Why does Pharah have the Raptora suit?

Where did it come from? Why is she the only one in her squad that has it? Who built it and gave it to her? or did she build it herself? What does she need it for? This has always perplexed me…

Mission Statement, Pharah’s standalone comic, shows that her entire squad controls customized versions of the Raptora suit, presumably all based off of and optimized from the prototype she wore as a security chief. Helix Security International, Pharah’s employer following her Egyptian Armed Forces career, has been developing and upkeeping the suit ever since they started taking a larger role as a private security form.

Helix has been compared to Overwatch, and likely uses many of their tactics. The unconventional approach they take to combat- such as aerial bombardment exoskeletons- is modeled after this. Acquiring funding from the United Nations has probably increased their ability to manufacture Raptora suits.

6 Likes

Helix Securities were responsible for creating the Raptora suit Mark VI. We hear in a voice interaction that Torbjorn seems to have an in depth knowledge about it, so someone he knows could be involved on developing it, or it could be a continuation of an ow project, because we know that Helix is responsible of taking care of old ow facilities.

It seems that her teammates are also using a version of the Raptora suit, because if you pay attention it looks like her Security Chief skin. Why she is the only one that has a custom version one we don’t know. I attribute it to story inconsistency, her character story seems to have went through changes pretty late on development, with a lot of things being removed and some fixes.

2 Likes

Also adding onto the very great and insightful posts above this, Captain Khalid has a suit that is exactly like Pharah’s, but gray.

1 Like

As the others are saying, her squad had suits too. As for why hers is better and customized, she’s the leader, and a higher rank comes with perks.

2 Likes

But she wasnt the leader or captain during the comic, right?

1 Like

No, they call her captain and she’s leading the mission.

She was a lieutenant at the start and then when Khalil died she got promoted to Captain (I’m assuming)?

But either way she was already lieutenant and she even gave them orders so she was of a higher rank

1 Like