Why even release BRIGITTE next week

Truthfully its better this way, its annoying. I’d like to jump in comp with her too. But it’s better than people actually learn how to play the character in some form 1st before going right to comp and cause people to lose SR because they are “learning” the character.

That’s not fair to others, there are plenty of players that have 0 time with her that would go to comp and insta lock her to play with her in a “competitive environment” with no regard for the people that want to try and gain SR instead of lose it.

4 Likes

I see where you are going with the idea. I think it’s a great idea for maps. For new heroes, I think some delay is wise but 6 weeks seems like it’s too long.

Maybe a fixed number of weeks would be better. In my mind, 2 weeks is good.

Thanks for responding!

2 Likes

really good step!!!

If you want to play competitive matches with her before the comp release date then start a PUG on the custom game server. Maybe that will scratch the itch?

1 Like

So basically you went from 1 week to 2 months? You lock a supposed ‘Meta Changing’ hero behind a 2 month wall because people complained that new heroes are getting into competitive too quickly. Quick Play doesn’t even have a meta because everyone picks and plays whatever they choose. By time Brig is even close to being released to Competitive you guys are going to shortly be giving hints towards Hero 28. I was personally hype for her release but seeing how playing comp for me is kind of the only fun I can have in this game now is kind of a bummer. Oh well see you guys in May!

9 Likes

You will lost a lot of players and views, just nice job.
And I’m sure you know it’s wrong given the reaction of the players but you refuse to admit it (like Mercy’s rework)

3 Likes

They could’ve easily done it for Hero 28 instead. They sat here and decided to announce something as big as this 3-4 days BEFORE her release to live servers. If they have this kind of attitude hopefully when Sym and Hanzo get their reworks they keep them out of Comp for a couple of months because they’ll practically be new heroes.

Ok. But what amount of delay could possibly prevent crybabies from crying “too early”? Hint: none, because that’s what crybabies do.

A new hero is just that, new. Regardless if being released tomorrow or next year. To actually test and tweak a hero properly he/she/it needs to get used in a proper environment - i.e. competitively. PTR/Quickplay can only ever make obvious bugs more apparent and nothing else.

9 Likes

Nobody is going to have a grasp on her because Qp meta is total trash. Then once people bring her into competitive thery’re going to have a hard time.

I feel this is a bad way to release heroes.

4 Likes

They know nobody supports this decision but they are going ahead with it anyway. Makes me wonder if the OWL truly is the real reason behind this.

1 Like

If you are going to stick with this (which I hope you don’t), please do this for all big hero changes/reworks as well. Otherwise this change feels pointless to me. It needs to be across the board and not just cherry picked what needs to wait till season starts.

3 Likes

As I mentioned in my feedback on Scott Mercer’s original announcement. I agree with the logic, but the timing between hero launch and waiting for the next competitive season feels very long. Therefore I think this is a good policy, as long as hero releases are a little closer to the end of season mark (5 weeks before, announce hero, 3 week PTR shakedown, 2 week live shakedown). Maps; that is not as big of a deal.

Cheers! (^^)v

2 Likes

“B-but tHey’RE NoT neW HERoeS”

I like to watch the streams of GM players. It’s like she is not going to be released for another 2 months.

1 Like

This is also so that she won’t be available in OWL until Stage 4… js

I’m not happy with it but like i said it is what it is. Thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

But if they are really doing this because they are concerned with making each season unique, then they need to not implement big changes at all in the middle of a Comp season.

2 Likes

Trust me I agree with you but they seem to be taking "Community Feedback’ from the wrong kind of people in my honest opinion.

1 Like

This reminds me of George Lucas talking about why he introduced midi-chlorians in Star Wars Episode 1; it was because “some people” complained about mysticism in sci-fi. Remember how that went?

Learn to ignore feedback from idiots.

3 Likes

If this is your rationale, then make it so that you can play her in competitive after X many hours of QP/arcade practice, not make the community as a whole wait 2 months for a much anticipated hero.

Making people wait is not going to stop people in competitive from jumping in and playing her with zero experience. This happens already with existing heroes.

9 Likes