Why I can't see Gency happening

About your first paragraph, it’s not really rare as a case.

In times of war ( WW1 for example) there have been so many cases of soldiers falling in love with the field-nurses and viceversa. It’s called: Transference in one case and Florence Nightingale effect in the other.

Edit: doesn’t mean that this is supposed to happen every time, especially because it’s something that could be developed by the caretaker, not the medic who had responsability on you. That would be an abuse.

So just because he doesn’t feel like he owes him anything the act of lying and leaving is correct ?

Again, what suggests that McCree and Moira were never loyal to Reyes and followed out of obligation ?

Moira of all people right now is a Minister and a council member in Talon and is referred as old friend still by Reaper. Oasis’ funding is more than enough for her work to go by.

Like, I don’t get why the loyalty of these two should be in question just because Genji left them. Do we really have to grab on theories so hard to excuse his actions ?

How do you know how medical treament works in a fictional universe decades from now, where Mercy’s tech is cutting-edge even by their standards?
The entire process may have taken just a day, with only check-ups and minor treatments required afterwards.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, it’s because of her role and psychological issues deriving by it.

those links refer to patients, not ex-patients.

genji is not mercy’s patient anymore. for all we know it’s probably been YEARS since he was last her patient.

Those feelings can go away or stay. It’s unclear, if Genji has any beliefs, but waking up after near certain death and finding doctor in angel suit can confuse some believers.

Genji received new cybernetics after uprising happened, so it hasn’t even been a year at max. Even if mercy is not a cyberniticist, she overseers the process of making sure his augments work properly like physiotherapy, as seen on Uprising comic. Therefore, she has been his doctor when they gave him new set of cybernetics. It’s not a job of interns and nurses.

The amount of care Genji has gotten just so his biological body doesn’t reject his cybernetic parts has to have been staggering. Even in the world of overwatch, he’s a walking medical miracle.

We also don’t know if Genji received psychotherapy, but Mercy is still one of the few people he’s willing to talk to.

Also, I don’t think you actually read the link through.
Likewise, sexual or romantic relationships between a physician and a former patient may be unduly influenced by the previous physician-patient relationship. Sexual or romantic relationships with former patients are unethical if the physician uses or exploits trust, knowledge, emotions, or influence derived from the previous professional relationship, or if a romantic relationship would otherwise foreseeably harm the individual.”

And that’s the key point, doctors don’t suddenly have amnesia when it comes to patients they’re in close contact with and have treated lately. And Genji’s feelings of gratefulness are derived from the fact that mercy saved his life, one thing he constantly keeps confirming… mercy is not the kind of person to exploit those feelings when Genji is still not alright mentally, still struggling with dysphoria especially with his new cybernetics and especially not at the cost of her medical licence because she’s nothing but professional.

5 Likes

Mercy broke Genji’s ankle on purpose and resurrected him just to break it again confirmed

1 Like

While this specific event happened while Genji had been recently saved by Mercy, in the current OW timeline this event happened like 7 years ago. Genji spent years away from the entirety of OW healing, both mentally and physically, without Mercy. If he comes back and decides to pursue a relationship with her, nothing you stated here applies anymore.

And I’ve never said otherwise, but we aren’t there yet on the current timeline. Everything pertaining recall and after is up in the air.

You cared about etchics too much for someone named Moira

Snitches and ditches are not welcome in this Noble house of Blackwatch.

Boundaries when it comes for science on the other hand are not always needed. Can’t progress much without risks, you know.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/pharah/

Maybe you should get your facts straight before trying to correct others.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the entirety of Blackwatch got suspended. It wasn’t like only Genji got off either. We hear in storm rising that Gabe and Jack were arguing about the strike team. Meaning he’s still in a command position, just not with Blackwatch (since I doubt suspended agents can hang out on base for no reason). And Moira was let go because she was literally not supposed to be there, and I’m pretty sure was considered an ethical nightmare by the entire scientific community already at that time.

When an organization comes under fire, the entire organization gets shut down yes, but not every member is placed at fault. It’s likely Reyes took the heat (which he should) Moira was kicked out, Genji was reassigned, and McCree was either reassigned or probably quit.

1 Like

Moira according to her bio had to find funding after Overwatch disbanded, meaning she was still with Reyes and as for McCree, he was still in Blackwatch also as he is featured in Uprising comic, an incident that happens after Retribution.

With Tracer asking if Genji is talking to his old team and on top of that mentioning that Blackwatch is suspended, it means they are still around.

The only one who got off clean is Genji and we pretty much see how based on his responses to Tracer.

I don’t see any evidence of Genji getting off clean compared to everyone else. Gabe is STILL in a leadership position, even with Blackwatch disbanded. And none of the quotes say that McCree and Moira got in any more trouble than Genji. Just that they haven’t spoken.

my Goodness…I wish this event never happened lol…

5 Likes

Blackwatch got suspended, but it seems Genji got transfered to a strike team. In Uprising, McCree is supposed to be suspended, and Moira’s involvement in the final years is up in the air. Genji only appears to be getting off easier than McCree/Moira because he is being shown still going on Overwatch sanctioned missions: Storm Rising, and the Doomfist arrest in Singapore.

1 Like

i just think it’s funny dude that you’ll sit and nitpick over two adults who are able to consent to a romantic relationship and will call that unhealthy, but will defend a doctor and her ex-patient being in a relationship when morally everyone widely accepts that there is a very obvious power imbalance between such a dynamic that would make it borderline abuse. mercy would be taking advantage of genji/the implications are there that she would had she decided to just start dating him but you draw the line at a 37-year-old and a 32-year-old showing interest in each other. that leads me to believe it’s not actually their 5 year age difference that bothers you, but something else.:thinking:

3 Likes

I could see why it appears that way, but Blackwatch must have gotten off pretty easy considering Gabe is still chilling in command with Ana and Jack. And they didn’t seem too shook by McCree showing up in Blackwatch gear in London.