Why Don't People Want Bastion Viable? šŸ¤”

Unfortunately for you, the payload is hero 29 and pirate ships can be built on it.

In all seriousness, pirate ship will never exist on KotH and 2CP simply because of what the strategy is.

Yes, all heroes must be viable, no matter how little you like them

3 Likes

its because he has the highest hitscan dps of any hero in the game

if they buff him, hes op

if they rework him, he could end up a soldier clone or something no one could even fathom

same with torb. no one wants an auto lock turret hero to be more viable then the dps that require consistant aim to deal dmg. (even tho torb actually does require aim. its just his turret screws over teams who decide to ignore it. which is all of em in gold and lower)

Yes thatā€™s how bullets work. If you donā€™t kill someone they will kill you.

5 Likes

noā€¦ they just dont want easy heroes dominating high skill heroes as it was the case with mercy.

You should take a look at this thread:

2 Likes

Then they just need to step it up on other heroes like buff or tweaks. If anything having bastion become more viable comes with sacrifices with his dps. Turret mode may lose 100 ammo or do lesser damage, but for that loss he gains damage reduction while in turret mode.

That change is exactly what made him so weak.

I donā€™t want a meta based around static entrenchment. That favors the defense, results in more draws, discourages engagements, and makes the game revolve around ults more than it should. It doesnā€™t have to be this way but apparently people dislike the idea of recon buffs.

Letā€™s put this into perspective. Buffing mercy the wrong way made the game abysmal. Imagine if they overbuffed bastion?

Iā€™d love to see every hero viable. Including bastion. But theyā€™d better do so slowly.

1 Like

Recon buffs are disliked for valid reasons.

1st. Recon isnā€™t weak, sentry and tank are

2nd. Buffing recon would just make it overshadow 76

1 Like

The issue with ALL Of whatā€™s just been said isā€¦ Bastion used to require a whole hell of a lot of skillā€¦ And still would, Just in the way of positioning, tactics, and Map awarenessā€¦

Which is why myself, and Almost all other Bastion mains are pushing to lower his spread, and add Headshots backā€¦ Raising his skill floor, and ceiling at the same time.

Oh, and remove the 100 Extra ammo from the last failed Rework.

He should really be the opposite of what people call ā€œSpray and preyā€

For Multiple Reasons.

1 Like

i never said he did amazing dmg at range

i said he did the most dmg of any hitscan. he melts everyone at his effective range (keyword). which is true

450 max dps at point blank?

Factor in the shots missed andā€¦ Soldier 76 out performs a Sentry Bastion at most Useful Ranges.

1 Like

An effective range that he gives up all movement to obtain and therefore it is up to the enemy to enter it.

1 Like

Donā€™t ask these forums. Bunch of whiners. They donā€™t want Bastion viable because they want their boring stale meta to go on forever because of their shiny little internet badges called ranks.

Bastion would require dumb lazy tanks to move rather than hide behind shields and barriers. This is why they whined about Junkrat.

Remember these forums are mostly supports and tanks.

4 Likes

I actually think Bastion would make a good Druid.
Take away his ult charge, lower his damage and let him switch modes freely, his humanoid form could be some sort of healer or buffer.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a completely new hero(except for the fact that he doesnā€™t have an ultimate).

1 Like

Of all things, lowering his damage makes the least sense in that quoteā€¦ Heā€™d barely out perform Mccree at close rangeā€¦ -.- And even Mercy can do that.

1 Like

I think if Bastion, a glass cannon character, becomes completely viable - it will overshadow the usefulness of any other hitscan in the game. Probably.