Why do people hate on sombra so much?

Really what’s wrong with sombra? Fitzy, Codey and I’m sure others who play her do just fine. She doesn’t really need a buff anywhere, maybe couple bugs need to be fix but other than that think sombra is strong pick even in todays meta. Hacks go a long way. well at least for me they do. I dunno wish sombra was more loved feel like the players made her toxic pick when she doesn’t need to be. Doesn’t matter what rank you’re if Sombra is hacking and the team is following up with those hack targets it almost as good as an ult wipe. #LOVESOMBRA<3

3 Likes

They all actively raise awareness of how she’s trash because of her bugs. They are literally game-breaking and awful that even Fitzy isn’t playing Sombra as much and is getting frustrated.

No one is asking for a straight buff. They are asking for them to FINALLY fix all of the bugs that make her trashier than she would be if her abilities worked as intended.

14 Likes

I don’t hate Sombra. Then again I never see anybody play her at all.

What are some of the bugs?

This is a much better list than I can compile. It has clips of the bugs, too.

3 Likes

In my experience, Sombra feels really heavy to play with.
Most Sombra players I have had on my team spend all their time by themselves, farming EMP, and then waste it.

The amount of heavy Sombra’s I have played with, is easily triple the amount of decent ones.

Codey if I am not mistaking, he stopped playing Overwatch for a while.

Fitzy Highlights the bugs that need to be fixed… as she is still bugged, even he has problems with her.

Anyways… it’s amusing that people are so blinded to say that she is FINE when indeed she is not just fine.

She has the lowest stats across all ranks. :broken_heart:

So yes, she needs attentions… Yes she needs her bugs fix, and yes she NEED SOME QoL Changes and/or Buffs.

4 Likes

Damn didn’t realize there was that many! I’ve only ran into maybe hand full of those. Tbh doubt they will be fixed, blizzard isn’t quick on fixing things played WoW for 10 years and they don’t really listen xd.

3 Likes

I’m a Sombra main on console and have been since Season 5, but truthfully Sombra simply can’t output the damage required of her DPS role right now. Yes, she can work if the enemies are running a super off meta comp but against Rein, Zarya, Triple Support, Hanzo she can’t contribute much. She’s NOT fine. She’s the lowest pickrate AND winrate hero in the game

1 Like

Well they manage to acknowledge and fix all the bugs related to Doomfist (and still fixing), and yet Sombra has little attention nor any fix.

If Doomfist can, why can’t Sombra?

can you, like, check statistics before making statements

I’m asking for straight buffs. Such is her state now (and always has been) that it’s obvious she needs significant buffs.

I have a separate sombra and wm account. Apart from tracer, I love both of these heroes.

Widow ofc im not that good, but I love playing her.

Im a solid 2800 SR tracer main on my secondary acc and a Diamond D.Va main on my main. But I play Sombra and Widowmaker on this third acc around 2300 SR.

2300 SR is kinda right for me when it comes to my widow skill. Sombra ofc, i can do more cuz she’s more like tracer, but since team always rage on me for picking sombra and throw the game, i loose a few as well, therefore im kinda going see saw on 2300 SR.

The thing is me being a 2800 SR dps main playing sombra at 2300 SR still has amazing sombra stats.

I have over 40% accuracy with her and some games i even get 17k + damage in with her.

But if for some reason i go sombra and some how i die, just once is enough, the whole team starts shouting sombra change etc etc without giving me a second chance even.

And then they pick dps themselves cuz they are too stupid to check my stats on sombra.

This has always been the story of gold rank. Bunch of noobs thinking they are better than everyone else.

So, blizzard you are too slow on balancing these heroes.

Sombra has always been in F tier since her release on all ranks. Time to make her viable, so people like me can play her without people raging all the time for no reason.

2 Likes

xd That moment when you realize Sombra is only a low pick because everyone refuses to play her. Like I play Sombra everyday and I’ve only ran into hand full of these bugs here and there, it isn’t like you pick Sombra and you immediately just start bugging out. You can still move, shoot, hack and get picks. Honestly don’t think any of these bugs are so devastating that she literally can’t be taken out of spawn. I don’t believe Sombra is the lowest pick because of these bug think she’s the lowest pick because of the community. “Oh you can’t say that you’re only Gold/Plat you don’t know” Yeah maybe Grandmasters notice them but how many people are Grandmaster Sombra players? Legit there is only hand full of Grandmasters who play Sombra, Fitzy still plays her on the daily. “well Fitzy been switching a lot” doubt it’s because of the bugs, it’s Overwatch people this game was made to swap in and out of heroes. Yes I’ve seen Fitzy play and he’ll run into a bug but does he stop playing the hero he loves no! He sucks it up and goes “Whelp” and continues to play Sombra. Which is more than majority of people complaining about her Sombra are doing, how can you sit there and say/argue she has the lowest stats across the board when you’re doing nothing to help that. Why would you expect blizzard to hop on the Sombra fixes if none of you are playing her, they’d rather go focus on other things. And I’m willing to bet half the people complaining about bugs are just dying as Sombra and crying that they only died because of a bug they never got. So please before you tell people check the stats and link some website showing them Sombra is lowest picked hero ask yourself “What am I doing to help Sombra Climb to the top”.

I refuse to play my bae until they fix the bugs

1 Like

How’s she your bae if you don’t even play the character xd….

I mained her before the buffs, played about 3 hours with buffs and even less with the nerfs. Learn your facts.

EDIT: I believe she is still my second most played hero behind D.Va despite not playing Sombra for almost 2 seasons.

1 Like

People hate Sombra because she’s outclassed by the other DPS heroes. Soldier is a strictly better hero, for example. Shes poorly balanced, despite her creative abilities.

1 Like

I mean if blizzard gave Sombra Soldier DPS + leave her abilities the same people would complain that she OP. So is she really that poorly balanced?

You still didn’t respond