Why I can't see Gency happening

It’s not like she has to carry him around for a while :woman_shrugging:

You can train in martial arts and never actually use them for serious combat.
The family business was killing. A lack of interest in the family business means he didn’t desire to participate in assassinating people, hence why he was a liability. He was more interested in having fun than his “job.”
Genji is no more a killer than anyone else in the game. Tracer kills Talon soldiers during the mission and even bombs a truck in the opening cinematic. And Pharah’s weapon of choice is a god dang rocket launcher attached to her arm. Last I checked, missiles are pretty lethal instruments. Certainly moreso then a handful of ninja stars.

1 Like

Family business, most likely, wasn’t limited to killing. It required leading his clan on other illegal activities, and doing other things Genji wasn’t fan of. He is a playboy, after all, not a leader.

It’s one thing to kill out of necessity, and another to kill, because you enjoy doing it.

On retribution Genji is very callous about the life of criminals, aka the talon troops when Mccree gave an outcry that Antonio was killed and it wasn’t right. Just saying, he’s very much the ninja assassin. He even commends Reyes on the quick solution. Mccree also comments how Genji likes that the whole city is mobilized against them, because he likes to fight.

Just listen to the retribution voicelines.

He still hates wealthy criminals and the only reason he didn’t mangle Maximilien then and there was because Sojourn told them to bring him intact.

Genji was a nice fancy murder machine and it’s only recently being repressed.

4 Likes

The interactions are “hidden behind grindy playthoughs” but the event is “promoting Gency” to the forefront and lore second.

???

Your statement is more contradictory then Genji’s issues.

He can confirm that she kept his pickle but can’t give a short story on his recovery / surgery and their first interaction to clear this mess up ?
Amazing lmfao

6 Likes

He only “confirmed” this because an interviewer asked if Genji still could use the bathroom normally or whatever. It’s not like he just stated it out of the blue.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if he just stated it out of the blue, remember when someone asked about Pharah’s father and he went all “…SAM !! It’s Sam…Don’t you guys know Sam ?!” and how he retconned D.va being a Starcraft pro out of the blue as well.
His ideas are all over the place all the time it’s honestly not funny and not professional either.

3 Likes

Wow people still dont know how to read.
Ok using your logic
As a 17 year a “child” can I date an 11 year “a child”?
No
Oh why we both got consents? Oh is it because I am much older than her so technically I am an adult and she is a child? Ok :slight_smile:
Stop judging peoples personal opinions

For some reason he easily turned against his own family, helping to destroy Shimada empire, after Overwatch restored his body with cybernetics. Makes his loyalty to anyone questionable, at best.

I mean…maybe it’s because the only family he had left crippled him on the orders of his clan’s higher ups? Just a thought.

Forget Overwatch, I’d make it my personal goal to dismantle them.

Mercy is a doctor not a nurse… she is not doing this dirty job

1 Like

one is 32 and the other is 37. that has absolutely nothing to do with children.

2 Likes

This is the best response on this thread. All the other ones don’t count

1 Like

Mercy is not a nurse, she’s a doctor so almost all of your reasoning can’t stand.

Genji and Mercy can still have a platonic relationship, they don’t have to be a regular couple with the usual standards.

I don’t mind if Gency is happening or not, all I see is that they have a lot in common. They both lost their respective family : Mercy’s parents are dead and Genji was betrayed and almost muredered by the remaining member of his family, Hanzo.

It’s completely logical to see them have a certain bond. Mercy likes to tease Genji a lot which adds something to her character (not as wise as one might think) and Genji on the other hand is very respectful, almost shy when he addresses to her. It’s a pretty interesting thing to see and it contrasts with Genji’s combat skills and brutality when it comes to fighting.

Anyways, not all relationships must be labeled. They can have a beautiful friendship with a little flirty romantic side to it and they can also be some sort of platonic couple. For all we know, they have other fish to fry than worrying about the nature of their relationship.

We’ll see how all of this develops in the future but trying to discredit what the writers decide is vain… You can’t project your own experiences (from real life) on characters that live in a fictional universe. The codes are not the same.

It’s basically just a waste of time trying to understand and reason it.

5 Likes

Good point. But why did I read this and why did you come up with it?

people still think there are ethical concerns in dating an ex-patient? LOL

kids, if you have no idea how relationships work stop posting

1 Like

If we don’t, then maybe the actual doctors do lol.

6 Likes

Your entire thread is anecdotal and you’re projecting your personal preferences onto Mercy.

2 Likes

one is 32 and the other is 38 btw get your facts right. second of all, who is wiser and more older and has alot of experience in life in a good way and and way? Mercy not pharah. I have listed many different reasons on why i dont think it will work and one of them is this one because one will boss the other around is what might happen and that wont ever be good.