Why do people hate on sombra so much?

Because she is buggy af, that doesn’t mean she isn’t my main still, when despite lack of sombra play recently she is still one of my most played heroes.

Kolorblind seems to do alright with Bastion on high ranks but I wouldn’t use that to argue Bastion being in a good place either…

There’s people who can complete Dark Souls with their eyes closed. Doesn’t mean that’s how everyone can play the game.

There will always be exceptions and highly skilled individuals who can break the formula. You can’t use that as the basis of your balancing argument.

“I know she got the worst stats in the game and that everyone is miserable playing her… But there is this one guy. That means she’s fine”

2 Likes

I didn’t say just because Fitzy doesn’t have problem with her she doesn’t need any changes, I even said others. I’m sure there are many people who aren’t pro out there playing her just fine. I even said personally I don’t feel like she needs a buff. Basically what you’re saying is she High Skill capped hero that what’s really wrong with Sombra at that point. Everyone seem to be crying about bugs, but again these bug aren’t so devastating she can’t be played. She not being played because of bugs it’s the community, end of story. You can’t simply say it because of the bugs because if she was as bad as everyone is saying it is she wouldn’t be in the game. Even if they fixed the bugs with Sombra people would cry because of her damage, 9 times out of 10 every group will say “It’s our Sombra damage” not “well that Sombra bug”. But where can blizzard honestly take her damage? what would you guys like her damage to be? Hack a tank and destroy them? immediately everyone would cry. End of the day yes Sombra need some bugs fixed. No these bugs don’t make it impossible to play Sombra you’re choosing not to. Lights out :b

The cooldown getting shot at on hack is a slap to the face. I can see 1 second but two?! She is the ONLY HERO that gets penalized like this for getting shot and it really screws her over big time. Bugs while hacking too are bad. Having her get a cooldown while being shot would be like saying “Reinhardt if you get shot you have to put your shield down for 2 seconds before you can do your job again.”

Same with hanzo “if you get shot while using storm bow it goes away and your cooldown will be added 2 seconds”

I could go through the list “brigitte if you get shot while your shields down you lose your aura for 2 seconds” but you get what im going for.

Especially when you have characters like winston, zarya, and moira who can spin in a circle to tag you while your trying to hack

1 Like

I’m sorry if you’re getting your hack on cd. I would suggest try hacking from the high ground or being sneakier, like go full pink panther. If you going in for a hack and end up getting on that 2sec CD I would suggest just trying to build Ult or just get out and take it from a different angle. If you’re really having trouble play with Zayra and ask her to bubble you while going in for a hack. End of the day if you find yourself getting that 2sec CD the whole game you deserve that slap in the face and that’s when you sit back think what could I do differently.

i think her kit is fine as is. She doesn’t need any kind of buff. I always see threads asking for her to get buffed with health pack charge again or removing the 2s hack delay when she takes damages.

Since I’m on console I had no idea she had the hack bug. Several people linked videos of the hack failing to go off. She literally has a bug that makes hack useless. If that could be fixed she’d be pretty balanced.

On console she’s actually pretty good. She still has high timing demands but overall in good hands she’s reliable. I hope you PC players get her bug free soon.

Are you trolling? That’s not even close to what I said.
I said that there are really skilled people who can do amazing thing with weak characters. That doesn’t mean that character strong.

First of all “The pro’s” are not “doing fine” with Sombra. She is among the least played heroes on GM. Her OWL use is approaching zero. You can’t just make up nonsens.

You really think people don’t play a hero that’s, according to you, “fine” because of the community? For real?

I’m just going to end it here because this is some form of troll bait or something. It’s just too absurd to be real.

This has more to do with statistical abnormalies rather than demanding high skill. There are people playing Bastion in high ranks and do it successfully yet Bastion isn’t exactly a high skill hero. It just works out for them.
Sombra has her moments, but she’s still objectively bad. “People just don’t know how to play her yet”, “She’s just team dependant” and all the other memes don’t help.

These are some of my own ideas

I don’t know if these two sentences were meant to be connected, but if they were, can we ******* stop? Every hero can be played well at gm level by at least 2 people. That doesn’t mean they’re fine.

Sombra doesn’t really need buffs, but bug fixes and one or two QoL changes could be nice.

Don’t bother. He’s basically a troll. Every argument is full of lies and misconceptions and when people challenge him on it he gets toxic.

Sombra has too high of a learning curve, and her success rate is too dependent on her teams ability to follow through. Those are the two main issue with Sombra.

Naturally, if you have 100 hours on Sombra and you play with players who have good combat awareness, your success rate on Sombra is going to be considerably higher, then playing with a team who just trickles in throughout the whole match.

Buffing Sombra isn’t as much about her effectiveness, but about making her more fluent and fun to play for a new player. A lot of people have a tendency to play Sombra round a health pack, because that’s what her kit encourages you to do. If Stealth was more flexible and the Translocator was faster to throw, it would make these abilities more effective during combat.

1 Like

Fitzy makes a living by streaming Sombra gameplay, He played her even on launch. Will you now argue that she was fine with 1.2 hack cast time, 12 second hack cooldown 6 sec cooldown on translocator and even more bugs which gets her killed through lingering hitbox after translocating, Because apparently one anecdotal exampel is more worth the stats across all ranks.

1 Like

I can’t remember of the last time my team won a match with a Sombra. No matter which role you are trying to fill other heroes do it better; flanking, dpsing, utility, etc.

She is the epitome of worthlessness in my eyes, waaaay too situational.

I got some bugs here too. A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #15 by Xaron-1831

She’s pretty good. The hack/EMP is devastating and that alone is near justification for her in the DPS slot. Think about it, instead of raw damage output she has the hack. Any DPS has to expend time taking down a Rein barrier but she can do instantly.

This is the trick with her. Get team fight value and back line pick offs. I had a game yesterday with 30 some kills with most of them in a 26 streak. Her back line TTK is insane on supports and slow moving targets. She cripples tanks with hack/EMP value too.

She requires good timing and positioning. Unfortunately that makes her really hard for most players to utilize. I promise you that she’s actually good though. Too bad PC players are dealing with the hack bug or she might be seeing more usage…

Honestly, her emp is the only think keeping her somewhat alive because her midgame is just terrible atm. Hack is unreliable, can be interrupted easy, and does not secure kills unless someone is out of position or your team is coordinated enough to follow through. Invis can get you into the backline but you have to break through all the healing that is going around with triple support. She has terrible shield pressure as well which is pretty important at the moment. Healthpack control is basically useless now because there are less flankers running around and you get no ult charge.

As much as I would like that to be true I don’t see it being that way. As someone who was very excited to play a stealth hero in OW (I main Spy in TF2) I had good expectations for her. Totally disappointed. Her “utility” is highly situational to the point that I much rather have an Symm or Torb on offense over Sombra.

Even in the rare occasion where I am facing a Sombra on the enemy team I couldn’t feel any impact on her sneaking around, unlike a Reaper or a Genji. Even her ultimate isn’t stopping me from moving nor attacking the enemy.

If OWL stats are any indication of a hero’s strength then her 2.27% pick rate says much.

Sombra mains can theorycraft all kinds of marvellous situations where she might make a diffence, it’s been loss after loss after loss for me when our team gets Sombra.

I really disagree with this…

I guess. She’s a real threat in the higher tiers. She doesn’t need follow up if you know what to target and when. I find it so strange that more players can’t find success with her.

I wouldn’t take OWL stats too seriously. The pros can fill her role with others with ease. Until a hero or comp comes along that requires her utility she’ll be niche there.

It’s not theory though. I can literally get into a game and run people over with her. I firmly believe the vast majority of players just don’t know how to use her.