Why do me and my friends, who are low gold - plat keep getting put against Grandmasters and Masters players

Over the past couple of weeks me and my friends have consistently been put against masters and grandmasters players. This issue mainly occurs in quickplay and only sometimes happens in comp. Is this game dead? Why is there not enough players so you can have a balanced match. Also another thing to add, one in around 4 games there will be a smurf either on our team on the opposite team, which I am fine with once or twice but when it comes to 4 or 5 games in a row it becomes a little annoying. I don’t know if this game is dying and can’t fill its game with people the same rank or if its just some bug, which wouldn’t surprise me because the game is full of them.

1 Like

In Quick Play there is no such a thing as being put into a game with people of the same rank. Not everyone even plays comp so there is no way to even compare someone who has no rank with someone who does have a rank in comp.

And the game tries to get a match going in a reasonable amount of time. If the game would continuously look for someone of your rank you can add multiple extra minutes to searching for a match. I doubt people are that interested in waiting 10+ minutes for a match. And no, this doesn’t mean the game is dead.

Also, just in case you got that confused, someone’s border isn’t someone’s rank. It only denotes level but doesn’t tell you much about how good someone is.

The game doesn’t check if someone is using a smurf account. So you facing a “smurf” isn’t something the game can stop from happening. All you can do is try to re-queue so you don’t have to face the same obvious smurf again. It may be annoying to face a smurf but it is not against any rules to own multiple accounts.

But no, your problems aren’t likely to be bugs.