Why Hero bans wouls be basically backtracking everything

So, as you can tell from the title I’m not a fan of hero bans, rhey were the reason why i left LOL and if they coms on ow they will be the reason why I leave ow as well…

But the point I want to make here is hero bans is BACKTRACKING ON EVERYTHING PRESENTED AS A REASON FOR ROLE QEUE!!

When role qeue came out the corporate bs speech Jeff presented to everyone was something like “so lets say you want to play Mei (I dont remeber the hero and it doesnt matter this is just an example) ans ypu wait 10 mintes in qeue to play her. Then the game starts and 3 people have already choosen dps so you are stuxk in this dillema of ypu either play Mei and have a weird tram with 4 dps or ypu play tank that you didnt want to play. And this way no one is really play, peoplw dont get to play what they want in a proper way” there were other reasons like match balance but this was the main one presented.

So now if they bring Hero Ban then is backtracking on all of this, brcause I can basically wait 15 minutes to play Mei (following same example as eaelier) and then the game starts and Mei gets banned… So I’ forced to play something I dont want or like…

I don’t play OW to be told what ro play i like this game because od the freedom it gives us of choice. Whats the point of banning heroes anyways? Allowing people to ban heroes is admiting they are failures that cant balance their game/characters properly and are not allowing people to grow as playwrs and learn how to counter heroes themselves…

I don’t play a game to be told what to play or not… So sadly because I like OW a lor, ill stop when/if hero bans come…

2 Likes

Not really backtracking on all of it. You can still pick within the role… which was the whole point of ROLE lock.

Sure, your main hero might be banned, but you can still pick DPS without having to worry about a 4 DPS comp

So I can’t agree that hero bans would be backtracking everything.

It seems like you have a bias against it :frowning:

1 Like

Well this is WHAT THEY SAID… Jefc literally gave an ezplanation like this in a video so it’s not me coming up with it… I just dont remember which hero he gave as example…

And yes right now the community is split in people biased pro hero ban and people biased against hero ban… There’s no in between…

I am against hero ban and if you are in favour its fine. Ill juat stop playing when it comes like I have read and talkes to many other people that will do the same…

Nothing they are doing is bringing the community together or bringing more ppl into the game they are just excluding more and more people from the game and so we’ll juat look somewhere else for gaming I guess… Not like there arent a ton of other team competitive games to play so…

Just implement 2-3-2 and nerf 20% of dps damage, buff 20% of support hps, and increase 20% of tank shield. gg
There are many one-tricks in this game though. With the ban system I’m sure a lot of whiners will drop the game. tHeY kIlLeD mY oNeTrIcK.

I am 100% against hero bans, because i am sick of players telling other players who they can and cant play, they keep restricting player choice more and more untill the whole team has to play what that person wants to play

2 Likes

You can play Mei without playing Competitive. I assume that other modes will not implement hero bans. If you want an actual competitive experience, a start would be expanding your hero pool.

1 Like

To be fair, we ought to be playing whatever the team needs in competitive. Unless you can singlehandedly carry your team to a win on your chosen hero, it’s just selfish. RQ was implemented for a number of reasons… one of them being what’s best for the team, not just the individual.

Casual modes are for playing whatever we want.

I’m unsure about hero bans, but I know this game was designed around the concept of players learning more than just one hero. Hero bans will be a problem to those limiting their personal hero pools… solution: hero switch, duh :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

You were doing great up to this point. Don’t throw games because of petty issues. And don’t threaten the devs.

I dont even play Mei or dpa dor that matter -. - it was an example because when Jeff gave his example he mentioned dps heroes mostly…

You have to understand that this change is coming through to benefit the Overwatch League, more than anything else. It’s really important that they get the viewership numbers up and having mirror matches all season long isn’t gonna cut it. They have to try something. And if it’s coming to OWL, it’s coming to the main game, especially since this is something that they have apparently been working on for a while now.

Idk what to really say about it except…well, your concerns are perfectly valid. But what blizzard really cares about right now is how profitable they can make OWL since they have a lot – and I mean A LOT – invested in it.

Personally I’m not against hero bans and would really like to see how they get implemented in this game.

Well then if it’s up to me they can have only the OWL players play this game if they are the only thing they care about…

I respect that people don’t mind it or like it, But I personally will keep being against it. Guess this game, sadly, will not be for me and people that see it like me, anymore

But we don’t even know how it would be implemented

I have more choice now honestly. Before hand I could only play what I thought I was best at, now I can queue for tank if I want to tank, damage if I want to damage, or support if I want to support.

Yes the that is true but hero bans actively stop players from playing certain heros thus it is actually players dictating who you can play and i am 100% against that andif hero bans are put in i will not vote i will sit and wait for the match to start

1 Like

to OP:

no worries - per Jeff the devs are against hero bans on multiple counts and are not working on it

1 Like

They alao once said they would never force role qeueu XD I don’t trust what Jeff says anymore…
Not that I think role qeue waa a bad decision, I was very neutral about it when it came out, i’m not a dps main so I’m ok about role qeue.
Just saying Jeff saying something and then backtracking on it wouldnt be new -. -

Ok but I just read that ans ita drom a couple of hours ago. Well good!! At least for me that dont like the idea of hero bans!

Now I hope they wont force 132 an sjust let people make a choice, either qeue for 132 or play 222 that I think its the best for the game.

I think you need to be more open to changing your character for the team. I nearly always give my team a choice of what they want me to play out of my pool of heroes.

I guess we’re just different