Why does random heroes always stay?

I can see how it appeals to some people, I just find it hard to believe that it is the most popular. Maybe the poll Jeff showed everyone was an internal poll; I definitely didn’t participate in such a poll.

Honestly I don’t like any of the arcade modes rn lel

I used to love this game mode… then every game I played the enemy team would get multiple healers and tanks while my team got our sixth torb. On top of that, the “mystery” of who I’d get to play in mystery heroes ended up being the same 3 heroes over and over again. Idk how people find this mode fun after playing it more than a couple times anymore. You play it to expand your hero pool but that can’t really happen when you end up getting stomped by the enemy and their 2 Bastions, 2 Orisas and 2 Mercys.

it’s my second favorite arcade mode next to no limits but that mode usually turns into spamcitymemewatch

I don’t like it either… but it’s at least a lot better than its alternatives. Does anyone actually enjoy low gravity?

The poll was on the forum (link below), indecently it is my fav mode, not that i think it is perfect, more best of an ordinary bunch

It’s good for newer players who are trying to learn a bunch of heroes at once. It’s actually a really good way to get into the game, but it’s not fun for anyone who’s played for a while.

It is hands-down the best mode for learning how to play and fight against every hero. If nothing else, it’s great for learning how to not die.

If only it had a ‘one of each hero per team’ rule…

i can understand why some people like it, but even i dont like it that much and i can literally play every hero in the game. i think its just a little TOO random, the games are less about skill and more which team actually gets a balanced comp

If this is about Mystery Heroes it’s one of my favorite modes. I pick it over Quickplay every time. If I need to practice a hero I play FFA. If I want to play a real game I play competitive. If I want to have fun I play Mystery Heroes.

1 Like

I wish they had let you vote for your top 3 for that. I really like low gravity, it’s my second favorite next to total mayhem, so it’s sad to see it dead last.

well you also got to look at what other mode they can put there.
most of the other option are trash.

deathmatch is bad (steal kills and op heros)
total mayhem is alright but zarya is like always needed (so good if you want to practice your tracking with zarya)
elim is ok but people cant flex so sometimes its bad.

they should do like a (cod mosh pit) game mode where it groups everything in that mode and each game is a different mode. 1 game could be mystery heros, the next could be deathmatch, and you can even bring back those old modes like only soldier (20 hp) and the pharah mercy thing.

So, I do love this game mode and play it regularly. But I really understand the aspects to it that can be frustrating for some people, and enough for others to say they hate it all together.

It is a mode based around trying to win within the chaos of random chance. This means the more you play, the bigger your hero pool should ideally get. In a game about being able to strategically switch heros, this mode is the best practice for that. If you are a one trick you probably avoid this mode entirely.

1 Like

You don’t speak for all veterans of the game. I’m about to get a 5th silver star, 300 hours in Mystery Heroes alone, and I still find it to be the most fun mode in Overwatch. Low stress, toxicity free, tryhards generally avoid it. It’s awesome.

4 Likes

I wonder if you’re the momo I keep seeing, then. :thinking:

It’s the one gamemode where you’re rewarded for being a flex player…

2 Likes

It’s fun, apart from when you have to play uprising every match.

It’s really the only game mode I play besides competitive. It’s sometimes challenging breaking unbreakable comps and it’s almost always a blast playing mystery heroes even when I lose. It’s not for everyone but if you want to have fun and don’t mind challenges it’s a great game mode. I hope they never change it and it should always stay in arcade.

2 Likes

It’s not without its faults but its fun and still better then QP

I’ve never met one person who actually enjoys the game mode.
“What do we got? Let’s see…a sym, two reapers, a tracer, a torbjorn, and dva.
What do they have? 3 Bastions, 2 Dvas, one Zarya”

GG EZ