Why don’t the bundles include name cards anymore?

There are a bunch of name cards that are in the game client and clearly were meant to go with specific skins and yet were not included in the skin bundles. Of the pairings mentioned in the Overwatch Cavalry tweet (and the reply with the Koi Hanzo), only the Biohazard Ramattra hasn’t been in the shop yet, and none of those skins was bundled with the name card.

In fact, I think there have only been 3 bundles with name cards included: Witch Kiriko, Cyber monk Zen, and Calavera Reaper. I think those were all in October. I’ve had those 3 name cards in my “Just For You” recommendations every day for months now. So, I’m pretty sure that the other name cards have not been made available in any way, even for individual purchase.

Just, why? It’s an inexpensive cosmetic, and there’s currently so little variety in what people have available. It’s mostly just the ones from the battlepasses. Why are these other name cards in the game but inaccessible?

3 Likes

Blizzard is layzeeee

Creating artwork assets and putting them in the game and then not making them available in any way, even for money, is not laziness. They’ve literally done extra work for no reward.

It’s not just the name cards and people don’t know if it’s intended or a bug.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cyber widow icon. Do you know if there are other unavailable icons that go with skins? There’s also the series of “silhouette” icons that have been in the game since launch with still no way of being earned. Like, they even added hero challenges for earning icons, which would seem to be the obvious place for such an icon series, but they’re not part of those challenges.

Anyway, since the Cyberdevil Widow was in the last shop rotation of Season 1, it occurred to me to wonder if icons and name cards stopped being included in bundles at the same time. I scrolled back through OverwatchCavalry’s old Twitter posts to see when various items were released into the shop. From what I could find, the last bundle to include a player icon was Cyber Dragon Hanzo on Nov 8. Cyberdevil Widow was released on Nov 29, and her bundle didn’t include the player icon. I believe the last bundle to include a name card was Calavera Reaper on Nov 1, while Star Sheep Orisa (released Dec 13) was the first bundle with an obviously missing name card.

So there does seem to be consistency here. In mid-November, player icons and name cards stopped appearing in bundles.

2 Likes

If they are in the game they will be used in some way.

Most likely just part of another bundle.

Every new skin bundle is missing either a player icon or player cards I’m missing my koi player card and my Biohazard

It occurred to me that maybe they have been leaving items out of bundles to reduce the bundle cost.

The full list from my experience of missing name cards and player icons from seasons 1 and 2 is:
Name Cards:
Aztec Sombra,
Star Sheep Orisa,
Biohazard Ramattra,
Koi Hanzo,
Minotaur Reinhardt,
Medusa Widowmaker,
Captain Torbjörn
Player Icons:
Owl Guardian Mercy,
Minotaur Reinhardt,
Cyberdevil Widowmaker,
Hermes Lúcio
Interestingly, The Takoyaki Zenyatta bundle included a player icon, the first one to correctly unlock since Cyber Dragon Hanzo iirc

2 Likes

This is also extra annoying since player icons count against the total unlocks in the hero gallery

I don’t get why they still haven’t added the missing player icons and name cards into the shop?? I’ve been waiting for that koi header for a long time now…

Why add in stuff like this if you’re just gonna forget about it or something?? It’s so dumb!

I saw that they added a player card with the new ashe skin, and i want that one so badly but now i’m scared that they will forget about it and i will never have the chance to get it :sob::sob::sob:

I don’t see how there isn’t more people on to this issue, it results in no fix because blizzard probably doesn’t even know like most people.