Why do people think tanks are getting buffed? 5v5

if their team uses all their cool downs and abilities to stop a charge then their bad at the game

? a rein charges in and youre just gonna let him live? youre the one thats bad at a game. even in 6v6 counterpins are the instinct

no ofc iā€™d try to stop it, by using FB or shield bash. iā€™m sayign that you shouldnā€™t dump all your teams cc and abilities for one reinhardt that charged

1-2 should stop him at most

you arent that smart I listed 10 heroes and you think that they are all being played at the same time. the point is there are so many abilities that once they hit you in a 5v5 you are guaranteed to die. there is less room for mistakes in 5v5 than in 6v6 and there is no room for tank mistakes in 6v6

I do not see how you think there is no room for tank mistakes in 6 v 6, this is what makes shield deploy heroes so popular. Also, when it was good Dive allowed a ton of mistakes. Some kits are very bloated and it looks as if they are trimming but I do not agree with AndyB as Flanking be more strategist then it has already been for the pass 30 or so years in PC gaming.

The biggest reason to want shields is we need something to stop all the burst damage. Can widow and Hanzo still one shot? Are they still just as mobile as before?

It seems nothing was done about the AOE/one shots. You guys say you added more cover, but is there cover that protects more than a 90Ā° angle in the areaā€™s we NEED that protection (the point).

You added more cover except where it counts, I look at the game on youtube and the points are still wide open spaces, ripe for a rip tire, sniper bullet, or DVA ult. Now thereā€™s even less shields to protect against the stuff that actually matters.

DVA can still throw her bomb straight up and it still gives her odd angels over walls, are you guys going to add actually useful cover to the POINT, or will this game be reduced to saving your AOE non aiming instant kills just for point control because thereā€™s even less we can do about it now with the reduction of tanks, the tank role, shields, everything.

Where is the DAMAGE nerfs? Where is the insta kill nerfs? This game wonā€™t be any fun if playing tank or healer is the same as being someone elseā€™s fun battery.

They didnā€™t fix a single major issue with the game, they managed to make it worst in every single way possible. More DPS, less healing, more damage, less shields, healing sucks now. This game is not gonna make it.

It desperately needs to be slower if its going to be so blatantly unbalanced. You can have a nice fast paced game when everyone is the same character and guns are balanced by AMMO.

All you guys did was make a caste system out of players. You double downed instead of nerfing the hell out of damage THEN nerfing shields. Man what a crock

3 Likes

This place is still going? wow.

Tanks have always been one of the strongest roles and while I dread the role queue that has come into the game, I think if any good has come from it is that now there will be one less tank because even the devs said they have always done a lot of damage anyway, more than they prevent so having 2 of them is going to bring the damage down a lot anyway.

I donā€™t think Reinhardt needed a buff, if anything he couldve used a nerf to his damage output. I dont think they need to fix queue times, I just think they should get rid of role queue.

Now its clear that it wont be happening anytime soon but that doesnt change my opinion in that I think its the best way to have the game, and I resent the idea of going to 5v5 but thats also something that isnt going to change anytime soon.

Iā€™m not going to quit the game just because the developers are making decisions I disagree with because I can still voice my dissent and hopefully change that in some way, no matter how unlikely that chance is. I still enjoy the game, though not as much as before but this game still offered me something once upon a time that I enjoy and I can still hope for that same enjoyment I had to return in some way.

Enough people have quit and given up, I still havenā€™t burned out and still have some hope.

Things change and even if right now a lot of the changes that have been made and are being made I vehemently oppose, I have not given up that other changed can come along to change my opinion or alleviate the aspects of those changes I dislike.

Except supports, who are appearing to be the gameā€™s biggest afterthoughts. Brig seems to be turningbinto a DPS machine, but I worry about Lucio especially, as his primary strength is being given to all DPS as a passive, and he is gaining very little, making him EVEN MORE of a Rein accessory than he already is.

i think heā€™ll need damage reduction while dashing as well. In a game like this where you have to play more aggressive he needs a way to quickly close the gap and not be defenseless while doing it

This comment hits the nail on the head, every word of it. Iā€™d love to see a Blizzard reply to this.

1 Like

Yeaaaahhh !! Nice to read this

You got it. Ow community said this so many times, and, wellā€¦ Blizzard is kind of deaf.

Hey Silenthill long time no see :sweat_smile:

Always remember positivity is :key:
:ribbon::reminder_ribbon::ribbon:

. * snuggles the witch *