Why do I get suspended from a crash?!?

My first crash in forever and I don’t quit comp matches ever. Yet I have a random crash that Blizzard notifies me of stating “Blizzard Error: 695014BB-1F32-4C49-B777-BA8AD39AF2FC”. Hoping I can join back in to my comp match, but no ten minute suspension. I understand if it’s an internet disconnection, then you don’t know if it’s me lagging or I just unplugged my router. But a Blizzard recognized error that has nothing to do with internet connection or my computer crashing. On top of it being one of the few times I’ve ever left a comp match.

1 Like

It has happened to most of us.
It sucks.

They won’t give your SR back, though. It’s just how it works.

2 Likes

It sucks.

Unfortunately, Blizzard has no way to determine if a player leaves by user or by disconnect

I know, but if I get a crash report stating game issues shouldn’t they know? Not like I overclocked and I crashed, or disconnected from the internet. The game itself crashed and I received a game crash report stating technical issues. Not asking for SR just why the suspension??? Especially when my account has almost zero competitive leaves.

1 Like

Game Crashes that send a report to Blizzard helps you resolve the crash, but Blizzard (nor the greater community) want players to be playing Competitive Play when they are experiencing crash symptoms which is why the suspension will always stand.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

When you are crashing to where the Blizzard Crash Handler app appears, this is often due to outdated drivers or a conflicting program. Please follow these steps first if you have not already.

If nothing helps, please go ahead and start a web ticket and share those crash errors in the ticket. Please also remember to add your system files so that Blizzard can learn about your computer quickly.

Obtaining System Files: Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files

Starting a web ticket: Blizzard Support - Contact Support

A post was split to a new topic: Jimmybuff - leaver penalty after crash