Why do people get so defensive about Moira's LOCK beam?

If u dont track properly u lose the target. I guess u dont play vs good genjis more often. Lock on sure lul…

It’s not a lock beam (not in the same way as Symmetra’s old primary fire was a lock-on). People just like to complain about it because they don’t think it’s fair that they’re not skilled enough to avoid getting killed by a support.

Honestly (forgive the rant), it’s just a bunch of lower ranked dps players whining that they can’t kill Moira (I never have any trouble against her when I play Reaper or Doomfist), and ignoring the fact that aside from certain niche circumstances, she’s less than optimal at the higher ranks.

Hanzo shoots logs/fridges. We call him The Kelvinator.

Genji throws frisbees.

Moira doesn’t lock on.

If Moiras beam would get randomly replaced with a tweaked version of Symmetra’s old beam, hardly anybody would notice.

but the ones who knows what a lock-on mechanic actually means would see it pretty quickly.

Doesn’t really matter either way, the people who believe that she needs nerfs because “ez aim” are a joke and probably hardstuck gold.

Because they are dumb.

It’s pretty simple, Moira has Lock on, and a lot of people aren’t Happy with that statement as it makes her sound less skillfull.

Grabs popcorn and relaxes on sofa

Let the show beginn I’m rdy

oh and btw I’m pretty sure the whole Moira hate would disapear if her beam had like 1 sec of build up time until it deals damage, (Not that her dmg is a issue) imho its just that save Long range chip dmg which usually kills the target (Sorry Plat pleb here, my healers need 40min to react :frowning: )

If it wouldn’t be hitscan it would be more fair to die against it, for lower elo players.

High elo players get heals quickly and don’t have to survive against moira for 15 straight seconds while living on 5% HP and Screaming at the healers to just not let them die…

That’s objectively wrong, and the video that compares Symmetra and Moira’s weapon shows it too. If you crossed Symmetra’s beam while she was damaging another player, the beam kept targeting the original target and you took no damage, nor did the beam change targets to you.

No, they don’t. They’re saying it has actual lock on, which it doesn’t. People that talk about Hanzo’s “logs” don’t think the arrows have the proportions of actual logs, it’s just a colorful metaphor, but there’s plenty of people that believe Moira has actual lock-on, not just a big hitbox.

If you’re spending that much time on a Moira, that’s your own fault lul

Not 1v1ing
Trying to escape on low hp.
Bc the enemy moira really wants me dead.

My healers don’t care about me.

I think you mean 299. And also, by that logic, self-healing heroes like Lucio have infinite “effective health”. What a very useful term!

1 Like

If you mean escaping on low HP from another character and getting chased down by Moira, a lot of heroes can do that better than her and kill you faster. That doesn’t have anything to do with Moira.
In a 1v1 situation you shouldn’t need heals to kill a Moira, her damage is too low to be a serious threat to DPS heroes.

Wanna know an easy way to fix that?

Don’t call it a lock on.

Then those same Moira mains think they know about Sombra, when they don’t.

I have 1700 hours in the game, and 450+ hours on Sombra.

I played moira last night and won 8 out of 10 games in a row… The only two games I lost were backfill games with less than 30 seconds left.

Do you want to know what my accuracy was in every game?

68% or higher.

Guess why?

Because I have no experience with moira’s aim style even tho it’s an exact duplicate of Sombra MINUS THE LOCK ON AFFECT.

You want video proof, I’ll show you freaking video proof.

Since you moira mains are to inexperienced to prove how your own main works.

I am currently at work, I will create the video tonight.

Aim style has nothing to do with weapon mechanics. Moira tracks her target like any beam users because (like everyone has said) it’s a fat beam.

Frankly I’m not sure what you’re arguing. You said “minus the lock on affect” which is what this thread is all about. That she doesn’t have a lock on affect.

Seriously.

That’s like Saying, Widow is not a sniper, compared to Ashe.

Seriously just stop talking.

Because Sombra doesn’t track her target at all.

Fair point really… I stand totally corrected.

Then you didn’t need to post at all did you?

If I have to explain my statement, then you are not worth the effort. And you literally have no idea what is going on in the thread.

Says the OP, who btw, did NOT design the game and thus is not an authority on what constitutes as “lock-on” mechanic in this game.

Nice try tho, bro.

It’s not a lock on though wtf.

You sound like you would also believe that “one shot combo” is a correct term.

Lets brake it down then yes?

RobotWizard is talking about how people aren’t focused on the mechanics of how Moira works . He mentions basics because knowing how a hero functions like type of attack and spread are just that, basic information.

I don’t play Moira at all (rather boring to me) but I know she doesn’t have a lock on.

I know everything about Sombra mechanically, but I sure as hell don’t know how to properly play her. We are talking about Mechanics, not how the hero is used or played.

Once again similar aiming styles have little to do with the mechanics behind how the hero’s function.

My WB aim and my Zarya aim are identical because they both track. Moira also tracking has nothing to do with a lock-on affect she doesn’t have.

there are already plenty of videos debunking the lock-on affect

I mean they are both snipers but have vastly different mechanics. Widow has to charge her shot while Ashe doesn’t.

There’s also ammo to consider and effective range. That’s mechanical. Classifications like snipers and tracking (for aim) are general umbrella terms to describe a hero or their intended role.

I’ve decided in light of the Sombra nerf on PTR.

I will not be doing a video to teach Moira mains how their character works.

I’m more concerned about my main being deleted than to teach others how to play the game.