Why do people think apex legends will kill overwatch?

It doesnt have to kill OW, coz OW is killing himself perfectly fine.

1 Like

You basically summarized why I can’t stand to play all BR games, and the only other point I can see is Stylosa – who is probably just trying to make a quick buck because viewers are his revenue and the game is trending right now.

I don’t fault him for that, but most streamers admit they have fun with BR games for a few weeks then get bored with them. Not so long ago people said Black Ops 4 felt like an extremely fun and polished BR game (the exact same thing people are saying about Apex) and where is that now? :thinking:

Personally, I think the game is overhyped. However, with the way the game is (abilities, ultimate economy, teamwork, shielders, healers), it would appeal to other hero shooter players. It also has the same “level up, get lootbox” system too. If this does “kill overwatch,” we should see increased activity and changes from Overwatch… which is good for the playerbase.

I’ve intensely disliked every BR that’s ever been released, but Apex is a lot of fun to me and very well made. They did what other BR games have failed to do and correctly built the game around strong, consistent gunplay instead of gimmicky nonsense.

That said, it’s not a direct competitor of Overwatch’s because they aren’t similar other than that they’re both FPS games. I’ll just play both. Apex is really only directly competing with other BR games.

Personally, I think forum users are using Apex to tease developers into doing something. C’mon Blizzatd, do something.

They are bad, they’re all fuzzy and blurry, where as overwatch has really nothing blurry about them at all, they’re super clean and fresh. There’s nothing “subjective” about that. Not to mention you don’t get the smoothness of 144fps on apex.

Fair enough, but apparently not for this game.

Fair enough, though I know a lot of people would agree with me.

No I’m pretty sure it’s 1 ult, 1 passive, 1 ability.
Thats from my experience at least, maybe the paid legends get more idk.

Yeah, but when overwatch released it had, like 21 heroes.
It still had plenty of maps (I don’t know the exact maps)
It also had custom games
Brawls
Etc.
Apex has 1 game, 1 mode.

True, but overwatch technically has infinite game modes because of custom games, since you can create your own mode. I don’t understand anyone who would prefer one gamemode over what overwatch has to offer, I know some people like the BR of course, but it certainly doesn’t have anywhere near what overwatch has.

Welp my bad, you right, just ability that robot have as a passive is actualy something you activate… im not sure how that works.

Welp, you dont need to understand it, but you should also know that there was in past many not online games that didnt had more stuff like modes to swich, you play platfrom game, its forever platform game, with differend maps from time to time.

When you try to mask extreme fanboyism with a lot of words, you end up just telling lies.

At least their game will be alive and get constant updates

Lol I’m pretty sure they already have.
You have to pay for some legends, those legends are probably going to be OP lol

1 Like

This game doesn’t need any help to get killed, it does that on it’s own.

How?
I still enjoy the game a lot and I’m silver border with 1 star, played this game over 600 hours + custom games, and watched many videos about it. I don’t think this game is dying, it has issues though.

Apex will not kill OW. Blizzard has been doing it for the last year pretty efficiently.

Because it’s a popular game that’s working off of the hero shooter model and people are looking for an alternative now they are rapidly losing interest/confidence in Overwatch? Just a thought.

Activision would have done exactly the same with Overwatch if they hadn’t struck gold with lootboxes.
I guarantee you, the moment Overwatch inevitably ends up going free to play the finance department are going to jump on it like flies to a corpse and micro-charge the everliving crap out of it, because at the end of the day Activision are no different from EA or Ubisoft or all the other greedy AAA publishers out there.

1 Like

Not to take away from the message of this thread, but its a bit unfair to compare the two. For one, I think Apex has astounding graphics. Perhaps you had it on a lower setting? Secondly, Overwatch uses a much more cartoony style of graphics.

I’d say they’re both good in their respective genres.

1 Like

you sound a lot like me in 2017 when i was bitter about everyone playing pubg instead of overwatch but then i realized people are allowed enjoy different things lol anyway i think apex is fun shrug emoji

How do you kill something that is already dead anyway? OW is as dead as it can be and if 8min queue time (EU) in plat/diamond at prime time is not proof enough what then? over 50% of the qp matches cant even start because not enough people … it literally says it ingame “not enough players”.

Horible “balancing” killed the game already. Apex just takes the rest of the active players away from OW thats all.

Apex Legends is WAY better than Overwatch. Of course Overwatch is gonna have more maps, it’s a team based FPS, and Apex is a battle royale. And not only that, but Apex is gonna have more than 1 battle royale map.
Don’t say that Apex Legends is worse than Overwatch because there are less characters that have less abilites to use. The game LITERALLY just came out several days ago.
Also, i actually find Apex easier on the eyes than Overwatch. Overwatch has too much bright colors, some things just don’t mesh with each other. You can’t just put someone as brightly colored as Tracer or D.va in the middle of Junkertown and make it work.
And you can’t say it’s not good when EVERY major streamer is playing it. It’s just that good. Even XQC is playing Apex.
Overwatch actually has WAY more issues than Apex Legends even started with, yeah, Apex has server issues, but Overwatch has balancing issues that make the game unenjoyable.
If you really don’t like the game, and think it’s terrible…
just don’t play it lol
I bet you’re just not having a great time on it because you probably aren’t good enough

I think you are playing on a toaster if you think Apex looks bad. The game is objectively polished visually. Either the style doesn’t appeal to you or you are just being delusional and I am more willing to believe the ladder by your whole rant with no actual reasoning besides you just wanting to hate it. WANTING to.

2 Likes

Really? I thought the graphics were better than overwatch. It’s like a stylized halo, I rather enjoy it.

As far as the game being garbage, I disagree strongly.

As most people who have played the game have said, it will not destroy overwatch. Overwatch fan boys seem to be getting overly defensive about it. It’s a fun alternative to overwatch with a teamwork element without all the baggage overwatch comes with from having a dev team that has been underperforming.

Apex legends is just something to play to keep overwatch fresh when you do play it, but if overwatch dies, it’ll be entirely the dev teams fault. Blizzards stock isn’t dropping due to the decisions of other companies, that’s their choice. They’ve consistently not been listening to their playerbase in all of their major platforms.

Also, the damage output of the characters is all the same potential because you can swap out the weapons according to your playstyle. The abilities may be limited, but virtually any of the basic abilities can be combod and cohesively can meld together in any team comp by creativity. Maybe they only have 8 characters or so, but all of them are playable together. It’s not like overwatch where there are stagnant metas and rampant toxicity due to the thoughtfully placed limits on team comps and creative abilities.

1 Like