Why do Nano'ed Genjis think they are so good?

Because it really is the Genji that did everything? the ana just kinda looked in there general direction and pressed Q

4 Likes
  1. I play genji and when I get potg because my friend nanoed me I say, we did it. I am not the only one who does that alot of genji mains do give credit to the Ana’s
  2. A genji being happy about his play saying he did something is not a crime because believe it or not Nanoblade isnt boosted or op. It’s actually balanced and alot of things can shutdown so if a genji player is happy for his play, it is not a crime.
  3. Stop being ahole trashing down the genji. If you think it is so easy to do it, then do it yourself mate.
3 Likes

Every time I see a nano’d Genji get grav’d, I laugh out loud.

4 Likes

Why was this flagged lmao

3 Likes

I’ve also seen plenty of Genjies who just dashed into the enemy team and died, nano boost and all.

I agree that it’s not the hardest job in the world, but it’s still far from an easy one, considering how easy it is to counter the Genji. You have no idea how many Dragonblades I’ve negated just by using Primal Rage as Winston and juggling the Genji away whenever he tried to get to get to my backline until his nanoblade ran out. :man_shrugging: Not to even mention using Graviton Surge to catch the Genji, using Gravitix Flux to stop him in his tracks, Hooking him or pushing him away with Whole Hog, Earth Shattering him, or just dropping mines on your own backline as Hammond. Those are all super easy ways to stop even a nanoboosted Genji, and that’s just what the tank roster can do, there’s plenty of DPS and supports than can counter him as well.

And who do you think should get the credit there? The Ana? For doing what, pressing Q in the general direction of her Genji? Don’t get me wrong, good Ana players are amazing, they need fantastic aim, good positioning, incredible resource management, and so on, to get value out of her. Even knowing when to use the nanoboost to save teammates is a pretty delicate and skill-testing part of the game. But using a nanoboost on an ulting Genji? I’m sorry if I don’t see that as some pinnacle of skill that we should give them credit for. :tired_face:

If your point is that people’s egos are too big in OW, then sure, I’m inclined to agree, but that’s hardly exclusive to Genji players.

1 Like

Eh, you know these forums, Genji is a very popular punching bag. :smiley:

1 Like

because the forums would sooner die than say anything positive about genji, he has been trash for about 2 years and people were still saying he was overpowered

Why focus on just Genji?, There are players that are pretentious regardless of their character choice.

1 Like

Everyone who plays Genji is automatically bad because all they do is blade bot. I gave it a shot it’s laughable how easy it is to carry.

Not judging. But ana put some effort to get that ult. It’s sad see somebody waste it, doesn’t matter who they are.

About nano blade or blade, the only complaint I have it’s about it’s AOE that aoe it’s huge. People doesn’t need to fight or complain, in the end the choice of nano it’s from Ana, if genji wastes 1-2 times I think it’s fair her try use in other targets, and maybe genji think about to pick other hero (if he not performing well).

Yeah, definitely. Don’t get me wrong, knowing how to build the ultimate fast is definitely another one of the things that distinguish good Ana players from mediocre ones, I’m just saying that when the actual fight in which nanoboost is used happens, the Genji is doing 99% of the work.

Definitely agree with that, I hate when there’s a Genji player crying that his Ana doesn’t want to nanoboost him, if she thinks her main tank or a different DPS or whatever is a better target, that’s her prerogative. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

People who butt hurt at what I said I guess

1 Like

this is why i hate genji people that play as him are tryhards

Nano just needs to be adjusted so it doesn’t boost ultimate damage. They did that for Hanzo. Apply it to everyone.

I mean, that is a hell of a thing right there.

They did it to a large set of ults.

Only transform ults came away safe.

1 Like

All Genji mains thing they are good, not just the ones you nano.

OH wow!!! Trying HARD!!! In a COMPETITIVE game!!! Who would have thought?:thinking:

1 Like

The most annoying moment is when the Genji does literally nothing in the game and then suddenly gets a nano boost, whips his blade out, gets a 3k and wins POTG.

1 Like

Why cut it when you can just deflect the hair away :man_shrugging:t2:

You do realize “tryhards” mean people who have lesser talents trying to portray themselves as greats by over excessively trying too hard?

Nevertheless, Genjis who perform well thanks to a powerful ultimate PLUS a damage boost with a passive that allows almost free movement for every kill should not be accounted only towards the Genji.

Unfortunately, many take credit which is not rightfully due simply because they were the ones who get the POTGS.