Why does everyone think a "Big Suprise" is coming up?

two factors:

• sensationalism, people WANT a big surprise, so they will make the “little surprise” into a big one in their heads, because of wishful thinking. in the same vein, news sites abuse this to make clickbait titles.
  • LAST year, the devs said something like “there will be major new stuff in 2019” so that is also something that a lot of people talk about, which is independent from jeffs recent post

i wouldn’t even be surprised at this point :wink:

I’m increasingly beginning to understand why Valve doesn’t talk about their games. You know. Back when they still made games.

Why is it that so many “journalists” for gaming are no better than random troll-posters on a forum for accuracy or integrity? Some get it right, but clearly plenty get away with such nonsense over and over again.

I think it’s time we changed our tactics, we need to stop blaming “gaming journalists” there are a lot of bad journalists out there but there are some good ones. As long as we keep saying they’re all bad and not naming and shaming specifically bad sites and individuals, nothing will change. As the smear is on everyone, there’s no pressure to change.

Oh… but we can’t do that “that’s a witch hunt” to say a professional serving the public is bad would be… somehow wrong. You can only single them out to say they are good.

Again, fear of unreasonable criticism has a chilling effect against legitimate and necessary criticism.

It’s been too long since the last “new exciting content drop”. Especially for hardcore fans who went from waiting for new exciting content to doubting if they’re gonna get any.

Because no one was expecting Overwatch would go mobile-only with the next patch.

“You all have smart phones, right?”

first off no there ins’t. and even if there is everyone keeps talking talking about a suprise next week and the articles are sourcing the quote that says “little surprise”

no there isn’t unless you can source it than your lying.

then why are all the articles talking about the balance patch that jeff recently announced and used the word “suprise”. jeff only used the world suprise recently and he said "little suprise:

Wow, why are you so mad ? Is it that insuferable to know that some people on the planet are hyping for something ? Lol. The only people I’ve seen linking articles quoting the “little surprise” are the ones like you raging over other people’s excitement.

3 Likes

This is why people are wondering

Replays? Role queue? Draft mode? Post game stats for all? A larger avoid list? Clans? That’s what would get me hyped.

1 Like

because if that “little surprise” ends up actually being little people are gonna get mad at jeff kaplan for “getting their hopes up” even though everyone else is raising up like it’ll be a huge update. jeff already said that when he announced a ptr patch and it was late everyone flipped out over him. imagine what will happen when everyone gets mad at for something he didn’t even say.

You do know people use “little surprise” as a double speak right? Like saying “Have a little sugar with your coffee” when someone puts half a bowl of sugar in it.

2 Likes

i will gladly refer you to the first part of my post, which you forgot to quote as well:

the end.
have a nice day.

1 Like

Rock/Paper/Scissors added to eliminate Draws.

2 Likes

Hmm new skins perhaps ?

B.O.B would be Broly and Ashe Chirai

I am referring to new Dragon Ball movie

After not getting anything substantial a few weeks, something that we can call “new”, even the smaller and insignificant surprise is big at this point. I’m expecting something, not something big.

You made my day xD

Don’t worry. After a year of dry content and the soon to begin OWL season 2 we don’t expect anything big or even small.
For record here a list of things missing in this game : - Role Q

• better matchmaking
  • lore
  • a big number of bug
  • original game mode

If it was something big it would have come with a dev update…

It’ll be something small and forums are going to be disappointed (as usual)

It won’t be a new character or map or even gane mode…I’m hoping it’s another mercy/dva mini event type deal

Do you think Soldier 76 having once a gay love was the little surprise? Or was the real surprise that so many acted like such childish homophobes over this.

Also fun to see so many going “nope, he’s not gay… he can’t be gay… they’re just really really good friends. Who have to stop being friends when one of them gets married”

nailed it!