Why have you not removed the losing SR if you crash?

You get SR lose if you leave and join back in time but it goes from -50 SR lose to -25 SR lose.

Exactly. I’ve had 5 minute power outages, and I came back before round one ended. It should check whether you left perminently, such as if you have a half hour power outage.

Because you left the game before the 2 (or is it 1?) minute mark, which cancels the game automatically.

5 minutes puts your team at a SEVERE disadvantage.

?

This happened in the waiting period for second round, the game won’t get cancelled if someone leaves at that point. I was back before the doors opened, still get SR penalty.

Sorry, that was worded wrong. I meant this as a for instance, so please don’t take this seriously.

Maybe they should make it two minutes Before the penalty kicks in?

You can’t dodge anything if they DONT CANCEL THE MATCH.

And you were not able to rejoin? Unless the match cancels in the immediate start of the first round, a disconnected player has two minutes to return and not be penalized (and should still be able to return even after two minutes, but will still take the penalty). If so that either means that round ended by the time you logged back in (possible if the conditions of the match were in a way that only one team fight was needed to win.) or there was a bug, which at that point, if you can share a replay code, it would be appreciated.

sr means skill rating

(S)kill
( R )ating

It’s even worse when someone leaves on purpose and never returns, and then you’re stuck in a game down one player. And then end up losing because of it, and STILL lose the sr. It’s very unfair

1 Like

It feels bad, but there is a reason behind this policy, Scott Mercer explained it way back during season 1.

Source: Old Overwatch Forums Archives

1 Like

I wish they made it so dont lose SR if you crash. I’d crash everytime I was about to lose.

I just tried it…

Original SR:

https://i.imgur.com/pLyj3YV.png

Left the game after first round while in the spawn room picking heroes and instantly rejoined.

The result?

https://i.imgur.com/OHQiYEg.png

Not penalized you say? Why did I get -50 SR for that if it works like you say? I pressed rejoin as soon as I left pretty much. I was in the main menu less than 2 seconds.

Did you verify your skill rating after the match completed? Note when a player leaves and returns, the skill rating at first will appear penalized if you browse your career profile screen while that match is still active, but if you return in a timely matter and complete the match, it should appear based on the appropriate adjustment. Make sure to verify before and after the match, NOT during.

That being said, I don’t recommend trying to test the game’s leaver rules deliberately. I myself maintain a journal and document my progression of skill rating from match to match and while I had a situation where I left and could return in a very long time, the last time it did happen, it was working for me.

I kow. But losing SR doesn’t make you worse at overwatch…

i can totally imagine abusing “crashing” when u get steamrolled early

obviously it doesnt. You asked what SR meant so i told you what it meant. And heres proof

It’s a frustrating yet very necessary tool as already mentioned that would otherwise be abused. And if we’re being honest any lost SR due to crashes is incredibly minimal unless you’re having severe problems. It happens to all of us eventually.

How would you abuse it if you don’t lose SR if you disconnect in the spawn room and you’re back in before the doors have even opened? How can anyone abuse that? Tell me.

avoiding specific players u dont want to play with/against