Why does torb turret gets so much health + range but

sym turrets get a useless 30 health?? that’s effectively the same as the 1 health (also stupid) they had before her rework… i mean they can be one shot with melee. like what is that? with their horrible range and slow af set up time. plus ridiculous cooldown its just too much.

Its clear the devs do not want symmetra to be good because there is so much they could do to help her be not so terrible with just little numbers buffs but they don’t do it. Bias is the only feasible explanation because seriously she’s so bad and they still haven’t sped up her useless orbs or anything? embarrassing

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait and see what the future brings.

1 Like

i dont have faith. they’ll rework her but she’ll just be bad in new and exciting ways. If they wanted her to be good she’d at least be not half as terrible as she is now. Like its actually easy to make her better at least, if not good, without her getting anywhere near oppressive or broken. Like I said, embarrassing

3 Likes

I don’t think they no what to do with her.

At best the only thing they have in her kit that synergizes with heroes is teleport.

If they could make teleport be more of a movement ability like blink then she is a more competitive hero instead of a niche one.

They could ask a bunch of players that took 100s of hours to learn the character and have detailed matchup knowledge for their feedback.

But why do things the easy way. Stubborn same old way.

As the old saying goes, “4th rework times the charm”

1 Like

I wish I could argue but yeah, Sym feels pretty naff to play as, regardless of how effective she is on insert map or game mode here. “Everything she did took too long” is what’ll be written on Sym’s gravestone.

Signed, a guy who plays Torb instead on account of his kit not being crushed underneath the weight of ten million gimmicks.

3 Likes

Maybe because she has 3 and Torb only has one?

Also Syms turrets are a lot more smaller and easier to hide compared to Torb’s

4 Likes

Because there are hell of lot more Tracer and Genji mains than Sym mains… literally all it is. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sym 3.0 was allowed two weeks to be viable, then the pros pooped on her, then they nerfed her to never be more than teleport character once in a while.

All Sym 3.0 needs is about half her nerfs removed…

2 Likes

I think Sym’s sentries (and kit) definitely could use some love, especially in regards to how much setup it needs, but I don’t think Sym and Torb’s turrets should be compared at a 1:1 level

Torbjorn’s turret is half his kit where as Symmetra keeps being split into multiple directions (3-6 sentries, teleporter, throwable shield).

Looking at the sentries alone, they could combine them into one giga sentry and with its cc and combined damage/hp, it could be a frightening thing to chuck through a teleporter vs torbs turret haha

I’m eager to see what changes they introduce for Sym in the next beta — I hope the sentries remain and feel more effective but to me, sentry would ideally be more supportive rather than deadly and her projectile becomes more consistent and duel worthy

1 Like

yeah, i just wish they werent meleeable to death. it really is about the same health as 1 hp since most attacks do more than 30 dmg. like 50 or something would be enough to make them not feel like complete paper… more like cardboard

Then just play torb instead, may be that will be the answer to your dumb question.

This is the most hilarious quote I’ve ever seen lmao

I’ll save it

Can confirm as a longtime Sym main, this is NOT the case. 1 vs. 30 health is the difference between D.Va tickling your entire nest down from halfway across the map and enemies actually having to look up for more than .1 seconds to dispatch your turrets. It’s still not great (even 35 health would be an improvement), but it’s definitely not as dire as it once was.

1 Like

U know Sym turrets have other features, slow effect , can be place it anywhere floor wall ceiling , can throw it from really far distance , + u have 3 of them .
Sym turrets and Torb turret are just different.

As with other very annoying heroes like bastion and sombra, symm would need a complete rework for them to let themselves make her viable. Pretty obvious they keep the most annoying heroes at the bottom. And I pretty much agree with their choices. Bastion and Doom are much better in OW2 and so can be viable. Sombra is just as annoying in OW2, if not more so.

He’s turret has a low CD that he keeps it up almost 100% of the time :upside_down_face:

I agree there are some perks Sym turrets should get that Torb has. For one, repositioning torb turret is 5sec cooldown when not firing at something. When firing or destroyed its 10sec.

The DPS out of torb turret is hitscan, for 40m, with 56 dps. Sym turret is up to three, with a slow effect, and like 10m?, and 50dmg each. Sym turret does more damage, but is more effective at closing off hard to reach spots. The only buff i’d give her turret is maybe like 35hp and -1 or -2 sec cooldown. This way people can’t destroy the whole bunch with only one melee.

there’s multiple of them, theyre smaller, can be placed in more areas and more easily hidden can potentially have a lot more combined dps, and has slowing properties, torb turret has health and range to make up for this, there’s some other downsides/upsides to both of them for these treats besides the differences but that’s generally why

additionally the 30 health is a major difference from 1hp in how they interact with what was some of the deadliest destroyers of her nests, it still isn’t the greatest but its leagues above 1 hp that allowed dva and other shotgun characters to snipe them from miles away and destroy the nest without ever getting close

1 Like

The Genji mains would go ape :poop:

I remember the threads complaining that the Sym turrets couldn’t be killed by one shuriken and that was the justification for both 30 damage shuriken (which messes with ALL the breakpoints) AND weaker turrets. :laughing:

1. Sym’s turrets can be easily placed at a much larger variety of spots than Torb’s.
  2. Comparing Sym’s turrets to Torb’s turrets would be like comparing Reaper’s gun to Ashe’s gun. If you just compare a weapon to another weapon, you’re not gonna see balance. A valid comparison would be one hero to another, including their roles and their entire kit.
  3. Turrets are the worst part of the game. It’s AI, it does all of the aiming for you, it never misses, it takes exactly zero skill. You get kills by literally doing nothing. I can’t imagine using a turret. I would literally be embarrassed to use a turret.

syms turrets are beastly. Placing all three in a doorway still kills the squishy.