Why does off season keep getting shorter and shorter

while no changes are made or even tested to the competitive game mode?

i have no idea but you just remembered to me that i haven’t done any placement matches yet and there’s 2 day left omg

Time to do placements for those competitive points then :ok_man:

Because the off-season is horrible.

1 Like

Off season is going to be shorter? I didn’t see anything about that?

1 Like

O.o

Whaaaat?

Well, okay then. Guess I better get finishing leveling this account.

probably cuz blizzard realizes that player count drops significantly during off season cuz that the main reason most people play.

1 Like

if the off season is so short and the season isnt that long anyway why don they just make them longer. theyre starting to feel arbitrary to me at this point.

make them twice or even thrice as long then that way each season feels more special especially if they time it with a content drop. right now theyre all so close together we started this year on season 8 now were ending it on 14? 6 seasons in a year?

take rainbow 6 siege and theyre seasons they only have 4 a year but each new season comes with 2 new ops, a new map, a truckload worth of balance changes and fixes, new cosmetics

1 Like

Better question, why have a 2 hour off season when you could just have no off season?.

They’re probably seeing lower player numbers during off season and they can’t have that otherwise it’s less :moneybag::moneybag: from the investors.

Likely the system has to sort out all players, readjust and loosen their uncertainty ratings, and then issue the correct sprays/icons/cp to those who have earned them. The two hour downtime is basically just a two hour maintenance on the competitive system.

Why is that likely? .

Because that’s what happens in between seasons already. The time it takes for the system to do that probably is in the realm of 90 minutes, hence the two hour downtime. No idea why they added a couple days to it previously.

Yeah I’m saying do you have any reason to believe this or are you just proposing an explanation?.

Both. Since this is what the system already does (we know that it loosens uncertainty and calculates rank rewards in between seasons), chances are this is why there is a 2 hour downtime instead of no downtime at all.

Where can I read this from the horses mouth?