Why does FTH need to do 300 damage?

Genuinely Curious.
Why does flash fth melee combo needs to do 355 damage or when mercy damage boosted or zen discord it does 461 damage.

Why is that in the game as something he can do every reload and the recoil is very forgiving against shields and tanks.

Why is mccree a tank buster is what i guessing what im fundamentally asking.
Why does mccree get to have 6sec roll that reloads that he can even use mid air with a fantastic primary fire and a secondary that shreds tanks from a pretty good distance and has one of the fastest charging dps ults in the game that hard zones, gets kills or refreshes reload again.

Why is mccree allowed to do all of these things but bastion primary still has rng on his shots, cant heal between switching modes, and his ult is a glorified pharah rocket that does 205 damage still not enough to kill a cree that most bastions use to just boop themselves to higher ground meanwhile we have mcfly able to do that every 6 seconds.

why was rng not good for soldier primary that they had to rework the way his gun works but its fine for bastion. why does soldier get further falloff than a freakin sentry turret.

Im tired of hearing “wait 2 more years for overwatch 2 so i can play my fav hero.” does tweaking bastion to atleast make him PLAYABLE require a whole a$$ dev team working 9-5 to get rid off rng in bastion primary? to increase his armor to health ratio???

This is honestly ridiculous. Never really felt this way about a character before in a video game its almost as if the devs actively don’t want you playing him. Im a huge fighting game fan and devs yeah usually have favs and may go crazy on buffs and nerfs but usually at some point EVERY character has a chance to be semi-viable to an extent but overwatch literally created bastion and basically never touched him again meanwhile we’re gonna get a new exp patch that i willing to bet $500 doesn’t have any real bastion changes beside maybe 125/125 health armor and maybe reduce ult cost by 5%.

54 Likes

because his fall off is bad now

soldier is better dps, and burst than current mcree

the only thing good on mcree compared to soldier are his fan FTH

everything else i rather play soldier

soldier is faster, better dps, better shield break, consistent damage, better sustain, i reach high ground faster and actually benefit from it, since with mcree with his fall off c hange u cant really play mid range high ground that much

5 Likes

Cassidy’s kit is very focused on his gun, which while it does do a good deal of damage, has very little ammo

It’s hard for him to fight tanks without fan once they get close because unless he’s landing all headshots then he probably isn’t going to be able to fend off a tank before getting squashed

7 Likes

Reaper can deal 366 damage in 3 bodyshots

2 Likes

are you a reaper player.
what are your thoughts on the reaper changes that they did to make the spread go a bit further but in turn sorta nerf the frontline damage reaper could do?

Once im done with my bastion and mei playthrough i think i might give reaper a try next.

holdover mechanic from 2016 when the game was primarily designed around being “fun”
the damage needs to be adjusted on fth and the size of flash’s hitbox needs to be toned down as well.

2 Likes

yeah if he’s hugging you, and it’s still longer kill time than FTH

18 Likes

Cassidy puts himself at substantial risk to pull off a FTH kill. It’s even shorter range than Flashbang, and he has very little escape, especially if he rolls to approach. That’s why the reward has to justify the risk.

6 Likes

Its also less expensive. You do not need to reload or use abilities, and you have multiple options to escape should things go wrong.

5 Likes

He’s not. If he’s standing close enough to tanks where FTH does anything then he’s the easiest kill in the game.

Ah yes, forums always try to make heroes sound good on paper by listing abilities and using adjectives to fit OP narratives rather than reality.
His roll is 6 seconds because it moves him a whole 6m, the distance a character can move in a second. Plus he is still vulnerable while rolling and has the 3rd biggest hitbox of all DPS (and supports).
His gun only has 6 bullets, shoots 2 per second, and reloads at 1.5 seconds. That means you actually spend 33% of the time playing the character reloading. Amazing! Also with a 20m falloff. Wow so far so amazing!
Ah yes, the OP ultimate that reloads. Blizzard really outdid themselves there. Reloading is so OP people cancel his ultimate rather than light up like a Christmas tree, get rooted, and die before they can finish his voice line. :rofl:

He doesn’t. It’s the same.

They don’t. Pirate ship and bunker metas are not fun. That’s why he’s being reworked.

5 Likes

How much damage do you think it should do?

The answer really depends on if the devs orignally created FtH as a defensive ability or offensive ability.

Personally it looked like 100% defensive.

curious if someone tried doing a climb with just fth…

No reason at all. People have been complaining about the terribly - designed, low skill - high reward mess that is Fan the Hammer for years now.

It became a problem after it got buffed to ridiculous levels years ago. It has been rightfully nerfed in the meantime, however it shouldn’t in any way deal more than 40 DPS per shot.

1 Like

it was 45 and he considered trash tier even with machine gun left click

there a reason they buff it from 45 to 50

2 Likes

Wait are you MrNegotiator? (Genuine question)

It was actually buffed directly from 40 to 55 DPS, which needless to say was completely nonsensical as they nerfed in to 45 after a few months.

Evidently, even that’s too much.

Actually, the initial buff was to 55, lasted about 4 months lol. In a way I’m surprised it took so long to nerf, but then again, I’m not surprised at the same time lmao.

2 Likes

there never a thing when it went below 45

it was 70 and can headshot, to 70 no headshot to 45, to 55, to 50

6 Likes

Same reason Storm Arrow needs to do 70 damage and ricochet

And that reason, well I don’t know why

5 Likes