Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

:thinking: the responses were mainly “we feel she is fine at this time and we don’t feel she needs changes”

but I mean like they did this with sym too but she ended up not long after being confirmed to be getting a rework :thinking: so I mean like is it any wonder why people are doubtful of them saying this and then being upset that they give no real further answers to questions but only reply yet again with that same statement?

Give real responses and listen the feed and they’d see that the community would respond much better to them actually actively discussing with us.

(which jeff was actually doing in a pharah buff thread not long ago where he left 3 responses which I gotta praise him for but I do gotta ask for more.)

people responded positively there and would do so if they did the same for mercy (and other hero’s)

Also the have a video in the works aswell that’s coming in a week.

so that should be interesting.

or so I hope.

7 Likes

I’d honestly be surprised if the dev update featured anything on Mercy besides “we’re still looking at her”. They’ll keep it vague if anything, and probably won’t satisfy anyone but the people who say she’s fine.

Tbh what surprised me most about this nerf is the response of (some) non-Mercy players. The fact that even That One Pro has said he wants old mercy back now is… honestly a bit shocking, considering how much he seemed to hate her prior. I hold out hope that the community will make a turn around someday…

3 Likes

You can’t nerf only enemy Mercy, while keeping friendly Mercy strong. Yet it takes long time for some people to realize that.

9 Likes

I just say that Valkyrie is rubbish. It must be Resurrect, as it was. But it must res maximum 3 teammates, witch in line of sight. While she cast res she invulnerable against simple attacks, but, control abilities still can stop her (hack, flashbang). As E should be an ability that make defend ally. For example -30%. 10 sec cooldown. Or pacify abilitie, which mentioned above.

Resurrect was far from worthless in season 3. That said, Mercy was a troll-pick. The purpose of the AoE burst heal on Resurrect and the introduction of Pacify is to pull up some of that slack.

I strongly disagree.

8 Likes

Oh I meant that it was basically ignored by the people who (like now) were complaining about her state because it wasn’t what they wanted to hear (I don’t think I’d call it fanning the flames at all)…if you’re Jeff why would you bother doin that again

Not to mention you’re dealing with people that are completely unreasonable at this point…that aria post late last night took the cake…honestly there is zero point in addressing people like that

His last response was pretty off-topic.

Mercy players are upset over how Mercy feels to play. Saying “oh her pick/winrates are fine” is ignoring all the feedback that has been given.

8 Likes

You don’t really need to ignore something that isn’t even addressing your position…

“Mercy isn’t fun to play. Please change her so she is fun to play again.”

“We feel that Mercy is balanced right now.”

Proceeds to nerf Mercy

15 Likes

It’s like telling the roof fixing company that your roof is leaking, and they tell you that the tiles are fire-resistant.

7 Likes

More like this:

“Why is my roof leaking?”
“Because it’s raining.”

3 Likes

That’s not being off topic…that’s just not being the answer you want to hear…and at this point I wonder why people in the mercy camp can’t wrap their heads around the idea that perhaps the devs just don’t agree…be that as it may I really doubt that the notion that all they have to do is give a response is goin to do anything…there is a really high chance that theyre not going to like the answer…and the response to that is not going to be “well…ok guys…I guess it’s over…they don’t agree”…again if you’re in the devs shoes why bother making a statement

If developers refuse to understand, that players are not computers, and concept of “fun” exists, then we keep our right to refuse to accept their view on game as nothing but a bunch of numbers, representing pickrates/winrates.

Overwatch isn’t just table in Excel on computer of some manager in Blizzard. So far their answer was “numbers are right, so we should do nothing”.

numbers deviate from their balanced values
sound of the alarm
Announcer: “Attention, Overwatch team, disturbance of balance detected.”
Begin balancing procedures immidiately. Code 31."

9 Likes

They have not answered us.

We tell them that Mercy isn’t fun. We tell them that her skill ceiling has been lowered too much. We tell them that Mercy doesn’t feel like an actual hero anymore.

They have not responded to ANY of these concerns.

Telling us that mercy’s pick/winrate is fine isn’t addressing our concerns. Telling us she’s balanced isn’t addressing our concerns. Those aren’t what we’re complaining about.

12 Likes

Because we want to hear something that is on-topic.

Please explain how the developers have actually addressed our concerns.

Because maybe they have never actually come out to take a position opposite to our position?

“Blue is the best color.”

“No, 3 is the best number.”

That last part was an argument, but was it really relevant to the argument presented by the first assertion?

Although, I would be delighted if they came out and directly addressed our arguments by taking the opposite position. That would just give me more ammunition to fire back at them.

That’s probably what they are afraid of. They know that if they open their mouth on the topic and say anything relevant to the complaints, they’re just going to end up vomiting a bunch of BS. They know they can’t reinforce their position, so they don’t even try.

8 Likes

And my response to that will always be the same…fun/unfun is subjective and we will have that debate for the lifespan of the game itself…there are literally 40 million (or w/e the number is) different opinions on what that is and they will never satisfy everyone…but that also means they (devs) have an opinion of what is fun as well as they also play the game…

They simply cannot fix that argument…it will not change anything

The people who used to have fun with Mercy, don’t anymore. Mercy’s playerbase isn’t happy with Mercy.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Where was all this “fun/unfun is subjective” when Mercy got reworked because she was unfun to play against?

8 Likes

And was clearly enough of a reason to get Mercy reworked in the first place, was it not?

Furthermore:

8 Likes

You want a verbal response yet you give yet another reason why they wouldn’t…and one that would just lead to possibly worse situation…again (if you’re them) why bother

And body language says volumes as well…you have a years worth of blizzard body language on the subject…if they won’t talk then listen to that…how many patches now? How many changes to her? Does any of it sound like they agree with anything being suggested here

And was clearly enough of a reason to get Mercy reworked in the first place, was it not?

Like I said they have an opinion as well…if they agree with something then yes…But it also proves my point…was everyone happy before ? No…did it make everyone happy? No…

1 Like

Cool story bro.

Mercy isn’t fun.

We want a straight answer from the devs about this. And we want Mercy to be fun again. It’s not rocket science.

9 Likes

Not saying you’re wrong bud…saying they disagree…there is no consensus on what is “fun”…not even in this 1 thread let alone however many ideas there are in those megathreads…how do you fix something when the people that are mad don’t even agree on what they’re mad about

2 Likes