Why have you not removed the losing SR if you crash?

We just lost a round, then as we’re in the spawn room the game just decides to crash on me. I was back before the doors even opened.

But nope. -50 sr. Because reasons.

1 Like

The SR system does not detect crashes, it only checks if you leave.

14 Likes

What does sr really mean?
If the number is slightly lower it doesn’t mean you lose 10% accuracy :grin:

It sucks, but if it wasn’t in place people could just alt-f4 or unplug their ethernet whenever they were in for a loss.

7 Likes

because… reasons :laughing:

1 Like

You shouldn’t lose rating when you drop out of the game, for any reason whatsoever, in the spawn room waiting for the round to start and you’re back in the game before the doors even open.

Match isn’t going how I like and appears like my team will lose
Unplugs my Internet so I get disconnected from the game
Happy I got out of that losing match and didn’t lose any SR

Also from my understanding, you aren’t spose to lose SR or be punished if you reconnect in the time allowed. Did Blizzard change this?

2 Likes

People would just disconnect if they lose round 1.

2 Likes

You are missing the point.
Why are you penalized even if you COME BACK…

COME BACK

4 Likes

While I’d normally argue for it letting you return before start, if you start a 2cp map on defense and do this, you probably lost the game for your team.

Solution: remove 2cp.

1 Like

What are you even talking about?

How do you lose the game for your team when you’re back before the doors even open?

If you’re gone until the attackers’ doors open on d in 2cp, you won’t make it to the point before it’s capped. 6:30 on point B is a loss 90% of the time.

To stop you crashing out when you are wanting to quit. Bad team comp? Crash out!
Game going poorly? Crash out.

they REALLY don’t want people doing this, and they super don’t want people who are unsure that their nertworking will work joining comp games.

1 Like

Because there’s no difference between a game crash and task manager-ing the game.

This rule is in place to prevent “queue dodging” which is an act to avoid the match if you don’t like a certain player, map chosen, or the team composition. Furthermore, penalizing disconnections and crashes help deter players from attempting to play Competitive and instead focus on resolving their technical problem. Once the match cancellation sequence triggers, a 10-second timer is displayed to simply alert remaining players the match will shut down (as a courtesy to them, not for the player who crashed).

Details of these policies can be found here:

If you need help troubleshooting your crash, please review these starting troubleshooting steps or start a new post in the technical discussion forum for further assistance.

2 Likes

But I was back in the game before the doors even opened. Why should I get -50 SR for something that had no affect on the outcome of the game?

This was after the first round, we were standing around waiting in the spawn room for the second round to start and OW crashes on me then started OW again, back in before the doors opened, -50 SR. There’s no reason I should be penalized when the doors aren’t even open yet.

So you just need to pull the plug when ever you don’t like the current map or what your teammates pick?

Do you read posts before you press reply?

1 Like

Oh, the 50sr loss for that is bull, don’t get me wrong. Totally you shouldn’t get done in for that.

This would include someone leaving right after the game started. There are 2 options. Option 1 … you were back within 2min in which case you should not have lost SR and the game should have continued. If this is the case, you losing SR was a bug and most likely was a 1 time thing … **** happens. Option 2 … you needed more than 2min to come back in which case the system worked as intended. 2min is a fair time for people to come back and you can’t expect people to wait longer just because it’s in between rounds. Most of the time, especially when you lost the 1st round anyway, some people will instantly leave after 2min.