Why Has Blizzard Been Silent About Reinhardt?

I’m just gonna start this by saying that I love Overwatch, and I love playing tank (or used to…) for my team. It suits my strengths as a player perfectly, Rein especially, and between his lore and the feel you get when you play him well he’s quickly become one of my favorite video game characters ever in only two years.

As frustrated as I may be, I don’t hate Blizzard, in fact I respect them a lot which is why the current situation frustrates me so greatly. Here’s my problem.

Reinhardt has had the new Earthshatter bug for an entire month now, as well as the vacuum charge, and we haven’t received a single comment on it.

No “we’re looking into the issues”, no “here’s when we think a fix will be ready”, none of that. They’ve been completely silent about it. Yet, they’ve gone ahead and responded to other questions about other heroes.

I’m not alone in my frustrations about this. That much should be clear to anyone who watches streams, YouTube VOD rippers like FreshNuts and NoobHunter, or simply plays Reinhardt themselves. 50% of Earthshatters end up being this stupid god awful “triple shatter” crap where Reinhardt smacks the floor three or four times like it’s a drum before the ultimate ACTUALLY lands, and in that time frame usually the enemy gets out of the way or crowd controls the Reinhardt into oblivion while he’s locked into his bug animation. It’s complete BS. You’ve seen the clips, people like you and I have experienced it, and it’s about time we got some agknowledgement, FFS.

I don’t understand entirely what it’s like to develop games, true. But this is unacceptable. Reinhardt has been here since day one, back in 2016, and there’s no good excuse as to why he’s ten times more broken now than he was at launch. It’s like every “fix” they roll out makes him worse. Maybe it would be better if they just left him alone. What a hilarious thought.

As I mentioned, shatter isn’t the only thing. Charge also is broken too, though not as badly. People are getting “sucked into” Reinhardt pins despite being several feet to the left or right of him…

It seriously makes me want to uninstall the game, and I don’t even mean that in the stupid “buff my hero or I’m leaving!” way a bunch of the forum posters do. I’m just actually done. Reinhardt is already hard to play well in the era of crowd control being everywhere, so the fact that I can play him perfectly but still get screwed because of bugs that make him borderline unplayable pisses me off. That guy who made the “I feel like Blizzard hates tanks” post was right, and it feels like they hate Reinhardt most of all. Jeff Kaplan can say he and Blizzard love tanks all they want, I know that’s the truth, but that doesn’t change the way the game feels.

So yeah. In conclusion, it really pisses me off that we’ve been given the shaft on Reinhardt bug information. And frankly it makes me sad that the forum community here too seems to not care for the most part. There’s a million threads about Mercy but barely any about this. We need to get loud and hold Blizzard accountable for this.

/rant

And before anyone says “just play Winston/Orisa”, I do play those heroes and I’m good with them. That does not change the fact that Reinhardt is a buggy, broken mess that has been deprived of everything that makes him fun to play.

6 Likes

Because software development is hard and I doubt they want to come out and say they’ve screwed it up multiple times now. I’m not exactly sure why, but I think less people complain if they don’t acknowledge it.

It is hard, that’s why they have professionals doing it. I know it’s hard. I’m not asking for it to be fixed instantly. I literally want an agknoledgment that shows they’re at least working on the problem. As it is now it feels like Reinhardt is getting the Bastion treatment - ignored.

1 Like

the rein es animation change went in with no acknowledgement at all, and still none. A lot of animation cancels being removed from rein with nothing said on them.

This is why im ticked abou rein

2 Likes

Didn’t they just rework earth shatter?

they only changed the animation and didnt even acknowledge that they did

never meet your heroes.

I work in software. None of us really know what we’re doing. You throw stuff at a wall until it sticks, then post on Stackoverflow to pray to your gods.

2 Likes

Because they’ll never admit that they spent months working on a shatter rework that completely blew up in their faces when it hit live.

They “reworked” it. And by rework I mean they fixed the bugs it used to have while simultaneously adding the worst bug it’s ever had.

Its called waiting until they’re ready.

Because all youre gonna get out of them atm is that no new info is available at this time.

Yet they’re happy to acknowledge things about other heroes, for example they confirmed Roadhog is getting changes soon.

Yet nothing on a hero being fundamentally broken. Okay.

What do you expect them to say???

“Rein will get changes soon”
“Rein will have his bugs fixed eventually”

Don’t you already know this?

Reinhardt needs his bugs fixed but they have a lot on their plate.

I expect them to update the thousands of people who play the hero that they’re working on a fix. I don’t see the problem with that. Developers do that literally all the time. It’s good transparency.

And what if they’re not currently working on a fix because they’re focusing on other heroes?

They legit remade him and somehow made him worse. Only Blizzard could fail so miserably, EA coulda done a better job

or just dont care at all

I doubt anything they have to work on is more important than making one of the most popular characters of the game work decently. At least disable him in competitive play if he’s not going to be fixed soon. Clearly he isn’t ready to be in any SR environment.

There is this magical thing called not playing a hero.
However, it was quite literally introduced a few weeks ago, and Blizzard doesn’t have a history of acknowledgment. Just wait a second because i’m sure this was a problem when they re-coded it.

So a hero who literally has every ability bugged to hell (Even firestrike has several problems) is somehow less important than other heroes who are demonstrably patched up and in working order? There isn’t even a hero who’s got bugs even close to his level. DOOMFIST is less buggy than Reinhardt is.