Why do people use melee so much

As a t500 in mei snowball offensive player, I don’t see why people melee so much when enemy is in point blank range
Like you have a gun it just makes no sense…

It’s fun…

10 Likes

It’s couse shoot punch is faster then shoot shoot. Also there is the reload part of it.

Because Doomfist would be nothing without his punches! Lol

6 Likes

Melee should do much more, like throw your aim off. But no, a McCree main’s aim is sacred and shouldn’t be disturbed.

1 Like

There is a competitive mei snow ball offensive mode? People melee to do finishing damage instead of reloading.

1 Like

Please let me live, I’m sorry I’m inferior XD

3 Likes

I main hanzo, a full charged body shot on tracer followed by a melee is enough to instantly kill her. Its an effective way to deal with close range targets especially since I wont always have the time to charge another arrow, a non charged shot also does about 5-10 in damage when I can just melee for a quick 25 hp in damage.

4 Likes

Its easy to hit, has no CD, hits instant, can cancel many animations and can get used during downtimes of weapons or abillitys

2 Likes

Squeezing out an extra 30 HP before reloading, I imagine.

2 Likes

The hurtbox of quick melee is basically the entire screen, so it’s impossible to miss, and if you just need to do 25 damage, there’s no reason to use something else at that kind of range that you can use it.

Because punching someone to death in game is funny.

3 Likes

Cuz melee requires no aim.
Why do you think genji and doomfist entire kit revolve around just overlapping their hit box with the enemy rather than actually shooting.

1 Like

Its because some heroes benefit from it since u have a timegap before a new action can start, and rather then doing nothing, u melee the enemy for extra burst damage, even if its 30dmg.

There was a great vid about it on reddit with Zarya as example: U can grav, rightclick melee, to get the maximum done without wasting this timegap for nothing.

If i find it, ill redirect it.

Smacking people brings great pleasure.
Example one:

Nearly impossible to miss
No ammo
No reloading
Can tack it onto the end of your ammo/magazine to “extend” your total potential damage before reloading

1 Like

Nothings more nonverbally tilting yet within Overwatch ToS than getting finished off by a melee

Omg you sound like those people who list every good thing about a hero to make them sound op lol

quick melee op

3 Likes

Doesn’t it function the same for everyone…!? 0_o

1 Like

Quick Melee has priority over EVERY SINGLE non-ultimate ability.

You just can’t pass that up!