS attack from different angles.

Once again you pro 2-2-2’s are just showing you want to impose YOUR playstyle on everyone else. From what I’ve seen most people who are pushing the 2-2-2 just want everyone else to fall in line with their style.

2 Likes

And Blizz is always right, mobile Diablo proved that.

1 Like

We come back to you having a narrowed view. That was just one example. Not only did I complain about that, I complained about having to go to health packs to heal. You are missing the point entirely.

Again, you are fixated on just one small example I offered to illustrate a point, missing the point entirely.

Mhmm…

I don’t even know wtf you’re arguing at this point tbh. You seem to be just straight up contrarian.

Thank you for providing! Also just from scrolling through this post alone I can find many players who enjoy solo tanking and solo healing and many more if I were to search the entire forum way more than I’m sure blizzard has in their offices (since they don’t even have enough people to make more than 7 skins at a time) Once again I am going to stress the importance of LFG, if you hated solo queueing and hated random people’s random hero checks you could always find 5 other players in a LFG and pick who you do and don’t want, don’t like their main, kick em, have to main tanks, kick em, no mic, kick em. It gives you the power to control your experience in comp and remove the randomness of solo queue.

1 Like

Where did I say anything about imposing my playstyle on other people? The devs made the decision to go to 2-2-2. Not me.

I appreciate many positives that come with 2-2-2. Whereas, for some reason, you’re refusing to see any positive of 2-2-2 cuz you want to swap roles multiple times throughout a game?

Tbh, I’ve had lots of people swap roles through games, I am one of them, it’s moree due to the fact we have people playing roles at an SR they aren’t experienced in than it is with anything else.

I don’t see why 2-2-2 is ruining your experience. If you’re swapping roles frequently throughout a game, something is wrong imo.

This mentality is everything wrong with Overwatch. The balancing drama, comp drama, role drama, Dive, GOATS, reworks, support nerfs, tank nerfs, anything involving Mercy…

All because of the whims, biases, narrow mindedness, and elitism of DPS Players refusing to acknowledge this isn’t Call of freaking Duty.

2 Likes

And I’m sure I could do the same for the opposite side. In the end, Blizzard cannot serve two masters. Locking 2-2-2 helps with balance, better matchmaking, makes OWL careers more stable and fits with the devs vision for the game.

LFG is all but pointless. Empty for the most part, and on the rare ocassion a lonely soul shows up, they are from 250ms apart.

If you don’t like, I’m sure QP Classic will be a hoot.

In this case, they are.

My problem is the reduction of freedom that this game was initially built upon. The fact that they created tanks and healers that can also do damage so that we could have tons of different comps. Now that’ being nuked, a significant gameplay mechanic that was totally unique to Overwatch, NUKED for no real reason other than some people thought it was hard to solo tank or solo heal. (but we all know it’s also to kill GOATS in OWL).

IT’S LESS… Like having rights taken away… You don’t just get them back magically if things go wrong, they’re gone forever. You end up with LESS. LESS is bad, I want MORE.

Edit: I’d also like to note that which map you’re playing has a VERY significant impact on which role you’d like to play. Now THAT is also going away. We’re literally having stuff taken away from us and people are cheering.

4 Likes

I’m arguing that imposing your preferred play style on people is not going to:
Get you more wins.
Guarantee your teammates are even playing heroes they know.
Remove random people playing random heroes.
Allow you to climb.
If you want a serious hardcore experience, play comp.
If you want a chill casual play what you want environment, play QP
If you want QP to be played seriously, use LFG to find serious teammates.
Theres alternate choices to forcing everything to be your way.

I responded to your ORIGINAL statement where you said:

This does not indicate a lack of heals, this does not indicate having to run to get health packs, this does not indicate having bad teammates. All it indicates is being CC’d which is all because of you choosing a slow hero and the enemy choosing CC heavy heroes. I said that that isn’t your teams fault, but to that you responded

You responded to my statement about your ORIGINAL statement with new evidence which puts your team at fault and still it doesn’t. If you want to heal yourself and be in the fight longer go Brig, if need to get in and out of the fight fast escaping to grab health packs? play D.va, Hammond or Winston. The only thing that is your teams fault is their inability to kill the enemy.

1 Like

That is also a reason 2-2-2 is a good thing. So that they can continue to create tanks and healers of various types. Outside of 2-2-2, they add another Rein like shield tank, and suddenly we might just be stacking shield tanks and healers, like goats was. Add another AOE healer, same thing. With 2-2-2, those heroes can be added without the threat of it rendering an entire other role completely irrelevant.

It’s better for the future of the game as more and more heroes are being added. It also gives a definitive foundation within which to reference heroes, their balance, and new hero additions through. As opposed to the threat of 6 stacking a bunch of Tank/Support hybrids and rolling from point to point.

Your individual freedom to swap from one role or another mid game is a worthwhile sacrifice imo.

1 Like

I only play Mercy but even with just that I can see why two healers are a good idea.

The enemy damage pretty much overwhelms my healing unless my team is significantly more skilled. A second healer can work with me, and we can usually heal enough.

I don’t understand damage too well, and I have a hard time telling if damage is good or bad. But, with a tank, as a healer I am generally with the tank and a second big powerful bulwark helps us soak more damage and survive.

I am just a Bronzie, though, so not exactly an authority on the matte.r

Have you actually TRIED using it, apart from the mmm, week after it was released? you’d be surprised at the results. It’s not dead and if people actually looked for real solutions to their problems instead of running to the devs for every inconvenience then LFG wouldn’t seem “dead”

Tried literally dozens and dozens of times.

I’m from SA servers. I hear horror stories from EU as well.

1 Like