Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Well you’re not playing Mercy for her healing in that case. You’re playing her for her utility. Phara/Mercy is strong. Mercy keeps phara up. Pair that with Rein/Zarya/Ana. You got a team wipe comp with a strong offensive push.

I don’t see where that is a problem.

The OP doesn’t say
“Hey, look at this rework. It’s the product of 70 people, and is the most liked thread of all, you must accept it.”

Oh, so you can’t provide us the evidence you claim to have from the begining which is supporting the “fact” that Mercy mains hijack other heroes’ threads and derail them.

How sad.

9 Likes

That’s Mercy’s JOB. That’s what Blizzard explicitly said is Mercy’s focus — healing and mobility. This is what they said when they talked about the rework — its goal (even though those were the focuses of Mercy even before the rework, but that is a story for another day).

8 Likes

Look at the size of this post! TL;DR

Ignoring the attempt to move the goalpost,

Your right, the original poster didn’t say that at all in the original post. The original poster did say it when the original posts arguments were challenged however.

So this post was in fact a product of 70 people, who have all coordinated to make it as big as it has gotten, even above many other deserving posts.

Was this supposed to be clever? I never stated a fact, what I did state was an estimated guess based upon some of the familiar suspects who like and comment everything shared by one another in this same thread.

You can continue to create a strawman like I at all care enough one way or another to lie about something being fact or not, but you can very clearly see I never stated that as a fact at all.

See.

Though it is curious there are a few select people getting hyper sensitive about me pointing out that specific tibit that the original poster has only just admitted to.

Good? It wasn’t intended for you lol. You weren’t exactly the one being replied to in it, were you?

Not sure if this will ping you, but I think some of what you have proposed has been covered in this thread. There’s a lot of reading, but I think it’s worth the read!

Also Welcome to the forums! :heart:

1 Like

no no it’s just an open forum

3 Likes

No, Mercy mains are behind everything.

“They’re putting chemicals in the water and turning the freakin frogs gay!”

Mercy mains are the lizard people of this forum. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

So people can’t respond to you because…we’re colluding if we do? We can’t correct mistakes or misunderstandings or falsehoods when people say things that are wrong?? News to me.

11 Likes

Ignoring the fact that Titanium debunked every single point you made.

No they never replied with “lol we were 70 u wrong”

Oh, so this wasn’t a fact ?
Fair enough.

So what’s the point of estimating how many people like to comment about a hero they enjoy, and generalising them as the ones who hijack threads if not to be upsetting ?
How is it named already ?

It’s Trolling
This post is inflammatory, extraneous or upsetting.

6 Likes

I think we should listen to him. I think he is TehOne

So people can’t respond to you because…we’re colluding if we do?

ShhhhhHh! You’re gonna blow our cover!

No, no one is colluding here, just us normal players here who coincidentally play Mercy. Nothing suspicious here.

3 Likes

??? What exactly is your problem. I didn’t actually say any of that. What I did say was a genuine reply to the person it was replied to. Are you really that offended that you’re trying to make things up to argue about now?

It was more like “okay i can’t argue anymore, this post wasn’t my arguments, my arguments were turned down, this was put to a vote and the product of 70 people, i can’t be bothered with this anymore it’s late”. And now suddenly there’s a good amount of regulars in this thread @ing me. 70 people can’t take criticism to well.

Is that what you call that? Weird, I call that mentioning a very odd coincidence that should be looked into but honestly i don’t care one way or the other if it is or not. I just think 70 people need learn to have their own opinion instead of acting like a hive mind copy and pasting the same thing over and over and literally silenecing it’s detractors

I would do Hail Hydra, but I am a blatant Cap fan. :upside_down_face:

Ah yes, her damage boost that she can almost barely find time to use because of the amount of damage going out unless she is specifically pocketing someone (and isn’t that fun, not to mention a lack of TEAM utility). Well, okay, you can use it during Valkyrie to damage bo-- oh, everyone is dead. Guess I’ll fly back to spawn to meet them.

Of course Rez is a great utility if the planets align and you get off a successful rez - well, okay, it’s usually just that one at the beginning of the match. I mean, rezzing in the heat of battle? Uh, sure, that can happen, but typically you just lose someone else in the process. Or get stunned, frozen, hacked, looked at funny and die.

Nerfing Mercy’s healing did not give her more utility, not by a long shot. If anything it crippled it significantly.

5 Likes

Hail Mercy.

Oh no, I blew our cover! We’ve been discovered. Oh woe is us Mercy mains

/s

11 Likes

Here is shocking truth(shocking for Blizzard and pro players, not us): if team can cover Mercy, that team usually has initiative and can win without that dead player you have to resurrect.

1 Like

Of course Rez is a great utility if the planets align and you get off a successful rez

What do you mean? I for one, enjoy being a statue, and being a target practise whenever I rez.

Its not like I pray someone doesnt shield bash, flashbang, rocket punch, boop, hack freeze, pin or even shoot at me or something.

Hahahahahaha…sigh

4 Likes

And to add on to the rez thing — I thought Blizz didn’t want rez to be her focus. So yeah, let’s just make her a rez bot! Forget healing and mobility! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I nearly said they hadn’t wanted rez to be her focus but I honestly couldn’t remember if I was dreaming that up somehow. But yeah, that’s why they didn’t tie it to Valkyrie if I remember.

So we have a Mercy they don’t want to only focus on rezzing to the point it’s a near 2 second cast but they also don’t want her healing to outshine the other supports… but also don’t give her time to damage boost… and then players just say she’s only good for rez… something’s weird here…

3 Likes