Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Grav + Dragon kills on any platform just saying. You need a very good sup ult to counter that. Like Zens or maybe Moira but only if the 2nd sup helps in a way. Then again Rip-Tire just kills however good your heals are. Lucio could potentially do something there with his ultimate.
Otherwise yes you would need mass-rez to counter it. But hey at least you can fly back to spawn with valk! Isnt that something?!

8 Likes

Just found this on another post.

#ReworkMercy

14 Likes

#MercyIsBalanced

#DevsAlreadySaidThey’reNotTouchingMerchie

Ya know, if it was just me saying it, or many other people saying that Mercy needs a Rework that is one thing. But to have one of the MAIN channels saying it as well…
And it is MERCY, not:

3 Likes

Moving behind a building is not particularly difficult nor engaging for that matter. You’re still just holding down a button, just in a different place on the map instead. Besides, doesn’t that qualify as hiding, i.e. the thing the devs wanted removed?

11 Likes

Got it from here:

All props for original post goes to Floralwaters.

1 Like

This is a really well worded post about our concerns!

3 Likes

That brings here same question: if mass resurrect was that good, why it wasn’t very common, until two other healers were hit with nerfs? Are pro players were not actually “pro” and couldn’t use it properly?

More importantly, DPS ults are always one step ahead: you can switch to Junkrat, prepare Rip-Tire and use one, before enemy Zenyatta can switch to Lucio and charge up his ult(assuming that that player knows of you changing heroes).

7 Likes

Facts about what, exactly?

We use numbers, which don’t depend from opinions. And those cruel numbers say, that Valkyrie can’t keep teammate alive against focused fire from most heroes, let alone ults, because it’s healing isn’t high enough for it.

2 Likes

Their response has to do with the devs not knowing about the Doomfist bug threads. I really don’t know how facts have to do with anything I was discussing there.

Even if the devs did know about those threads, it took them a while to fix DF, which isn’t very different from player’s point of view.

The problem is that a certain dev wanted detailed information about the bugs, not complaints, which is what he said the people in the thread he responded in were doing (complaining). The detailed information was there and they didn’t even know about it. Sad.

But yes, they take way too long to fix bugs.

3 Likes

I love Transcendence. You can really make the enemy cry.

2 Likes

But it looks boring: you just stand in the middle of the team, with magical glow, and teammates survive high amounts of damage, even if they can’t dodge grenade or rocket. But it’s working, unlike Valkyrie, so it’s fine.

I guess that is a matter of opinion then because I enjoy clutch heals and countering enemy ults. It has the noticeable impact that Valkyrie clearly lacks, which is what I think you and I agree on.

7 Likes

I enjoyed “Clutch Rezes” after running back from Spawn (for the upteenth time because of flankers) and the enemy team is Tea-bagging my teammates or dancing on point as the Overtime clock counts down. Then my team gets up and wipes the floor with the enemy team.
Course, getting hit by a Hanzo arrow or Widowmaker bullet when they are making sure that no one else is coming puts a damper on those moments. It was still something to look forward to.
Or even a 1-3 man Tempo Rez that kept the team alive or helped capture the point/payload, especially when a teammate says “That was a great Tempo Rez”.

4 Likes

As a Mercy player who’s never played in the Mass Rez era, I can safely say that Mercy has absolutely no ability to make large plays like other heroes. I have exactly three POTGs in all of my time playing Mercy (roughly 50 hours), two of them in a custom game. It’s pretty sad.

6 Likes

Plot Twist: When this thread hits 10K post mercy will be deleted for the game

1 Like

Out of curiosity… How’s everyone feeling about this #ReworkMercy movement?
I agree that Mercy should be reworked at this point, but I also feel like the devs aren’t really trying out a lot of changes with Valkyrie. Well… They kind of don’t utilize the PTR as much as they should anyway, but you get what I mean.

3 Likes