Why even release BRIGITTE next week

The people that generally play Support will play Supports correctly, those that don’t tend to overly focus on DPS. Not all people but there are quite a number of them, it doesn’t matter if it’s quickplay or competitive.

I don’t want to be on the same team as the guy who just popped in the fighting game for the first time and pick a character that they may or may not even want to continue playing just so they can practice in a mode that is meant for people to play at their best. Why should I risk my SR just so you can learn a character from scratch?

1 Like

I mean, I agree, but sometimes is doable xD

You can usually at least focus on little mechanic stuff.
But definitely wouldn’t call it “proper practice.”

I use the chance to practice more Rein and Lúcio when someone instalocks her before I do WAAHAHAHAH XD

I don’t understand how more people don’t feel this way

1 Like

Some of you are really trying to make this seem like they care about comp balance. Show me Any proof. SMURFS and leavers are everywhere. The only thing that’s changed since doom/moira IS OWL. This entire decision is literally based around the tournament and not the actual game. 2 weeks of learning outside of comp would make sense but to wait until the next season has a motive which has very little to do with her tweaks. I’m not so angry at her not being able to comp so much as the entire reason is based around something other than balance. Its a roundabout tactic. The intentions behind the move is a selfish one lol nobody learns in QP people just mess around not taking it seriously everyone knows this.

2 Likes

Great, so I can basically forget about playing comp at all this season. I was getting burned out of playing Dva only and was hoping for something new to main. Guess I can keep OW off my shelf for a whole month then.

Man, this is some serious bs.

2 Likes

Claiming you need more than a week to understand how a hero works is just ridiculous. Playing OW’s heroes isn’t exactly rocket science. Sure, you won’t MASTER a hero in a week, but you won’t ever MASTER a hero in QP regardless.

2 Likes

How do you propose I practice her in QP. Basically all you can get done is learning her basic mechanics, which only takes a few hours. That’s why it worked having heroes locked out of comp for a week. There’s no way I’ll be able to get a feel for how she plays in a coordinated team, against a coordinated team. Hell, I’ll be lucky if I learn how she plays with a team that actually focuses the objective.

2 Likes

You haven’t understood at all what I meant to say, or my analogy was terribly bad and in thatbcade i apologise

I know, it’s so aggravating.

I had fun playing Overwatch, and I liked watching the OWL (not for drops of whatever, just for seeing some good games).

And now?

This change has made me lose interest in OW in general.

I wasn’t looking forward to seeing another 2 months of dive meta in OWL games, when we’re already on a more balanced patch, but if the best solution Blizzard could come up with was “well, then let everybody suffer and keep Brigitte out of normal comp games as well” then I have to say that this game is not for me any more.

“Stronger season identity” “plenty of time to learn”… my a**. This ist the same spin as EA’s “sense of pride and accomplishment”.

Doomfist wasn’t my cup of tea, but I played Moira a ton on the PTR and in her first week and waited with my placements in the new season until she was finally available - and they went extremely well.

The same with Brigitte: I already played her 3 weeks on the PTR and was ready to wait with my new placements this season another week until I can finally play her in comp.
And now this?

Sorry Blizzard, but I won’t play QP only for another 2 months. Thanks for the fun I had with OW, but if this is how new heroes and maps are handled from now on, this game isn’t for me any more. Which is a shame, because I liked the game and I liked the OWL… but not how you try to shove it down everybody’s throats, whether they like it or not.

What nonsense. You don’t need to wait any longer than anyone else if it’s on a constant month delay, that’s the same amount of time between each release, just a month offset from the QP release.

1 Like

I want to play her outside of comp. I don’t care about competitive.

Doesn’t less time to play her also mean less time to learn how to counter her? So it balances out?

You arent cared about this game was made for a pro gamer platform

a month ? is this because she isn´t as OP as Moira ?

Maybe so people can actually learn her before they decide to unintentionally throw games by not knowing how to play her.

1 Like

We don’t all enjoy the chaos that is the PTR. Complain about the problems with QP all you want but for those of us who don’t bother with the PTR its nice to have some play time on her before she hits comp.

1 Like

this account you posted on is at 2.1k… I’m not trying to rank shame you directly, everyone starts somewhere and that’s fine. Maybe you have another account at GM, I don’t know.

Yet all that /waves hand at quote above/ is why a lot of lower SR players are at lower SR in the first place. They need to PRACTICE and play QP grinding hours of fundamentals, and mechanics, stuff that others do by default. Free to screw up, learn and NOT drop SR while doing it.

stop going all game day, no practice.
I even question this idea it’s better for a lower SR player to learn heroes in comp vs QP where they could play with way better players. Yeah ok the 3k+ range starts to be more about tactics but that’s not near 90% of the entire player base.

Player is going to learn more playing comp (and losing) at the edge of silver/gold vs say QP and maybe getting a player like myself as an ex-3k+ Reinhardt? Nah, better learn how the hero works with a 2k rein in comp!! Maybe lose chunks of SR and win rate while doing it!! YEAH!!

I just don’t understand that line of thinking.

1 Like

To be better at Comp, you have to play comp.
To learn new character for comp, you have to play new character in comp.

QP only teaches you bad habits and how not to tryhard.

1 Like

Hopefully this is not true, because as I recall didn’t Blizzard said that OWL will not be effecting the game itself for casual players?

Let’s be honest, the only reason we got Brigitte so soon is because the Japanese Overwatch Twitter f’d up and posted that infamous Brigitte tease.

If it wasnt for that she would have come out the first week of May, which was probably her intended release date, with only a week comp delay. They just dont want to mess up their schedule.