Why doesn't blizzard ban throwers?

I get that blizzard doesn’t care about console, but the amount of times I get throwers on my team is absurd.

I’ve been a few games off diamond for a while now, and everytime I get close, someone throws and not once have I ever seen someone get banned. Why not add the ability to send clips with the report on console (again, I know they don’t care) but it would surely help out so much.

The game will be in a better state with rolelock I know that, but that’s not gonna get rid of throwers. I’ve played 5 games today in comp and TWO of them had a thrower (by thrower I mean someone who afk’s or kills themselves). So I win three in a row and then get two throwers when I’m one game off diamond, why does the rest of the team get punished? Blizzard doesn’t care about the community at all, it’s a 3 year old game that’s taken them this long to listen to the community on rolelock. maybe they care, maybe they don’t, but it’s hard to defend blizzard when it’s clear they can’t manage the game.

(Also I get that It’s different for PC, it’s easier to do everything on there, it’s just frustrating that they seemingly do nothing to help the console community).

2 Likes

They do ban for profanity I know from experience. But people who derank intentionally is fair game. The amount of people ive seen down 600+ SR as of late is outright disturbing. Blizzard doesnt care.

1 Like

Because its funny…

because of trolls like this lovely gamer that commented above me. its not that they dont care, its just they simply cant do much. especially on console where accounts are free and unlimited. it really is unfortunate…wonderful game…troglodyte community

i cant begin to tell you how many times people have said they just dont care if they get banned or reported or lose the game, ill just use my forty accounts and move on to tolling even harder.

“because it’s funny”

They do ban people on Console. Reporting for Abusive Chat is the one they tend to look into first.

1 Like

Becuz it wont matter
They know as soon as they ban a person
He has a new acc for free in less then 5 min
(Sadly)

2 Likes

You probably haven’t seen the interview, but Jeff mentioned that with roll lock it is easier to see throwing by the system. Blatant throwing will be detected, with the player warned then banned if they continue.

Here is hoping it works.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what Jeff said:

You are so darn good as assuming things lmao

There are just too many to ban.

Yes, I believe he said something like: “The new system will continuously monitor your stats, how you play every single role. And if all of a sudden your stats are much worse than normal, you have 3 times more deaths than eliminations, in addition to all of this, you are suddenly dropping hundreds of SR, there will be a red warning light popping up for someone at Blizzard so they can take a closer look and ban you”

As for the console problem and people just creating a new account, Blizzard needs to work with Sony/Microsoft and find a way to permanently ban a player so they can’t create a new account on that console.

I do not like that at all.
I don’t play comp, so it doesn’t affect me, but stories about losing 500 SR on a day and winning those 500 sr back are not rare.
Blizzard is relying on the 2-2-2 system to get rid of bad streaks? I foresee unfair bans because the system flagged them as throwers.