Why Do We Block New Heroes from Competitive?

I’ve never understood this. All it does is make me avoid competitive so that I can play the real game. And it sucks because I really want to see how Ashe will perform in a truly competitive environment.

They dont want people who havent played her yet and might do lamentable, Practicing In comp.

9 Likes

People want to have some understanding of the hero and then meta before they start seeing them in COMP

What Duvie said. Also, it reinforces the “give me X hero/champion/God or I afk/troll/ruin your match” mentality even more.

1 Like

people need to adapt to new characters before they play in a competitive scenario so it makes sense why they lock them.

So because of that, people who have several hours of playtime on PTR and QP should be blocked? They could just put a 2 hour playtime test on her for one week.

1 Like

Because nothing actually happens on PTR and QP is the real playtest.

1 Like

I disagree. First of all, mirroring is allowed so it’s not unbalanced. Second, you never know how they will work in comp until you play it. QP is not a good estimation.

Also, the people who need to adapt can stay out of comp if they choose.

Yes I suppose that makes sense to me.

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

Or the people could just wait for the new hero to be released in comp.

Launching her into comp when people have never used or played against her destabilizes comp and creates horrible matches cause no one knows what is going on.

That is not what comp is suppose to be that is arcade and QP

1 Like

Wow. Thank you both. It’s not often you see people change their stances in the forums. It’s nice to see that some people are open to rethinking issues.

There’s nothing destabilizing about it for the people that have already gotten acquainted with her. People who have shouldn’t be punished because others didn’t do their homework.

The onus should be on the people who don’t want to play comp with a new hero to go practice with or around her in QP. It shouldn’t be on the people who already know the new hero and want to play comp to wait for other people to catch up.

Also, if people are playing comp without the new hero, how are they supposed to become familiar with her. If they are playing QP to become familiar with her, then they shouldn’t care if she’s played in comp.

1 Like

You are not being punished you have 2 more weeks to study most people don’t want to download the PTR.

So we are given a couple of weeks to do our homework on the live server

3 Likes

Exactly, you didn’t want to help test the new build on the PTR so now we are all punished with extra wait time on the hero. If you don’t want to go up against her on comp, the answer is simple: don’t play comp until you are ready. No hero block required.

Good you admit that playing the hero ahead of time is important.

That is the reason she doesn’t go straight to live. They want the general player base to get a feel for her before she goes live in comp.

The reality is they will do what is best for MOST over the player base over what is best for a select few of the player base.

1 Like

Oh good, then they will remove the blocks because the best solution for the whole player base is to let each person decide when they are ready to play against the new hero in comp. Glad we agree.

Except the general public does not agree with that.

People ASKED for them to be locked away at launch so blizzard started doing it.

You mean the select few on the forums?

The majority don’t play test on the PTR so it is pretty clear which group is bigger.

I feel like you are forgetting the whole console market that doesn’t have access to PTR.

I get that you’ve practiced with her in PTR and feel prepared to rank up with her in Comp vs all the other unprepared players. I enjoyed the PTR too… but in the end, everyone’s feelings aside, it makes more sense for them to ease everyone into the same playing field rather than cater to the hungry.

It doesn’t make sense to stack racers in a line based on who bothered to arrive first and it doesn’t make sense to give an advantage to us PTR players “just because we deserve it”.

But maybe that way of thinking is too nice and civil to be understood on the forums. Maybe all that matters is our forum’s #MeFirst movement :roll_eyes: