Why Do You Have A Backbone For The Wrong Reasons? [MEGA-THREAD] (Updated 7/20/18)

Sounds good, wish blizzard would reply

You know its bad when I see post on the forums saying a character who is able to anti-heal would be great for the game. They’re probably new players and don’t even realize there’s a character like that already in the game but she’s been so bad for so long they didn’t even know it existed.

The devs realized that skill hasn’t been up there lately which is why Hammond is designed the way he is which is skilled based but seriously when is something going to be officially done properly for Ana because she has nothing really going for her because of all the constant indirect nerfs and that her kit was completely gutted.

Everything in her kit took a hit besides clip size while Mercy had everything given to her…

I feel like there should be a healing-reducer as a hero, but keep anti-heal unique to Ana’s kit.
Also, what do you feel about the most recent Ana change?

The thing about Ana’s changes are ok. They all come of as QoL but Ana’s weaknesses need to be addressed I made a post about how bad her indirect nerfs are with all the nerfs she received on top of it.

Makes sense. I think people tend to not realize the loss of synergy and survivability that Ana suffered due to the Lucio 2.0 update, as well as all the other changes. That is why people tend to associate Ana exclusively with Triple Tank. I feel she needs some tone down to her weaknesses, as buffing exclusively her strengths (especially BioNade) may end up making her an edge case similar to Doomfist; either you’re carrying, or throwing.

2 Likes

Yeah a lot of people really don’t realize it. But they fear Triple Tank but you can’t really do that crap because of said changes like Junkrat or even Reaper to deal with too many tank comps. I feel better sustain is her best changes she can have I think she mostly needs reverts. I made a post about that as well but people fear Ana more than Mercy even though Mercy 2.0 original version was the most broken hero in Overwatch history and it shows she’s still a problem even after all the nerfs.

Amazing post OP, able to list out quotes and facts on Sombra and Ana really help justify how I felt dropping Ana and picking up Sombra.

I really hope some blizzard devs see this and it at least sparks a conversation on the subject.

Again, fantastic post!

1 Like

Thank you! I have over 300 hours on both of them and season after season Ana has gotten worse. Sombra started to fail after her changes putting her in a spot like Ana. I’ve been watching their decision making and its very questionable.

I’ve seen the interview with Seagull as well and that upset me

1 Like

Which interview? I don’t follow any of the pro streamer/ OWL stuff.

watch the video and skip to 1:09:00 you can see the chat spamming talk about Ana lol

1 Like

Sweet, phone battery is almost dead but ill give it a look once I get a charger. Thank you

1 Like

Have you seen the recent Ana change? I like it but it still doesn’t address her problem. I believe she needs self-healing more than mobility but…they keep refusing to fix only one weakness.

1 Like

I think the triple tank stigma scares them to buff her

Which makes no sense at all. Mercy 2.0 has proven why it makes no sense because of how much damage she’s done to the game. People may think I hate Mercy but c’mon now she’s been center problems for a lot of things right now.

Blizzard, less ego, and more back and forth feedback w/ community. If you make a mistake, or change your mind its fine if you were wrong at times.

If you listen to the players invested in the heroes they love and see their in-depth feedback while replying / capitlizing off it the game overall will become better. If you sit their and just have this ego mentality of going through with bad ideas the game just slowly fails and dies.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m seeing. I noticed people are getting more and more upset when skill keeps dropping in the game. That’s why people are so upset. Ana is affected by this the most. The only skill that gets its reward is Hanzo and Widowmaker and yes they’re getting nerf but they still did get buffs that helped their problem while Ana didn’t when being so bad.

If you help me bump my Ana thread from time to time with replys for others to reply / see, I will help you with your thread.

I do not like it when me or someone else puts a lot of work into a thread and it goes unnoticed. Then someone does not reply, and the thread just falls behind even though it has well made points.

1 Like

Sure thing I’ll help. Since we both want the same goal anyway. I have no problem helping. I do think this post did get a lot of notice though lol.

I agree, but the only way IMO to get a devs attention to force them to reply is if your constantly spamming the thread having it on the front page. If you let it fall behind, they will never reply.

When a thread is hyped up thats when it is most likely they will reply to it. It pisses me off that its controlled this way. About a likes system & spam system. That it cant just be, player gives feedback, and the developers don’t respond. Other games its way easier to get dev feedback with a less leech-like way.

Some feedback on your thoughts on Ana, along with the reasons you suggested for your QOL changes would be appreciated to discuss.

Ana unfair 80 dmg nerf + QOL changes

1 Like

Free bumps for a good thread.

2 Likes