Why does Bliz just not care about Bastion?

This just proves you’re hardly an authority in good game play or balance.

Anyone that hits shift and then tries to stay airborne at all times is doomed to get shot down.

Unless they’re in low tier, then they’re doomed to farm until they’re in a high enough tier to get shot down.

Her strength is that she can peak-a-boo OVER cover and go anywhere she wants. Most people don’t think of it in this way though. Instead, they take it to the most simplistic level, paragraph 2. Blizzard giving players the chance to stay airborne 100% of the time only facilitated this bad mentality. She needed the better vertical lift, but staying airborne not so much. Then she fell victim to people blaming the hero, not themselves. Instead of changing their approach, they just assumed if she’s dead staying in the air, then she’s no longer useful.

Same problem with Bastion - people take his Sentry form as high into ranks as it will go, then when it stops working, they abandon the hero whole sale. To their credit, 76 is more than just a substitute, but there’s no replacement for Pharah.

1 Like

Because bastion is to hot for them

It’s not an issue of whether or not he is objectively OP, he’s a garbage character and we all know it, it’s an issue of the character being horrifically unfun to play against in a disorganized, low tier environment.

Think of it along the same lines of the Sombra nerf, the character wasn’t really proving to be much of an issue, but people hate Hack so much that Blizzard brings down the hammer on it. Bastion is kind of like that for a lot of the lower player base.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Summary of what he said: You should be not flying most of the game as Pharah, and not in sentry mode most of the game as Bastion.

… (Chuckles)

2 Likes

Staying on the ground is equally bad. There’s a difference between dodging some damage and almost never using sentry.

gold and above he doesn’t even have a 1% pickrate. He’s being dropped way before “high ranks”

3 Likes

I’m going to assume you’re responding to the wrong person here.

Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.

At that point I lose all sympathy for the person losing to it. You’ve literally just said they’re very bad and they have no teamplay. They deserve to die to it. To put it extremely bluntly, they’re bad, we shouldn’t cater to that. If Bastion’s own team is organized enough to play around him the enemy team is equally able to organize against it and yet they don’t.

He is dropped in gold. This goes both ways. Gold isn’t “high ranks”

Am I the only bastion player here who feels like Ganymede is getting left out? He only shows up in 1 Highlight Intro, 2 Emotes, and the Victory Poses(sprays don’t count) and yet they went so far as to give Ganymede different sounds based on what kind of bird he is, #ganymedeneedssomelove

In a disorganized low tier environment he rarely shows up.

Because he takes more organized play to make function then they got down there. Despite his power against such low tier play he only sees a 2% pickrate at most. Usually its 1%.

At the level of play where people are organized enough he gets one shot on payload maps. Cause once he is displaced it becomes incredibly difficult to re-establish him on the payload and keep him on the payload. So most of the time if that one shot fails then he gets dropped for someone else.

1 Like

And now the thread dies, with not a single glance from a Blizzard employee, and not a bit of a chance to make any difference. Sigh

6 Likes

Hey don’t be that way, I know a place you can go to cheer up, it’s a little thread called “I Love You All… :heart:” started by JellyBean, it’s somewhere you can go to just chill and cheer up

Ultimately I think Torb is in a better spot then Bastion.

I have a really tough time playing bastion, but I pull out full holds with Torb.

I think its a tough challenge to make bastion a good hero.

Without like a full rework, buffing him in any way would make Bastion way too strong

He’s already strong on pirate ship and making him so he can play that well without pirate ship while keeping everything else would completely break him and make him the best hero in the game

not reallllly

also being able to do a cheese strat on a single map isn’t “very good” neither is being the third least picked in owl and the lowest pickrate on the ranked ladder

get bastion to a point where the hero isn’t considered a troll pick, the current situation is unacceptable.

also bastion has a 48% winrate in bronze where you also get the highest pickrate!!! lol…

the winrate goes up as you go up in tiers but the pickrate goes down, id guess because people only use bastion for “pirate ship” and thats it

overbuff has all these stats

I guess it’s official.

Even with threads like this, They just won’t give Responses. :confused:

Guess i’ll go play Minceraft for a while.
At least it has a story, And frequent updates.
Crazy cool for a ten year old Battle Royal game.

WAIT.

They’re buffing them because as far as I’ve seen no bastion player is being reported simply for playing a character.

I only know about hanzo and that they changed him to make him more consistent, and from what I’ve read from junk players the initial changes to junk were to do the same.

Buff him, buff him now, I want my cute minigun to be great again! I’m not being sarcastic I actually want bastion buffed

2 Likes

Or just buffing his spread.

I can guarantee this has happened to me Multiple times.

That makes two of us.
All two of us. ;-;

1 Like

Make posts about it, symm and torb players make a lot of posts saying they’ve been reported/banned falsely otherwise I would have known that bastion players have the same thing happening to them but I don’t see posts like that pop up so I don’t get that impression and neither would blizzard