Why does Shatter go OVER the payload?

It used to be stopped by any type of elevation. Even small curbs and steps. This made the ult incredibly uncertain to use and often did not travel across the ground where it should have done.

So now the ult also covers a bit above the ground as well, so if a Pharah uses her jets, she can still get caught if shes not high enough in time. While annoying, it is a massive improvement. Rines ult has been one of the buggest things in OW.

Reinhardt’s shatter used to get blocked by the payload. A long time ago. It was buffed to travel over the payload, so if you’re standing on it, you’re going to get hit by it.

I’m surprised with how quickly everyone has forgotten this. It even clearly stated in the patch notes.

4 Likes

What if you could dodge Shatter by jumping? :thinking:

1 Like

Because the visual is a lie. Earth shatter is a shockwave that travels through the air. Either the engine is too limited to make a 3d shockwave handle right. Or they’re lazy to program the effect. And just did the floor crack that gets blocked by shields above the surface.

1 Like
Actually, it's both.

I’ll leave this here. Obviously, check Reinhardt. Before then, the shatter did not go over the payload.

4 Likes

shatters in payload are so weird
sometimes it will go under it and even hit people behind shields, other times the payload just blocks it completely

1 Like

Shatter physics are BS. I was wallriding on the arch on Dorado point A and got shattered from the street. Payload wasn’t under me, I just got shattered 10 feet in the air.

I also got shattered through a pillar in Oasis (although admittedly I wasn’t 10 feet in the air this time, but still).

I think it’s about the high, even if you are flying above it you will get stunned.

There’s most likely a shockwave from the epicenter of impact that causes things above the ground to be effected. I think the thing that doesnt make sense isnt that the Heroes over the payload are effected, but rather, that Heroes behind Rien arent…

But then again this is Overwatch, it literally has a giant gorilla that jumps around on jet boosters that speaks fluent english. What does logic and science have to do with anything here?

Haha true I will just assume it’s not gonna change. They can’t fix the bugs or noobhunter will go out of business. Haha getting paid to show daily bugs in OW. So consistent you can post content twice daily.

Tossin’ orbs under the payload

Shatter literally bends going around corners, its very buggy.

This used to bother me, then I realized it would be apocalyptically bad if it didn’t.

But, you got outplayed. What really makes that different than Zarya activating her bubble?

It also breaks LOS because a tuna can was in a weird position when you shattered and the entire enemy team apparently was behind that tuna can.

Regarding OP, it shatters the ground but the effect is a “shockwave” that comes from the ground. Doesnt take like 20 mt up in the air, but takes like 2 mt (or 6 feet for you NA players).

Like POW from Mario Kart!

It is able to climb up 2 metre inclines within it’s cone, as long as there isn’t too large of a climb

So on Junkertown last, you are actually able to shatter people standing ontop of the turbine from the bottom if you use the broken mechs, because of their geometry, allowing the Earthshatter to climb up different 2 metre “walls”

So as an example; on Lijiang Garden, you can’t shatter people on the other side of the point because the little walls on that middle pillar are higher than 2 metres not allowing the shatter to climb anything over it. If you were Lucio riding on the wall, it would hit you, but not be able to climb up and over it

This. Jesus, so much this.

Rein shatters the GROUND.

As Brig, when a Rein shatters and I’m on the payload to try and stun him so he can’t take advantage of the shatter as much as normal, sometimes as he shatters I jump OFF the payload and MID JUMP (so about a foot off of the payload, which is already off the ground itself) I get affected by the shatter.

Rein’s kit is extremely buggy. The hitbox on shatter is awfully designed and for his charge, well, there was a time today where he literally hit my toe (Sigma) and got me in a pin but other times you can literally be in a hallway with him, jump off his wholder with a little height and avoid pin.

It’s broken and these changes should be streamlined for Rein to be a more consistent character.

Want nerfs? FIX him.

You think Shatter is buggy now??

Back in the day half the payloads either fully blocked it, or did nothing to it

You couldn’t shatter people pressed against walls or corners where they meet the floor

Some characters could literally just jump out of shatter because of their slender lowerhalf hitboxes (Like Widowmaker)

Pin has and always will be buggy simply because that is the nature of FPS online games, that don’t show other players pings