Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

I didn’t say that it’s regular, since not switching still remains common. But, if players are caring about winning, they tend to pick more tanks, rather than more DPS. Sometimes even more healers, which used to be very rare event.

1 Like

Anything can run over Mercy in a comp, that isn’t a surprise.

However, I am getting run over by tankier comps more frequently.

GOATS as intended may not be common, by tankier comps for sure are.
And there are more requests for GOATS from team mates than I have ever had during any other meta in the games history.

Goats is easy.
Goats is achievable for lower level players.
Which is why it has been more common at lower levels than other metas.

But overall, tankier comps are run because people don’t want to die.

1 Like

You keep saying that, and yet so very many people tell you otherwise. That’s adorable, have a biscuit.

1 Like

You can heal one dead…but team has four more, who would need same. Almost like something particular is missing. And we all know, what it is :female_detective:

3 Likes

Mercy is trash because she was OP for so long. Deal with it. That’s how Blizz wants it.

Ana was in the same situation not long ago so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t mind if Mercy is trash in the meta as long as she’s fun. :smiley:

3 Likes

They are unable to have a logical discussion because they’re so focused on being “factual” and it’s a big obstacle for this conversation. There’s nothing wrong with trying to stick to facts, but a flowing discussion is not black and white. Context and general talk is missed with them, as it seems, due to their tunnel vision.

3 Likes

Pro-Mercy, to them, is someone who wants no changes for Mercy. Anti-Mercy, to them, is someone that wants changes for Mercy. I am considered anti-Mercy because I would enjoy seeing some tweaks and shifts in Mercy. They are also considered anti-Mercy, by their own definition of the term, because despite claiming they want no changes, they proposed one (in an attempt to make “anti-Mercy” a little happier and to keep “pro-Mercy” happy).

1 Like

Does anyone have the reply Animetic made on this post: If you think Mercy isn't fun or impactful anymore
It was a very impactful, in my mind, response to “Animetic likes current Mercy.” Unfortunately, the reply seems to be gone (I may be overlooking it). I wish I had taken a screenshot.

I don’t feel like mass rez would be shoehorned. I think valk currently is shoehorned in from a design point. They’ve done everything In their power to keep it rather than revert it. It should have stayed in ptr and never made it to live let alone comp

4 Likes

This I disagree with. Valk doesn’t empower mercy, it empowers her staff.
To empower mercy she still needa a majority of her autonomy. Valk takes a lot of that away. If valk was more of a “super mercy” and not an “omnipotent mercy” I’d be fine. That being her 100% speed boost but restrict it to GA, 130 hps but single target , 35% dmg boost, and pistol had a lower clip but much higher dps or something.
Because this is mercy still using her kit to the best of her choice and ability. That’s how you empower her. You give her tools to be potentially good. Not inherently good.

4 Likes

I do not find Mercy’s current state to be trash, personally

Saying that, with again, no supporting factors, does not improve anything it just says an opinion. Not a fact.

Factually, this is true.

2 Likes

I did not propose the change, as I had read several others speak of it.

I do not advocate the change, and do not want such a change, but would not object to it as I believe her playstyle would be maintained as is, which is ultimately what a pro-Mercy person wants

All of this is clearly explained within the thread itself

Given that there is no separation of the two in the context of this game, I do not agree with your assessment here

The statement was made as an opinion using terminology that clearly marks it as such

According to Overbuff, Mercy has a pretty low pickrate now in GM, and she has a decent winrate, probably because she is picked by good Mercy players and in good situations

Also, I think we should not monopolize the whole thread around one’s POV on a couple of words, it’s not adding anything to the discussion, but hey that’s my opinion

The staff is not a mercy player. Chain beams eliminate her autonomy and her improvements of free flight and ammo eliminate her skill .
To eliminate her need for autonomy is to disempower her.
If you have a track race and give one kid a mini Tesla that drives automatically, you didn’t empower the kid. Their win isn’t through their effort. It’s because the Tesla is strong. You didn’t empower the kid. Telsa car is just good.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree, as the two are not separated in the context of the game…Mercy cannot hand the staff off to a companion and have them heal, for example, nor can an enemy pick up the staff from a Mercy they just killed to heal his or her teammates

In the context of the game, they are one in the same

I respectfully disagree, as Mercy is not even required to use the healing or boosting functions of her staff during Valkyrie.

I respectfully disagree, as a skillful Mercy player generally is able to use the speed and manueverability of Valkyrie for superior evasiveness, and skill is still required to aim the pistol while using the positioning advantages of Valkyrie

In my opinion, a good Mercy player does not run on autopilot during Valkyrie.