Why do we have reporting for abusive chat and muting?!

yea i am salty becuz i got banned for abusive chat and i cant even appeal for the ban.

Seriously tho banning people for abusive chat is stupid. i understand chat bans and this is as far as it should get but banning from the game is just stupid specially when u can mute them.
on top of that what is abusive chat and what is not is different from one to another, also its just resources wasted into something that already have solution AKA “MUTE” rather than spending it on real problems like hackers.

2 Likes

Resource?
It’s automated.
If someone is toxic, they get banned.

1 Like

Honestly, I sort of agree, if you just mute them, problem solved. No need for a suspension. Then again, they suspend you for playing off-meta. So, I guess from the perspective of them actually dealing with toxicity, it makes some sense given that they target innocent players as well.

2 Likes

Don’t be toxic?

20 characters

3 Likes

The thing is, it takes away player time when they need to mute you and it lets you be offensive until that point.

Having an actual ban might actually deter your behavior. Do you honestly see yourself changing from a chat ban?

Plus, if players are actually trying to coordinate having someone that is chat banned in a match isn’t an asset.

2 Likes

I will mute them then I will report them, done. I just don’t want others to have to deal with someone so toxic on their team.

5 Likes
  1. Yes you can

2. The forums isn’t the place to do it

So maybe that when you get banned you think about your actions instead of saying “just mute me”.

when i try to appeal from the link i was provided it says : PAGE NOT FOUND.

Did you do something to get you reported?

You can try, but if it was through the easily-abused automated system where a group of a few trolls decided to report you, blizz doesn’t look into it at all.

“Abusive Chat” as a category is just misleading, it’s so unclear what could classify as abusive and what isn’t.

1 Like

Then you will have to mute everyone at the start of a match if there is no punishment for abusive chat.

Also afaik you get silenced if you are reported for that. Idk how bad it must be if you have got banned from playing.

Because snowflake lefties have Blizz by the PR balls

We’re just SOL. Welcome to the club :b

1 Like