Why do people get so defensive about Moira's LOCK beam?

OP, your argument basically boils down to “I am correct, any attempts to correct me are being far too defensive!”

I’ve no idea how you can possibly defend your own logic with a straight face lol.

2 Likes

I know for a fact they are wrong, and it can be proven, just no one has bothered to make a video of it showing the lock on affect.

As a Sombra main, we notice things like this because of our aiming style, and moira’s lock on makes our aiming style effortless.

BUT, we don’t complain about it because moira lock on is no where near what Sym 1.0 lock on was.

Honestly my biggest problem with moira as a sombra main, is her blue ball of doom, and the fact she has such a small hitbox.

It’s a chore for me to take down a moira.

Troll topic initiated.
Troll topic successful.

1 Like

If it’s a lockon, that means you don’t have to keep your vision trained on the target and it will continue to work, you can turn way to the right and left without breaking the line

Moira is not like that, you can evade the beam. And there is no such thing as a soft lock, that doesn’t even make sense if you think about it, so I don’t know why people use that term

Plus, Moira is a character whose design pretty much screams Sombra counter anyways, she’s built to be good against flankers. I feel like you may be biased

As I said, if you have never played Sombra for any extended period of time without a break, then go and play Moira, you would have no idea what I’m talking about.

The aim styles are identical, the difference is Moira doesn’t have spread to deal with. The lock on affect moira has, is the same affect Sombra mains use because of the spread pattern based on distance from the target.

Irrelevant

You can evade Sombra left click too but the pattern is the exact same based on distance, at close range Sombra has to be highly mobile with track aim, just like moira, and long range sombra does not need to be highly mobile with track aim.

It’s the exact same aiming style, except that moira has a thin beam and lock on at certain angles, which isn’t much wider than what Sombra has to deal with as far as spread is concerned, but it’s significantly noticeable to a Sombra main because the lock on angle is bigger than Sombra’s spread at pretty much any range.

And Sombra mains do not have a problem with that, and your statement about being biased is also irrelevant.

Of course I’m biased, but I also don’t parade around the forums saying she needs to be nerfed because a pro used her.

Trust me Chief, Play sombra for at least 50 hours straight, then go back and play Moira.

You will know exactly what I’m talking about then.

I am thinking that this “lock-on” hyperbole continues on because DPS mains refuse to select healer - even in the training room.

Seriously, take Moira into the training room and about 30 seconds later you’ll see she’s not lock on.

Been there done that. And I even pick her in games from time to time when I don’t feel like trying as hard to aim.

It’s the sad truth when you put a Sombra main into the shoes of moira.

What defines a good moira from a bad one, is skill use, and rather or not they know how to dodge fire.

Those are the moira mains whom are difficult to contend with.

But aiming on moira for a sombra main, is like playing mercy.

It’s relaxing for us.

Just because their area of attack on the weapon is around the same size, with sombra using bullets and moira a beam, doesn’t make it lockon, seriously

And Sombra has a way higher damage potential anyways, so I don’t see the problem here

I’m not going into this again.

It is lock on despite what people say.

Just because you can’t see the lock on affect is not my problem, it’s yours.

It can be proven.

But I’m not going out of my way to prove you are wrong.

If you want to insist it’s not lock on, it’s your job to prove us wrong.

Not the other way around.

So basically, you deny the proof, say that the proof can be proven wrong, and then refuse to actually prove the proof wrong? Oi

But, it is the people who are calling it a lockon which have lost objectivity.

One side brings proof, and the other side is saying “no it is a lock on” - of COURSE the Moira mains are pissed.

The people arguing with them can’t even get the basics right about the character.

Take this person…

They can’t even get the basics right about the hero. What kind of conversation is there to be had with them.

You can show them the videos showing that it isn’t, and they will plug their ears and go lalalalalala

Of course we treat people like that as idiots, because they are idiots.

It gets REAL old, real fast. So people are naturally hostile to them.

I’m curious what the rebuttal is?

1 Like

They won’t watch it, that is pretty easy, people have posted it to them before.

1 Like

yeah… but I tried. it’s all i can do.

1 Like

You can just ignore them as a lost cause, and discard any arguments they make as from a position of extreme but deliberate ignorance.

It works for me.

1 Like

I just dislike the ignorant spreading of blatantly incorrect information. People usually combine their claim of Moira having lock-on with their judgement that she’s super low skill. I have no real stance to make in that discussion in terms of opinions, but… when you’re objectively wrong, you’re wrong.

Guys, clearly ana’s attacks are lock on now. I mean, if I shoot near an ally when scoped it automatically moves the graphics of the shot to hit the ally so its lockon right?

1 Like

Is yours constructive?

Idk, but since we have no actual definition for lock-on, i say no one is right.

Why? Because opinions and feelings…