Why do I get penalized?

I think everyone should get 1 free leave per season in case of some unexpected fluke in the connection or hardware

Yes, you do. You cannot stop responding to me to keep denying reality. So surely you could look up whether or not Blizzard servers were down a week ago. You probably already did and that is why you do not want to commit to it.

Can I just ask you why? Why are you so adamant about this narrative that the Blizzard servers are infallible and any problems cannot possibly be Blizzards responsibility?

2 Likes

Same here, but my penalties unfortunately where also from rage quitting as well as just the internet being a jerk. It goes by quick though, penalty doesn’t mean you can’t play either luckily, just means you won’t get as much EXP.

1 Like

I’ve raged quit before not in a long while maybe a year ago was my last but not my proudest moment :grimacing:

Always remember positivity is :key:
:ribbon::reminder_ribbon::ribbon:

1 Like

I have never experienced this before.
When I played and a new patch get released I was always able to finish the game and instantly after that a window would pop up, that a new version is available and that I have to restart the client.

PC player though. Maybe it’s different on consoles :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh, maybe. To be fair, it does not even punish you for it on console, it just kicks you.

2 Likes

I usually rage quit when people just aren’t playing the game and rather fight people and lose having not be focusing on the objective, than fight people as well as trying to win while also paying attention to getting kills and guarding/claiming whatever it is we are suppose to be guarding/claiming at the moment.

1 Like

That makes sense just don’t do it in comp those people will rip you to shreds :grimacing:

1 Like

I ripped them to shreds right back, I don’t play around when people want to be overly competitive and egotistical. XD That is just me though. They don’t have a right to yell at me just because they take their game too seriously, and I just happen to still be able to remember IT IS A GAME.

Lucky for them though, I guess, is I don’t play comp often because stress levels are too high and it just makes the game not fun anymore. So they don’t have to put up with my bull too much. XD

1 Like

I’m not usually a competitive person but I want those SR points for my Mei and D.va golden guns I already have Mercy’s and I’ll have to trudge through again for Echo’s but eh a little stress now and again isn’t that bad right? :sweat_smile:

I place silver and or bronze since the 3 category thing I used to place high gold back in the day and in comp elimination I reached plat I’m a roller coaster of bad luck :rofl:

1 Like

I guess, I am not really into golden weapons though, they just don’t seem like much of a prize for me if I where to be torturing myself in comp. Once I can buy locked event only collectables for my favorite characters, then Blizzard may talk me into playing comp more religiously. XD

Or even better pay me in game currency for winning a Comp mode game.

1 Like

I only want them because I main those 3 and 4 soon and it’s needed to complete the set and I mark it as I really am a main of said character :smile:

1 Like

Imagine how your team must feel.

Theres no need for that accidents happen whether this persons team knew it or not don’t make it harder for them than it already is :no_mouth:

Oh absolutely! Not pointing fingers or anything, just trying to put things into perspective is all. The whole team gets penalized for a loss, and they had even less control over the situation (or are further removed from it at any rate).

1 Like

Your response was irrelevant because you assumed something about their hardware that was literally untrue. It’s also not mature to tell someone else how you think they should be coping with it because their approach differs from yours. Venting on the forums hurts nobody.

Perhaps but this persons probably already guilt ridden enough because it was a comp match I don’t think making it worse is very nice and internet disconnects can happen at any time and you wouldn’t see it coming even if it were running smoothly up the that point :grimacing:

Its extremely difficult to find a person on the internet actually willing to argue, most people can’t handle their opinions being challenged and will snap.

Penalties apply to all players who have disconnections or crashes to get them to STOP from trying to requeue into a new match without taking the time to troubleshoot the problem. This Blizzard official post explains more:

Calm down…