Why do you keep playing still?

Its so obvious it wont approve and same complaining every time. What are you expecting? Like really? Havent played beta as idc nor have alot of interest. Rarely i mighy hop on. I been enjoying dead by daylight and wwe 2k22 online.

1 Like

I played one match several days ago and never came back. I did play it, there’s just nothing to hook me

why do people play? because there is no other game to fill this ones shoes.
what other options for hero shooters do we have? paladins? tf2?
paladins plays completely different, heavily movement based last time I played but not movement in a tech way more like literally everyone can fly across the map.
tf2 is just kinda dead of you want to play ranked. casual is fine but unless you’re the type of person to only play qp then it isnt going to have the same appeal.

as soon as there is a comparable hero shooter that can actually compete, half the player base will leave with the hopes that the new games devs wont be so incompetent.

7 Likes

I actually enjoy the game lol

Edit: Granted its not the only game i play
Its one of the bigger time sinks, along with something like… guilty gear. Fighting games are probably my bigger time sink in recent days
But I also play R6 a significant amount, and a bunch of single player games

3 Likes

I predict later a similar style game will come out eventually. Other companies can see OW popularity and the issues not being addressed.
It be nice if there was a similar style to it.

Season 1 to 8 comp to me was the best time to play because everyone was so into it plus coming up with new comp strategies and barely any leaver/thrower.

1 Like

There’s a lot to enjoy about Overwatch. The heroes are super appealing and fun, the visuals are drop-dead gorgeous and no game has ever been able to replicate or out-do it, even the ones inspired by it and there really isn’t any other game out there doing the same things or with the same level of polish.

OW’s potential is obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes and everyone just wishes the game, eventually, will live up to that. We fell in love with the game we got sold on, but that’s also kind of the issue: we paid for this mess, and by the time it was starting to get good, it got really bad and the game was abandoned. It never reached the point of satisfaction we were all hoping for, we got maybe a good year and another half-decent one and that was it. Everyone is just full on hopium, wishing that the game they see the potential of and payed a good amount of money for, will eventually live up to it’s 6 year-long expectations and promises.

Overwatch was revolutionary, and in a lot of ways it still is. A lot of games came and went trying to replicate it’s formula or charisma, but all failed. Like, every time I see a video or a screenshot, or something new gets added, or a new character gets announced and so on and so forth, I get super excited and really want to play, it’s just a beautiful world with a colorful cast of characters and different from anything out there that you just want to be there. And you actually bought it, so you have it, you can do that! But when you eventually open up the game, it’s flaws and glaring issues are very hard to ignore and you’re left disappointed and just not having the slightest bit of fun despite all the pretty colors on the screen.

1 Like

100%, the issue is that most companies dont have blizzard money. they would essentially be making a game to be a spiritual successor to what is kind of a failed game. how would they pitch it?
ideally a company like riot would notice the fact that the only reason this game failed was due to poor management and decide to throw money at a team to take blizzards place in the hero shooter market.

honestly, balance aside, playing the game while it was actively being worked on was great. they made some horrid decisions though and you can only make so many before people give up.

I second this. There is no replacement. And I’ve been looking. Hard. Valorent is too slow for me. Cs go is not my style. Warzone and apex is I’m not battle royal player. There really is nothing like overwatch. At the same time i hate this game every time i play it…

1 Like

So you don’t see any better use of your time than playing a game you hate?

1 Like

Valorant hahahaha. I agree and its overhyped so much. If any Resident Evil fans the remake got upgraded plus village dlc shadow of the rose.

To save overwatch i mentioned before it needs to be a subscription monthly and that will rid of many spam players.

Mostly force of habit now, and because halo runs like <60FPS until I get a new gen graphics card.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I forgot about HALO. That be a possible pc online for me

1 Like

because I’m a junky. The devs created an addictive game

1 Like

because killing tracer with a hammer is so satisfying

Dopamine rush, and hope that I’ll get matched in the 1 in 10 good match that is close.

Because its an actually good and fun game, and I love improving myself to reach my peak and more.

End of last season I was at my Tank Peak 4300 SR and still had over 70% winrate, sadly didnt have the time to continue playing =[

They’d pitch it as a genre with a lot of potential if handled correctly. Failed games in a given genre don’t cancel further exploration in the genre. There are countless examples.

Particularly if that company had access to an existing IP that people loved like Star Wars or Marvel.

Just letting the game stagnate was a truly incredible decision. It means that a ton of the game’s most dedicated players would get burned out on the same repetitive experience until OW1 lost all of its magic (like a great song heard too many times), stunting or zeroing out their enthusiasm for OW2. I’ll never understand it.

I don’t. Instead I ruck march and deadlift. I recommend you quit the game too. Its really not worth your time.

Give me some examples.
Game companies are businesses. Most businesses prefer a guareneed solid income source than what they see as a gamble.
If they do go with the gamble, it’s with a much smaller budget.

Good thing you come back here to let us know